First Unread

skynight

Am I missing something or is there no "View First Unread" option in the new system? In the old system any thread I selected then showed up in red, making it easy to spot. Is this something I have to re-set or something that was part of the CC program.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

The "View first unread" is the button to the left of each thread.

The red thread thing is gone.  A star appears to the left of threads you have commented on.

What if I don't have buttons next to my threads? I got to this page by clicking on my user name > Manage Followed Content. I don't generally go looking for threads other than the roll calls for which I am cruising. So why don't I get any dots? If I click on the name of the thread, it takes me to page one rather than to the last unread post.245627400_ScreenShot2018-10-17at2_56_02PM.thumb.png.8e61c7581612c1965cb1a91a35a7cc7b.png

1 hour ago, lighthousemom said:

I'm logged in....

I switched to Chrome to avoid being asked about Notifications in Edge, so this is new to me. Occasionally I find there are no blue buttons, however if I close and re-open the CC tab the buttons are there. Perhaps an implementation glitch with new site.

18 minutes ago, RLK33853 said:

Agree - not liking the new format at all. 

Also gone is when you clicked on your login on the old format, it told you the last time you logged in.  That information is also no longer there.

If you hover over your screen name you will see when you were here last.  You can also find the information in your profile.

I just discovered if you hover over the title of the thread, a mini-screen will appear that gives the option of "first post" or "latest post", which is not exactly what you were asking about, but it would get you to the end of the thread and not have to go through the whole thing.  

That doesn't work for my roll call threads. There is no blue dot and when I hover over the thread title there is no mini window popup. It works for the main forums but not for my roll calls. It makes getting to the latest post a real pain in the neck.

On 10/17/2018 at 3:16 PM, lighthousemom said:

What if I don't have buttons next to my threads? I got to this page by clicking on my user name > Manage Followed Content. I don't generally go looking for threads other than the roll calls for which I am cruising. So why don't I get any dots? If I click on the name of the thread, it takes me to page one rather than to the last unread post.245627400_ScreenShot2018-10-17at2_56_02PM.thumb.png.8e61c7581612c1965cb1a91a35a7cc7b.png

This form is intended for managing notifications, not browsing content. Likely reason why dots/stars are not present. Try using https://boards.cruisecritic.com/discover/followed-content/ instead.

On 10/19/2018 at 8:47 AM, bluenoser2 said:

I just discovered if you hover over the title of the thread, a mini-screen will appear that gives the option of "first post" or "latest post", which is not exactly what you were asking about, but it would get you to the end of the thread and not have to go through the whole thing.  

Sadly the hover doesn't work for me. Every once in a while I'll get the popup, but rarely.

• Like 1

I don’t not know if this is what people are looking for but after a lot of frustration I found a way to get to my subscribed threads and roll calls and to easily see any new posts for each. I used to click on my CC name and my subscribed threads would show up but now if I do that I can’t tell what’s new and what isn’t. So…

At the top of the page you should see Forums, Gallery, and Activity. Click on “Activity.“ Then click on “My Activity Streams.” If you are looking for threads you have subscribed to click on “Content I Follow.” That should bring up any threads you were subscribed to before the change. Every new post is listed separately which seems like a waste of space but at least you can find anything that has been added since the last time you looked at the thread. I don’t know if this is what people are looking for but I hope it helps. 

Setting up Activity Streams seems to help. I did a test stream and then added my roll calls to it. When that is setup I had options at the top to change various things and one option was to go to the first unread post. It works. I agree that listing each new post separately is a crazy waste of space but it's better than any other way I have found so far.

Like others, I used to go to the user profile and it listed my subscribed threads - if there was new content. That meant I saw if there were any new posts to my roll calls, etc. and it also listed the main Princess forum. I truly miss the ease of that operation. With the activity stream I see every post that is new content for my stream (why???) and it doesn't include the main Princess forum.

I'll have to keep playing with things but, so far, it's a lot more hassle for a less useful outcome. I notice the "bold" option doesn't really make anything bold if italics is also selected.

Bold

Bold with underline

Bold with italics - notice that it is not actually bold

Bold with italics and underline - again, it's not bold when italics are used

Edited by Thrak