Summit room conundrum

leftyrn

We haven't cruised since 2012. Getting ready to book on the Summit over Thanksgiving... Here is my question:
What would be better C1 aft 9201 or Aqua Class 1136 or 1139 but I think there is no overhang balcony here. Aqua is only $200 more person for entire cruise. I need opinions...Go!

I love the aft cabins and have sailed in 8185, which is right below 9201.  The balconies on the aft are amazing, huge, and there is nothing as mesmerizing as watching the wake....or the dolphins following the ship as you leave port!  We have it booked again for a cruise next year.

The only drawback to 9201 is that you are right under the Oceanview cafe. But I would probably still go for the aft cabin anyway!  So worth it!

Enjoy your trip!

For only $200 per person more I'd opt for Aqua class primarily for the access to Blu. Since the Ocean Liners/Murano restaurants are no longer on any M-class ships we skip specialty dining on those ships and prefer Blu, which still gives you access to the MDR as a change of pace if you feel like it (we never do). I didn't reference your cabin choices for Aqua, but would advise that you double check that they're not under the gym. If you're not familiar with cruisedeckplans.com, it's a good site to check out cabins from all major cruise lines and ships and has the feature that allows you to drag one deck onto another to see exactly what will be above/below you.

On 10/17/2018 at 1:20 PM, leftyrn said:

We haven't cruised since 2012. Getting ready to book on the Summit over Thanksgiving... Here is my question:
What would be better C1 aft 9201 or Aqua Class 1136 or 1139 but I think there is no overhang balcony here. Aqua is only $200 more person for entire cruise. I need opinions...Go!

We are on Summit now in Aqua Class #1141.  Their is an overhang that covers about 1/2 of the balcony.  We haven’t experienced any noise issues from above or the Sunset Bar below. We love Aqua Class.  Service and food in Blu has been excellent.  

On 10/17/2018 at 12:20 PM, leftyrn said:

We have stayed in several aft cabins on Summit decks 7 and 8 and they are absolutely wonderful.  We have never been in Aqua class or stayed on Deck 11 so difficult to make comparisons.  All I can say is the aft cabins are great!

Summit aft wake IMG_1964.jpg

• 11 months later...

This is a very old thread so the poster may not see your question.  We have been in 1136 which is the mirror image of this cabin.  People do let the door slam sometimes, but generally it is not a problem.  The advantage is that the door is very close to the steps up to Oceanview.  It is really handy to get something to eat, carry it down and enjoy on your balcony for lunch since Blu is not open at lunch time.

Thank you!  Yes I knew the thread was old....I was hoping someone would pipe up with a good answer like you did:) the Aft rooms on deck 11 are spoken for which is what I REALLY wanted and this far out may pop up as available but honestly I think I’m diggin’ 1139 that I chose!  Thank you SO much!!!!

How far out is the cruise?  Is it beyond final payment?  We had #1138 booked for 30 days and had to cancel a month before our cruise....sob!  So keep an eye out, you might just be lucky.  Enjoy your cruise. BTW, when we were in #1136, I was sick with a bad bronchitis that was going around the ship, so I was in the room all day and didn't really hear the door slam that much.  Someone put a sign on it to close it quietly.  You could do that too.

A couple of thoughts on those deck 11 aft cabins....

The doors are very heavy and in the wind tend to slip out of your grasp. It's not usually intentional on your fellow passenger's part. What you may also notice is that as the cruise days pass you notice the noise less and others have adjusted to the door issues.

If you have a good TA ask that they request that Celebrity put you on a wait list for one of the afts BUT check often for a vacancy. We've moved to 1130 and 1140 with a little monitoring.