Free gratuities question

minniem

I booked 2 cruises with the free for 3 promotion but the free gratuities isn't showing anywhere on the personalizer.  It does show up on my confirmation. The personalizer gives me the option to pre pay them but does not show that the gratuities are free with this promotion.  It does show the on board credit from the promotion but not the gratuities.  Is this normal?

11 minutes ago, minniem said:

I booked 2 cruises with the free for 3 promotion but the free gratuities isn't showing anywhere on the personalizer.  It does show up on my confirmation. The personalizer gives me the option to pre pay them but does not show that the gratuities are free with this promotion.  It does show the on board credit from the promotion but not the gratuities.  Is this normal?

Yes, it should be fine.  Try printing your Travel Summary, it will clearly say it there along with your other perks

You should be able to view your prepaid tips in your Cruise Personalizer:

• Payments & Credits
  • Optional Gratuity for Pre Payment 
  • Amount to Pay Now$0.00

Our $94.50 per person for our 7 day cruise shows with a $0.00 amount due which I print to take on the cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

You should be able to view your prepaid tips in your Cruise Personalizer:

• Payments & Credits
  • Optional Gratuity for Pre Payment 
  • Amount to Pay Now$0.00

Our $94.50 per person for our 7 day cruise shows with a $0.00 amount due which I print to take on the cruise.

Just checked mine and it gives me the option to prepay but doesn't let me print on Droid.  Screensaved it, suggest you do the same 

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

Just checked mine and it gives me the option to prepay but doesn't let me print on Droid.  Screensaved it, suggest you do the same 

That’s a good solution for you but I can print it using my web browsers & have a screenshot as a backup.

I have a copy of the travel summary showing the prepaid gratuities.  However, for the three cruises I have booked all with free gratuities, they did show prepaid and owing $0 until about 10 days ago.  Now they all show up as not being paid on my personalizer.  Anyone else having this difficulty?

Pooh

51 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

I have a copy of the travel summary showing the prepaid gratuities.  However, for the three cruises I have booked all with free gratuities, they did show prepaid and owing $0 until about 10 days ago.  Now they all show up as not being paid on my personalizer.  Anyone else having this difficulty?

Pooh

I just checked all my 3 for fee bookings. They all show $0.00 balance under payments and credits.

1 hour ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Pooh

Yes, it’s inconsistent. Sometimes they show a $0 balance and other times they show I can prepay if I want. The travel summary is always accurate, but a few clicks to get to 😊

I have PDF printed my travel summary just for back up and I always bring a current copy on our cruises.

I booked with a travel agent so mine doesn't show that under payments/credits. If I check each of us then it adds the amount and asks to pay. However, my confirmation from my TA shows that the prepaid gratuities are included. I always print those along with cruise documents in case of any issues.

58 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

I booked with a travel agent so mine doesn't show that under payments/credits. If I check each of us then it adds the amount and asks to pay. However, my confirmation from my TA shows that the prepaid gratuities are included. I always print those along with cruise documents in case of any issues.

How it’s booked isn’t a factor...I always book with a TA and the prepaid tips are always listed in Cruise Personalizer’s Payments & Credits.  It’s also listed on my Princess Booking Confirmation which my TA emails me and in my CP Travel Summary.

As others have posted sometimes displaying prepaid tips in the CP is inconsistent which for me has never been a problem.

After reading the thread about missing FCDs decided to check our free tips for our next 4 cruises with this benefit...all of them are now gone. 😳

Obviously the Princess website is continuing to experience problems which is frustrating & that’s why I print documentation for any benefits I am entitled to receive from them.  Thankfully my OBCs and tour bookings haven’t been affected but with their website that could happen at anytime. 🤨

I just checked my 3 upcoming cruises. Two do not include gratuities and the third does for the 3 for free promotion. All showed 0 due until I checked our names. Once checked they ALL show the gratuity amount. Yes, I do have it listed on the invoice so I’m not worried. Princess and it’s website are not 100% accurate all the time. However, I’ve never had a problem in fixing a mistake. 

18 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Pooh

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one.  On advice of friends, since CC wasn't available, I have printed my Travel Summary as it does say they are paid for. I intend to make a few copies to take along, just because.  

On my sailing with the 3 for free up until about 10 days ago ours showed paid as well...now shows I can pay them but if you go under onboard reservations way at the bottom it shows complimentary gratuities listed as an on board reservation...not sure why princess changed this but at least it shows there and on my invoice.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:45 PM, minniem said:

Your free gratuities show on your "travel summary".  I just printed it off for my husband and myself.

I was wondering about this as well. The cruise I booked with an EXtra big online TA isn't for over 300 days. It has us as having the PBP but payment due - and the option to pay grats -(as many of you know from that sale during the Sip and Sale sale, it also included the free grats from that TA) Will that show up closer to sailing, after final payment is made? I've never used that TA before - or that specific free grat sale so just curious. Thanks so much. 

1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

On my sailing with the 3 for free up until about 10 days ago ours showed paid as well...now shows I can pay them but if you go under onboard reservations way at the bottom it shows complimentary gratuities listed as an on board reservation...not sure why princess changed this but at least it shows there and on my invoice.

Mine used to show as “paid” as well and I wasn’t able to pay again if I wanted to.  But now Cruise Personalizer shows total due $0 but will let me pay gratuities if I select the radio button for the passengers names.  At least my Travel Summary shows prepaid gratuities from the 3 for free.  

But it doesn’t show up under Onboard Reservations for me.  I scrolled to the bottom and it just shows the bottled water package I purchased.  

1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

hmm that is odd this is how mine shows

Capture.JPG

Hmmm....that’s is odd.  Here is what mine looks like.  Was yours paid for by the TA?  At least it is in the Travel Summmary and I’ll be sure to bring that. 

FEAB2910-8FF2-48DC-9890-0C3B14A838EB.jpeg

love2cruise I was showing mthomp5 where my free gratuities were at as we have been discussing why the gratuities no longer show blacked out and paid in payments/credit section... I was showing where mine now showed under on board reservations as having free grats.

mthomp5, no I am signed up for the 3 for free sale that is how I got the free grats.  it did show up under payments/credits and blacked out and paid and then like the others about 10 days or so ago it showed I could pay them..I went to on board reservations as I was checking to see if they fabulous $99 photo deal was back (nope) and that is when I saw the free grats listed at the bottom.  If yours is not showing anywhere I would still call princess...it is good that you have and will bring your summary but perhaps princess site is having a glitch like the other day my FCD went away...I called and they said hmm oh yeah...others on CC had the same issue and now they are all back on the site...

Edited by cruzrbachoua

6 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

love2cruise I was showing mthomp5 where my free gratuities were at as we have been discussing why the gratuities no longer show blacked out and paid in payments/credit section... I was showing where mine now showed under on board reservations as having free grats.

mthomp5, no I am signed up for the 3 for free sale that is how I got the free grats.  it did show up under payments/credits and blacked out and paid and then like the others about 10 days or so ago it showed I could pay them..I went to on board reservations as I was checking to see if they fabulous $99 photo deal was back (nope) and that is when I saw the free grats listed at the bottom.  If yours is not showing anywhere I would still call princess...it is good that you have and will bring your summary but perhaps princess site is having a glitch like the other day my FCD went away...I called and they said hmm oh yeah...others on CC had the same issue and now they are all back on the site...

Thanks Cassandra!  I will give Princess a call today.