Another New Orleans park and cruise question

papadon2000

Greetings all. Looking forward to my first NCL cruise. And my first solo cruise!
This site is rather difficult to search, but does anyone know any decent/safe park and cruise places? Fulton garage charges $15/day during the time I'm cruising, so that makes it $122 for the week. If I can spend about that for a hotel and park there, that'd make it easier (otherwise I'd be driving Saturday night through Sunday to get to NO).
Travelodge by Wyndham in Harvey offers a snooze n cruise package for $120, which also apparently includes transportation to/from the port, so that might be a good way to go if I end up staying in NOLA overnight before the cruise...

As far as other parking, has anyone had any luck with the Lot on Baronne St.? It's $58 for the week, and less than a mile from the port. It's not necessarily a secure lot, however, as I understand Fulton would be.

6 minutes ago, GomezAddams said:

We've always stayed at the Metairie Holiday Inn and used their park and cruise option. You get a couple of free drinks as well as parking and shuttle.

They don't do a very good job of advertising it. I can't find anything about it on their website.

26 minutes ago, GomezAddams said:

We've always stayed at the Metairie Holiday Inn and used their park and cruise option. You get a couple of free drinks as well as parking and shuttle.

I don't think they have it anymore. You can find it by googling for it but when you click to book it...it takes you to an "offers" page that doesn't have a park n cruise option.

Edited by Saint Greg

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2018 at 1:14 PM, Saint Greg said:

I don't think they have it anymore. You can find it by googling for it but when you click to book it...it takes you to an "offers" page that doesn't have a park n cruise option.

I called the reservations number and they had it.  Free breakfast for 2 and kids under 12 two free cocktails and parking for 10 days for 144/night.  Only thing is you have to find a way to and from the port.  I think its 7 miles away.  Not terrible

38 minutes ago, rloduca said:

I called the reservations number and they had it.  Free breakfast for 2 and kids under 12 two free cocktails and parking for 10 days for 144/night.  Only thing is you have to find a way to and from the port.  I think its 7 miles away.  Not terrible

Good to know. They need to put it on their website. I haven’t called to book a hotel in 15 years. So that’s $5 less than country inn and suites. Don’t think country inn and suites has the cocktails but it has parking, breakfast and a ride to the port ( not back though). Looks like a $20 lyft/Uber back. $20 uber/lyft each way on the holiday inn.