Dunedin port extension ready for new cruising season

Am I right in thinking that this extension is to the Container wharf and that the other wharf is called the Beach wharf?

Also that passengers may not disembark onto the Container wharf except into shuttle buses, whereas they can simply walk off the ship from the Beach wharf.

And that if there is a shortage of shuttle buses such as occurs when two ships are in port, that passengers on the ship on the Container wharf can be held up onboard for hours while waiting for a bus.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

I am so looking forward to being back there in January.  We were always a bit complacent about New Zealand.  We thought it was so close we had plenty of time to see it.  It is now way up there on my list of favourite countries and we are heading for our third visit in January (second to Dunedin).

10 hours ago, Swissmiss6253 said:

I am so looking forward to being back there in January.  We were always a bit complacent about New Zealand.  We thought it was so close we had plenty of time to see it.  It is now way up there on my list of favourite countries and we are heading for our third visit in January (second to Dunedin).

NZ is very addictive as there is so much to see and do while being so much easier to get around compared to other places. The people there are lovely too.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

NZ is very addictive as there is so much to see and do while being so much easier to get around compared to other places. The people there are lovely too.

We did NZ 4 years ago 13 nights on the Dawn Princess, loved it so much we are going back again in 33 days time (20 November), same trip but in reverse, from the top down this time, Sun Princess with the same embarcation date as last time.

Edited by Russell21