Picton arrivals

Sorry - another question. We are sailing on the Celebrity Solstice (first time) in January, calling at Picton where we dock at 8am. We are looking to go on an independent tour at 10am. Again the question: will we have sufficient time to make our way via shuttle (5 mins I've been told) to Picton from Shakespeare dock? NB we have no special status to "jump the queue".)Ā  As before, two hours would seem to be a reasonable amount of time to get ashore, but you might know differently! We hope someone can advise.
Ā 
Looking forward to our New Zealand adventure. šŸ™‚

3 hours ago, Margaret51 said:
Sorry - another question. We are sailing on the Celebrity Solstice (first time) in January, calling at Picton where we dock at 8am. We are looking to go on an independent tour at 10am. Again the question: will we have sufficient time to make our way via shuttle (5 mins I've been told) to Picton from Shakespeare dock? NB we have no special status to "jump the queue".)Ā  As before, two hours would seem to be a reasonable amount of time to get ashore, but you might know differently! We hope someone can advise.

Ā 

At Picton you need to catch a shuttle bus when you get off the ship to go into town. These will be a bottleneck on the buses I would assume. I got off at 11-12 and there is never much of a queue, but that's because most people got off right after breakfast. If you join the queue early enough, you will be fine. I prefer a more relaxing holiday, so sleeping in and not waiting in queues sounds better to me.