Specialty Dining Reservations Timing

Oville

Just curious, we can make our 4 Specialty Dining reservations on Thursday and would like to know what time on the east coast that would be.  We start our trek from Cape Cod to Naples that day so the timing isn’t great, but if I could do it before we leave that would work. Thanks. :classic_smile:

IME the "jump time" was nothing like trying to get a boarding position on Southwest!

In a DV I went on the first day my window opened - not waking up early to do it - and had no problem getting all my first wants . . . 

8 minutes ago, Capt_BJ said:

IME the "jump time" was nothing like trying to get a boarding position on Southwest!

In a DV I went on the first day my window opened - not waking up early to do it - and had no problem getting all my first wants . . . 

Each cruise is different and on the shorter cruises, the available slots get pretty well filled up by the higher categories, which not only get to book sooner but also can make more advanced reservations per cruise.

3 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Each cruise is different and on the shorter cruises, the available slots get pretty well filled up by the higher categories, which not only get to book sooner but also can make more advanced reservations per cruise.

I forgot to schedule my specialty dining on the morning it opened and by the afternoon the only times left were 8 to 8:30 pm. I'll wait till I get on board to see if there are any earlier spots open. If not, we'll just dine in The Restaurant. 

11 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Booking opens at 3 am for those of us on the Right Coast, 2am for Central, 1 am for Mountain and Midnight on the Left Coast.

have a safe drive

Thank you.  We are on a short 7 day cruise so I’ll be making reservations on the road tomorrow.  We are in PH Veranda so homing there will be no issues.:classic_rolleyes:

We just returned for the Viking sky, Amsterdam to Barcelona.  Use the app when you get on board to book additional dining requests.  No line, menus available to see and very quick.  We got all of the additional speciality dining we wanted.  "The Restaurant" was excellent also.  More variety then Manfredi's.  

On 10/17/2018 at 6:17 PM, Peregrina651 said:

Took me 3 minutes to make the reservations before leaving the house. Very Easy

9 hours ago, stcroixguy said:

We just returned for the Viking sky, Amsterdam to Barcelona.  Use the app when you get on board to book additional dining requests.  No line, menus available to see and very quick.  We got all of the additional speciality dining we wanted.  "The Restaurant" was excellent also.  More variety then Manfredi's.  

Thanks for the tip.  We want to make 2 more reservations at the Chef’s Table and I already have the app downloaded.  Since we are happy with 8:00 or 8:30 I don’t see much of a problem ahead.