Bone Broth Diet

kacurl

Hi everybody, I've been hanging out here reading all your different diets, struggles, accomplishments. I've tried many myself and I happened to see a show featuring The bone broth diet. I started to do research and got the book out of the library. It's 21 days, or longer if you have more to lose. Anyway it is actually one week starting it and I am down 5 lbs!!!! More importantly I feel great, granted I'm sure giving up my nightly cocktail or 2 is helping.  Basically it's 2 mini fasting days of bone broth and the other is like Paleo. My daughter is also doing this with me. I would like to lose 40 lbs before our 28 day cruise in March to Tahiti.    Anyone else doing this or have any info???  Cathy. PS.  Hope this comes out ok as I am not seeing preview post. Just gonna send.

Congrats on the weight loss!

As someone whose been in the industry for sometime now, any extreme change in diet\eating patterns like that will cause you to lose weight initially.

You could just as easily subsite bone broth with fresh squeezed juice, or some people like a mix of lemon juice, apple cider vinegar mixed with spices.

Bone broth does offer you collagen and some protein and is great to have in your diet all time.

The overall lifestyle is where you should concentrate once you get done with your 21 day diet. Otherwise, like any short-term diet, it will all come back.

I don't think the substitutions you mentioned would leave you feeling as satisfied as the broth , nor taste as good. Also too much sugar in the juices. The main change for me that I have done is eating 3 meals a day on non fasting days. I was used to low carb. I am also eating cleaner. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow and I am now seeing this more as a way to eat and be healthy than a diet.. will let you know week 2 results!!!

Juices that are high in fiber will keep you fuller, longer. And the juice from natural sources, like fruit and honey, affect your insulin levels differently than HFCS.

I drink a smoothie every morning with spinach, banana, milk, frozen mango and mixed berries with protein powder added in and it keeps me full well into lunch.

But it's great that you are making fundamental changes to your diet and lifestyle. That is key. Too many fad diets that people will start but have trouble maintaining.

On 10/23/2018 at 9:53 AM, kacurl said:

I don't think the substitutions you mentioned would leave you feeling as satisfied as the broth , nor taste as good. Also too much sugar in the juices. The main change for me that I have done is eating 3 meals a day on non fasting days. I was used to low carb. I am also eating cleaner. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow and I am now seeing this more as a way to eat and be healthy than a diet.. will let you know week 2 results!!!

Hi, I would love to know more about this. I have been doing low carb and it is very slow. I would love to try this.

Could you please give me more information I really don't want another "diet" book. I know it says 2 days a week drink 6 cups of bone broth or 5 and a snack?? What's the snack consist of? 

What do you eat the other 5 days?

I would love to start this on Monday. Do you make or buy your broth?

Thank you for your help,

Sheri

Hi Sheri,. I buy my broth, I get it from kettle and fire online. If you buy it make sure it has bones or made from bones in the ngredients. Make sure no sugar or artificial ngredients. I hv gotten some from grocery store. I actually got book from library. Typically I eat 2 eggs for breakfast with fruit and piece of avocado. So a protein a fat and a fruit. Lunch and dinner 1 protein 1 veg 1 fat.  Lunch I have 3 or 4 slices natural ham or turkey or leftovers, approved mayo and asparagus. Dinner steak green beans mb cooked in olive oil.  7pm snack wen fasting can also b a protein with a fat and veg. I do 1 fasting day  all broth. The next a snack, sometimes just a handful of nuts.                The biggest thing for me is that I am really feeling great. My daughter is also doing this and she feels great.  I have tried everything and so far this is really working for me.    Day 18 today!!!!  Snce you are used to low carb it shouldn't be too had for you.. I also drink a lot of herbal tea. follow clean eating, no sugar substitutes . No dairy no gluten

22 hours ago, kacurl said:

Hi Sheri,. I buy my broth, I get it from kettle and fire online. If you buy it make sure it has bones or made from bones in the ngredients. Make sure no sugar or artificial ngredients. I hv gotten some from grocery store. I actually got book from library. Typically I eat 2 eggs for breakfast with fruit and piece of avocado. So a protein a fat and a fruit. Lunch and dinner 1 protein 1 veg 1 fat.  Lunch I have 3 or 4 slices natural ham or turkey or leftovers, approved mayo and asparagus. Dinner steak green beans mb cooked in olive oil.  7pm snack wen fasting can also b a protein with a fat and veg. I do 1 fasting day  all broth. The next a snack, sometimes just a handful of nuts.                The biggest thing for me is that I am really feeling great. My daughter is also doing this and she feels great.  I have tried everything and so far this is really working for me.    Day 18 today!!!!  Snce you are used to low carb it shouldn't be too had for you.. I also drink a lot of herbal tea. follow clean eating, no sugar substitutes . No dairy no gluten

Ok I ordered my Kettle and fire on line yesterday. So 5 days a week I will have 3 clean meals and two Bone broth snacks and 2 days I will have only bone broth and 1 snack a day which consists of a protein, fat and a veggie. Does that sound right??

Thank you for your help,

Sheri

Hey Sheri how did you make out for your first day?  Today is my last on the 21 day diet. I can tell I have lost inches by my pants and will weigh myself tomorrow, fasting today. Tomorrow is my  husband's birthday and  and our tradition is I make corn beef and cabbage. Our friends have been celebrating with us for 30 years.  So besides the dinner, cake ,and Halloween candy I will also also be tempted by the Wine!!!  I can do w/o the cake and candy lol. Then Monday is my birthday so basically I will indulge a little n the next 10 days with 3 days of fastng( hope this will help) and then follow the 21 day plan till Thanksgiving.  

Ok. 21 day bb diet and I am down 11 lbs!!  Feeling great. Little nervous with all the celebrations this week but I will try to stay strong and maybe throw in an extra fasting day.  My goal is 1 to 2 lbs a week. 

• 2 weeks later...