19-Night Holy Land and Arabian Gems LIVE

russg140

1 hour ago, Tranquility Base said:

Thanks for all the information.

What company did you use in Salalah ?

We used Oman Day Tours and our guide was Ali.  He was a bit hard to understand but very enthusiastic and thorough.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Russg, for your thread. Who knows, we may have met on the ship as my wife and I were also on this cruise. We very much enjoyed this cruise on the Encore. Now that I have had a chance to catch up with work, etc., I have written a review which I imagine Cruise Critic will post in a few days. It is hard to believe that we returned home only a week ago Saturday.  

I agree with you that most if not all fellow passengers were pleasant and friendly, as were most if not all ship personnel. It was a very nice cruise. We also enjoyed our day and a half at the Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach after debarking, with the beach much smoother (less rocky) and easy to navigate than the one at Sir Bany Yas Island.

The only point of difference was that my wife and I enjoyed our several dinners at TK, although we also enjoyed our lunches and dinners in the Restaurant. We found the TK bar a pleasant and relaxing oasis for a pre-dinner drink(s), listening to pianist John playing and occasionally singing. 

Smooth sailing,

On Cruiser

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 3:49 PM, russg140 said:

So, I've done this one previous cruises: reporting on each day's activities from everything from what we did to food/restaurants.  If you're interested, let me know.  If no one says anything I'll assume there is no interest and won't bother.  This cruise leaves from Athens, transits the Suez Canal and ends in Dubai.  Thanks!

We booked this cruise for November 2019...so extremely interested!

3 minutes ago, Tutuma said:

We booked this cruise for November 2019...so extremely interested!

Tutuma

Definitely read through this thread.  It might answer some of your questions.  I've also posted 3 short videos from the trip.  If you have any other questions let me know.  It was amazing!

Russ

• 3 months later...