Diamond Happy Hour - Is sharing OK?

Brandis

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

IDK. It's kind of like the "priority seating" in theaters that are reserved for Diamonds.  It's opened to the general public 15 minutes before show time if there are empty seats and the staff realize the D+ member are not going to use this benefit.

Or am I stretching a bit to make a point...

My point was NOT TO DISCUSS what you do, because when you discuss it too much, the risk to lose the benefit increases.  In other words, do not openly state you SHARE when a strong probability is that you are not suppose to SHARE.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

So if I get cookies in my stateroom I can’t share them with my mom because those are made just for me ?

Give me a break 

The main point to many answers is if you get something that is for you based on your status, don't go tell everyone that you shared the gift.  No one cares if you mom got them, because she could actually go get some herself.  They are free for everyone.  The drinks however, are a benefit, and you should not openly state that you are sharing it. 

40 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Isn't that the BOGO?

Pretty sure that's a different scenario.

Nice stretch, though. :classic_biggrin:

Yes, it's BOGO. It's a free drink benefit so it's somewhat, sorta, kinda related, no?  😉

okay,  so it's once per-cruise and a purchase is required so maybe it's a stretch, :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Havingfun2010 said:

My point was NOT TO DISCUSS what you do, because when you discuss it too much, the risk to lose the benefit increases.  In other words, do not openly state you SHARE when a strong probability is that you are not suppose to SHARE.

I certainly do not want anyone to lose the benefit so I shall bow out now and will not say a word.  It's like rule #1 of Fight Club: There is no Fight Club

Cheers 🥂

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

So if I get cookies in my stateroom I can’t share them with my mom because those are made just for me ?

Give me a break 

Not sure you deserve one, but feel free to interpret whatever you like. But remember, 🎅 is watching. 😉

Here on Adventure according to our diamond concierge Rafael, the drink coupons are shareable.  He added that if a bartender is refusing to do so, call him and he will immediately correct that bartender.  In his words "They are yours to do whatever you want with".

So there you have one officially unofficial answer for at least one ship in the fleet.

Edited by twangster

43 minutes ago, twangster said:

Here on Adventure according to our diamond concierge Rafael, the drink coupons are shareable.  He added that if a bartender is refusing to do so, call him and he will immediately correct that bartender.  In his words "They are yours to do whatever you want with".

So there you have one officially unofficial answer for at least one ship in the fleet.

However it's kind of a free for all on Adventure, the folks sitting next to me at the bar in the VC last night were Emeralds and pigging out on free drinks all night.

Edited by FLACRUISER99
Spelling

20 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

However it's kind of a free for all on Adventure, the folks sitting next to me at the bar in the VC last night were Emeralds and pigging out on free drinks all night.

Indeed.  It's rather strange they police the door to the DL by inspecting cards while letting anyone order drinks in the VCL.

30 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

Indeed.  It's rather strange they police the door to the DL by inspecting cards while letting anyone order drinks in the VCL.

Is that the repo from NJ to FL?

It was like that on Mariner repo.

1 hour ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Kind of funny... many here are scrutinizing sharing drink coupon drinks while Royal is freely giving out many, many drinks to anyone who shows up the in VCL without a care in the world what their status is. 

• Like 1

Funny reading all these diamond folks justifying their abuse of the system.  Won't be long now until they restrict the use of the coupons. Kind of like Carnival does....1 coupon to be used on the last night after 5pm lol.....and then when they take diamond lounge away and make it the diamond plus lounge the crying really will begin...… I have a novel idea keep your perks to yourself and they are intended so you don't screw it up for everyone! 

Added- The Drink coupons were an attempt to fix the overcrowding issue...they have nothing to do with cookies, laundry, internet or any other perk, nor can they be compared. Like I said above, if the trial gets abused.....party over.

Edited by rolloman
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, rolloman said:

....and then when they take diamond lounge away and make it the diamond plus lounge the crying really will begin...… 

Oooh!  I like this idea. 👍

(I'm D+) 

Anyone on Adventure need a drink tomorrow night between 4:30 and 8?  Sharing is caring... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Repo from Qubec city to Port Everglades

That's right.

Kind of like saying the Mariner did a repo from Dubai to Barcelona this spring. 😉

Did they come to some understanding on the Caborage question?

On 10/17/2018 at 4:12 PM, Brandis said:

Reading all those opinions, I have to say that I can see a difference between the drink "coupons" and the drink packages for example. 

To me it is clear that sharing is not ok with any of the unlimited packages, as sharing would be on top of anything that I consume myself. However, with the drink "coupons", there are 3 per person per evening. So I don't see a difference if I consume those drinks or anyone else. As I'm no drinker, it would be a shame to let them go to waste if I don't use them.

I have 2 comments.  1st, the reason we started getting the 3 free drinks is because people were complaining that the Diamond lounges were getting over crowded.  They added the coupons to replace the drinks in the Diamond lounge.  So my question would be if you would feel comfortable going into the Diamond lounge ordering a glass of champagne and bringing it out to your friends?  It would be the same thing.

Second, the coupons are for ANY beverage including sodas, so it is irrelevant that you are ordering ginger ale for yourself (using your beverage package) and ordering champagne for your friends.  It would be the same as ordering a soda for yourself with your package and ordering 3 sodas for your friends with the coupons.  If you are ok with that, then go for it. 

• Like 1