Move Over Offer

Booked on the Sun Princess Coral Coast cruise departing Fremantle next Monday.  Yesterday received via email a moveover offer.  100% cruise fare back as refundable onboard credit; free cruise up to 8 nights; complementary upgrade and up to $250 per person air credit.

Had it been a cruise out of Brisbane I think we would have accepted, but we have booked airfares from Mackay to Perth, have booked and paid for accommodation prior to cruise and made arrangements afterwards over in WA, also really looking forward to this cruise.  

Received a second email later in the day, same offer, so they must have still been looking for people to move.  The cruise has been sold out for a while and the next time the same cruise is offered is 2020 so far as I can see.  There isn't another cruise we are interested in until late 2019 so have let this offer go.

We had a move over offer for the Majestic, we didnt take it but I think they sent three that day, would have taken it if we were retired and didnt have to organise leave etc, a good deal for a 22 night cruise. Get another free and the cost of the cruise in OBC.

• Like 1

Have received 2 more offers this morning.  The first was to downgrade to an Inside cabin and receive a 100% refund.  The second was a free 13 day cruise, plus refund, plus $450 air credit.

they must be getting really desperate now.  I am a bit claustrophobic and we love spending quiet time on our balcony so not interested in the downgrade.  The second was more tempting but it is too close now to change all our plans.  We fly to Perth in less than 48 hours and have already started packing.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:20 AM, cheznandy said:

We had a move over offer for the Majestic, we didnt take it but I think they sent three that day, would have taken it if we were retired and didnt have to organise leave etc, a good deal for a 22 night cruise. Get another free and the cost of the cruise in OBC.

I thought you were retired Chez, working for State Super in Retiresville, like me.