Internet and number of devices question

Akaicb

Hello, 

I tried to use the search to find this info but I think they are still working on getting the search function working properly.

My question is regarding internet package and number of devices.  I have never had a internet package on ship and I am a newly Platinum member.  I have read that it is best not to pre-purchase a package and to upgrade your free minutes when you login.  

My question is does that mean the internet I'm paying for is only available under the id I setup and can it only be used on one device at a time?  So if I'm logged in on my phone and want to switch to my ipad, I would need to log off my phone and then login on my ipad, is this correct?

I guess I'm wondering if only one device can be logged in at a time or is their multi device packages available?

Thanks,

Kim

I agree with everyone...on our last cruise I had forgotten to log off my phone and went to do something on my ipad and it said I was already logged on...but then right below was a button to click that said something like "log other device off" I clicked that and it allowed me to log on with the device I had with me....later that night when I went back to the room I did the same thing to get it back on my phone...:classic_smile:

44 minutes ago, BigGuy25 said:

Yes, you can use as many devices as you’d like .... BUT ... only one can be signed in at a time.  You need to log one device off before you log the other one on.

people have posted if you try to log on ... and someone else is also logged on.. on the same account, it will kick them off automatically (maybe not atomatically per the above post).  might be fine if a kid is burning minutes...but...if it's your "other" that's kicked off... well..

Edited by voljeep

33 minutes ago, voljeep said:

people have posted if you try to log on ... and someone else is also logged on.. on the same account, it will kick them off automatically (maybe not atomatically per the above post).  might be fine if a kid is burning minutes...but...if it's your "other" that's kicked off... well..

That wasn’t my experience.  When I tried to sign on to unlimited internet (on our recent Transatlantic) from a device when another device was already signed-in I simply got a message telling me that “another device is already signed on to this account.”

9 minutes ago, BigGuy25 said:

That wasn’t my experience.  When I tried to sign on to unlimited internet (on our recent Transatlantic) from a device when another device was already signed-in I simply got a message telling me that “another device is already signed on to this account.”

I agree, this is what we experienced too.

I do not believe so and certainly not tried it.  Every internet device in the world has a unique digital number assigned to it by the manufacturer.  Their internet router will recognize that you are trying to create a hotspot and block it. 

On 10/17/2018 at 3:31 PM, Akaicb said:

Hello, 

I tried to use the search to find this info but I think they are still working on getting the search function working properly.

My question is regarding internet package and number of devices.  I have never had a internet package on ship and I am a newly Platinum member.  I have read that it is best not to pre-purchase a package and to upgrade your free minutes when you login.  

My question is does that mean the internet I'm paying for is only available under the id I setup and can it only be used on one device at a time?  So if I'm logged in on my phone and want to switch to my ipad, I would need to log off my phone and then login on my ipad, is this correct?

I guess I'm wondering if only one device can be logged in at a time or is their multi device packages available?

Thanks,

Kim

Yes, if you want to change your free minutes and use an unlimited package you must do this on the ship.

On 10/17/2018 at 5:13 PM, cruzrbachoua said:

I agree with everyone...on our last cruise I had forgotten to log off my phone and went to do something on my ipad and it said I was already logged on...but then right below was a button to click that said something like "log other device off" I clicked that and it allowed me to log on with the device I had with me....later that night when I went back to the room I did the same thing to get it back on my phone...:classic_smile:

This is great to know, thanks for passing this info along.

Thanks everyone for the info.

I will try the setting up a hotspot to see if that works, if not then having only one person logged in at a time will be fine.  It's just so that we can check in with my Dad and our dog sitters.