Really Confused

oh2cruise

Good Morning!  I don't post often, but read & search for topics of interest all of the time.  Perhaps the site is not yet fully functional, and hopefully, my problems with it will work themselves out over time.  I am trying to search for a topic within the Celebrity forum, and it brings up threads from everywhere.  And yes, I did select "This Forum".  It also is not finding key words that I know there are multiple threads addressing.  Does anyone have the inside scoop on the search function?  Thanks

• Like 2

I am also having problems with the site.  I tried to sign in  to get information/posts for the Celebrity Constellation and was diverted to Carnival Constellation.  I am unable to access my account information, too.  Also, I can't get to the roll call for Celebrity Constellation August 2019 voyages.  Hey, CruiseCritic--fix the problems.

Really find the new site hard to use, very limiting and seems to be design for phones or tablets. The site is live but many areas seem to not be working. Can no longer look at pages of new posts, etc. They have change so you now see photos which take up lots of space. 

On the old site I could go through 6 or 7 pages of new posts, very easy, now it is much harder.  I hope things change once the site is fully up and working. 

17 minutes ago, peanut head said:

I am also having problems with the site.  I tried to sign in  to get information/posts for the Celebrity Constellation and was diverted to Carnival Constellation.  I am unable to access my account information, too.  Also, I can't get to the roll call for Celebrity Constellation August 2019 voyages.  Hey, CruiseCritic--fix the problems.

The hyperlinks are bad for searching Celebrity ships. They all lead with Carnival instead of Celebrity.  If you manually type Celebrity Constellation it will bring up posts on the Constellation.  

I too, am having problems bringing up the Roll Call for Constellation sailing on 11th November 2018. Would like to post about trips and meet and mingle but cannot access them. Have had a look and followed other posters advice but no luck. Disappointing.

On the Forums List page, click on the "Roll Calls" section, Celebrity Cruises.    When the list comes up, click on the title "Celebrity Constellation Roll Calls", which will bring up the list of roll call dates.   If you click on "FIND my Celebrity Constellation Roll Call" you'll get the "Under Construction" message.     

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

AS an example I believe of what you are writing about, yesterday I went to the Celebrity Summit section of the Celebrity board and kept getting Carnival Ships. 

I had the same problem when going to Celebrity Infinity.  It sent me to Carnival Infinity.

I'd like to know who picked out my signature pic, it's a pic of my 1956 Ford classic pickup truck, has nothing to do with ship type cruising only street type cruising. Wondering how they got that pic to start with, I didn't give it to them.

J.

3 hours ago, Nitgarth said:

I too, am having problems bringing up the Roll Call for Constellation sailing on 11th November 2018. Would like to post about trips and meet and mingle but cannot access them. Have had a look and followed other posters advice but no luck. Disappointing.

Will this help?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2398691-november-11-2018-rome-to-abu-dhabi/

Looks like an indexing problem.  I selected Celebrity Infinity and got  mostly Carnival with a few Infinity then selected Carnival Freedom and got mostly Carnival with some RCL FoS mixed in.  So the search spawned by the Line+Ship join isn't quite working.  I expect this is a huge database(s) and indexing will take time.  If I'm right it will also improve performance.

21 hours ago, Expat Cruise said:

Really find the new site hard to use, very limiting and seems to be design for phones or tablets. The site is live but many areas seem to not be working. Can no longer look at pages of new posts, etc. They have change so you now see photos which take up lots of space. 

On the old site I could go through 6 or 7 pages of new posts, very easy, now it is much harder.  I hope things change once the site is fully up and working. 

Not great for my tablet ( android)..can only upload photos from my phone ( android)  but not the tablet

Have disabled  or turned off many of the new annoyances.. seems it does more than what most folks want or need

Missing the ability to have colored text, change fonts etc.. Can live with it but in my opinion it's a big step backwards! 

On 10/17/2018 at 10:42 AM, jkgourmet said:

Patience is a virtue.  A conversion of this magnitude is a HUGE undertaking.  

Totally agreed. I've heard from many members, and I can understand their frustration... but let's show some love to the Cruise Critic folks ! There has to be a ton of pressure on folks like Laura, the Cruise Critic team, and the Moderators.

Another thought... for some, maybe their frustration IS showing some love. After all, nobody enjoys being deprived of doing something they enjoy so much 😃!  Amirite ? :classic_love:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

Totally agreed. I've heard from many members, and I can understand their frustration... but let's show some love to the Cruise Critic folks ! There has to be a ton of pressure on folks like Laura, the Cruise Critic team, and the Moderators.

Another thought... for some, maybe their frustration IS showing some love. After all, nobody enjoys being deprived of doing something they enjoy so much 😃!  Amirite ? :classic_love:

Very refreshing perspective.

I do hope they get the search functions fixed soon. they were really invaluable to finding things on this massive information source. all i want now are menus to luminae and i can't even freaking find that. frustrating. oh, and trying to read old posts that have all of the forum codes in them, terrible. i can't read anything because it's full of code. i'd love to have my husband's talent with that, but, unfortunately i don't.

Edited by CruisingTheWaves

Would really be nice as CC can see by everyones frustration on their site why not say whats happening and what they are doing to fix it. Why is it a disaster? Maybe someone within the CC managers can let us know what in the world is happening and why such a massive change with such poor results so far.

7 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

It goes back o the old axium. If it an't broke, don't fix it. I don't know of too many people that disliked the old site. Why, for heaven's sake, change it so drastically?

It's easy..."Follow the money"

On 10/18/2018 at 12:19 PM, Andy said:

Amirite?  I think they were trying to sell jewelry made from amirite on our last cruise.

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

Amirite?  I think they were trying to sell jewelry made from amirite on our last cruise.

Yeh, I agree.  But somehow Youarewrong got shipped instead.

That being said, I'm catching onto the new site little by little.