I thought Dogs weren't allowed?

1 minute ago, aring75 said:

At the buffet. The dog is saving the table. Obvs. 😁

Would his owner be considered a table hog or table dog.

I prefer this to the owner sitting at the table while the dog gets the food. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Domino D said:

Would his owner be considered a table hog or table dog.

I prefer this to the owner sitting at the table while the dog gets the food. 

I just want to say I'm glad these boards have "like" buttons now - you guys are funny!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Mikeandliz said:

the ADA need to take control.  And come up with a registry of certified, trained animals.  Just having a BS piece of paper i can get on the internet should NOT be allowed...

Funny part about that is (in the US anyway) you're not allowed to ask for papers. So even if there was a such thing as valid documentation, it wouldn't do any good to have. 

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

We saw a little white furball sitting on a banquette in the Suite Lounge on Oasis.  Only saw said furball in Suite Lounge that one time, not sure where it was when the owner was eating in Coastal Kitchen each night.

At Johnny Rockets?

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Vlad the Impaler said:

Funny part about that is (in the US anyway) you're not allowed to ask for papers. So even if there was a such thing as valid documentation, it wouldn't do any good to have. 

Once there is required valid documentation, then they could ask for it.  I truly feel sorry for those that have a valid need for emotional support animals but are no longer able to use them due to the others abuse.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, cruisefan0110 said:

Once there is required valid documentation, then they could ask for it.  I truly feel sorry for those that have a valid need for emotional support animals but are no longer able to use them due to the others abuse.

Even certified service dogs are not allowed in chairs or in laps. On a leash on the floor or carried while walking. I made a suggestion once before and got negative feedback. I'll make it again. The ONLY way to stop this entitled charade is to make the reaction to it more of a problem than declining passage to an owner. Stand up in dining and LOUDLY protest. Refuse to be seated anywhere within eyesight of a pet. Get others and flood customer service with the same com[plaint. Schedule an appointment with the hotel director and write down the response for future reference. Remember, the ship may not be able to ask for certification, but passengers can. And there are those, and rightfully so, who feel it would embarrassing to an an actual service dog owner. Don't worry, they are easy to recognize. Not in strollers, not dressed up, not defecating in public places, not barking, not seen alone with different adults, and not being available to be pet. Protest. Be more of a pain to RCCI than they are.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, John Reid said:

Even certified service dogs are not allowed in chairs or in laps. On a leash on the floor or carried while walking. I made a suggestion once before and got negative feedback. I'll make it again. The ONLY way to stop this entitled charade is to make the reaction to it more of a problem than declining passage to an owner. Stand up in dining and LOUDLY protest. Refuse to be seated anywhere within eyesight of a pet. Get others and flood customer service with the same com[plaint. Schedule an appointment with the hotel director and write down the response for future reference. Remember, the ship may not be able to ask for certification, but passengers can. And there are those, and rightfully so, who feel it would embarrassing to an an actual service dog owner. Don't worry, they are easy to recognize. Not in strollers, not dressed up, not defecating in public places, not barking, not seen alone with different adults, and not being available to be pet. Protest. Be more of a pain to RCCI than they are.

Standing up in the Suite Lounge and protesting the presence of a dog, owned by a Pinnacle, was not going to get us anywhere.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, John Reid said:

I appreciate your passion, and you are free to do as you wish.  Letting the cruise line know you are not okay with the presence of certain animals is a good way to try and effect change.  

However, I don't think it is wise to "LOUDLY" protest in public areas.  You may find that they see this as a violation of the conduct portion of the cruise ticket.  Just protest calmly, and demand to be relocated.  Likewise, you can not confront another passenger directly, so I wouldn't suggest "asking them for their certification".  You do not have the right to ask another passenger for any form of documentation.  Also, there is no certification required so not having any is not a sign of anything.  

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Standing up in the Suite Lounge and protesting the presence of a dog, owned by a Pinnacle, was not going to get us anywhere.

Agreed, not my problem, but I will say that a number of the questionable dogs I have seen on cruises are with Pinnacle level cruisers.  Again, just my experience, and not  problem for me. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Agreed, not my problem, but I will say that a number of the questionable dogs I have seen on cruises are with Pinnacle level cruisers.  Again, just my experience, and not  problem for me. 

So a Pinnacle on a RCI ship can also let his great-grandchildren go in the pool with diapers on?

• Like 6

I was on the Allure last month and there was a lady pushing a baby carriage around the ship with a small white fur ball.  Then I saw her in the MDR, feeding the dog at her table using a fork, sure did not look like a service dog to me. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JamesEM said:

I was on the Allure last month and there was a lady pushing a baby carriage around the ship with a small white fur ball.  Then I saw her in the MDR, feeding the dog at her table using a fork, sure did not look like a service dog to me. 

Absolutely nauseating. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2