Something good out of a bad few weeks

misfit72ford

We are going on the Paradise in April for our 20th anniversary. We are super excited since this is one of the cruises to Cuba. Well that last 6 weeks have been tough. My husband had two cataract surgeries scheduled. The day before the first one he didn't see a curb, due to the cataracts, and hurt his knee. So he went ahead with the first cataract surgery then off to the orthopedic doctor the next day. He tore his meniscus. Both the vision and knee get a bit better but I end up in the ER with a kidney stone and diverticulitis. Then eye #2 is done and all goes well but the knee is still a problem and an MRI is needed. We are now waiting on he results. The good part is I had forgotten I have an AFLAC policy on both of us. What we will get back from that will pay a big chunk of our cruise. Kind of feels like the rainbow 🌈 at the end of the storm. 

Sorry to hear of your health/accident issues, seems to be happening to lots of us as we get older.  So Congrats on your 20th anniversary and almost "free" cruise.

I think it's not what happens to us in life that is the defining issue.  We all have our ups and downs.  I think it's our reaction to what life throws our way that defines our character.  Be amazed at that rainbow you are looking at!