Quite Possibly a Tacky Question, But.....

Paul Bradley

So I was reading an article earlier about what people take from an airliner at the end of their flight and, basically, people feel they can take anything that isn't nailed down - and then some..... That got me thinking and my question as a newbie RSS cruiser - I don't want to take 'anything that isn't nailed down', and i certainly don't want to get into trouble, but which of the cabin amenities is complimentary and is considered OK to take home at the end of the cruise? The toiletries? The personalized stationary? What, if anything, else? BTW, we have a penthouse suite for our upcoming cruise. 

If you have a Penthouse you can take the men's shaving kit as well as the contents of the amenities box in the sitting area - it has items such as SHOUT towelettes, a purse hanger for the table, lip balm & hand cream, a little sewing kit, and my favorite - a tiny stuffed teddy bear.  <We have quadruplets now>

Also the slippers <but leave the bathrobe> and any soaps/lotions/shampoo that may be left in your bathroom

Edited by Kwaj girl

The problem with the lotions and shampoos is that they tend to leak if you are flying home.  Pack a few zip lock bags even for your own personal items.  We had one suitcase disaster several years ago with leakage and ruined a couple of blouses.  We don’t bother taking toiletries off the ship anymore or leftover booze as it becomes too cumbersome and if you can afford a luxury cruise you can buy these items at home.  JMHO

• Like 1

The Regent beach bags that are given to passengers in Concierge and above suites can be taken home.  We have been given so many of them that we give them to someone that didn't receive one.  There are also items in the top suites that you can take home (Regent caps, backpack, water bottles, etc.). 

As I say, quite possibly a tacky question....! :classic_wink:  Some interesting answers - thanks for your replies and opinions! I do like the small teddy bear - my daughter will get a kick out of that!

This is very likely our first and only luxury cruise, as it isn't something we can normally afford. We would like some sort of small memento of the trip, something distinctly RSS, and if that's part of the cabin's take away amenities, then we're all good. I still use my 10-year-old British Airways business class toiletries bag on all my trips - a neat little souvenir that's practical as well. 

I've never used those brands of toiletries before, so it'll be interesting to see if we like them. 

1 hour ago, Paul Bradley said:

As I say, quite possibly a tacky question....! :classic_wink:  Some interesting answers - thanks for your replies and opinions! I do like the small teddy bear - my daughter will get a kick out of that!

This is very likely our first and only luxury cruise, as it isn't something we can normally afford. We would like some sort of small memento of the trip, something distinctly RSS, and if that's part of the cabin's take away amenities, then we're all good. I still use my 10-year-old British Airways business class toiletries bag on all my trips - a neat little souvenir that's practical as well. 

I've never used those brands of toiletries before, so it'll be interesting to see if we like them. 

Yes - the teddy bear is adorable.  We purchased a slightly larger "Regent" bear in the Boutique with on board credits and put a seat belt around it on our flight out of wherever we were (Some Business Class within Europe have three seats across).  She/he was the hit of the flight!

My husband saves toiletry bags from airlines too!

P.S.  I wouldn't necessarily say that this is your first and only luxury cruise.  You never know (I said this before out first Regent cruise) - we didn't even think that we'd like cruising and definitely did not want to spend so much money on vacations........ now - 31 cruises later, we are still cruising Regent.

Edited by Travelcat2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kwaj girl said:

TC2 -. We also purchased 2 bears in the shop- one with a blue shirt and one with a pink shirt.... Ricky and Rhonda Regent... 🐻

Had to smile about your post.  I gave my grandson our bear but may purchase one or two more ....... I think that our kitties would like them.  🐢 (not sure why there are no at emojis).

You guys are too funny! I think teddy bears and slippers will be our little souvenirs! 

We've done one cruise in the past, a Princess cruise, and we enjoyed that. But this trip is special - our 25th anniversary, and our daughter's HS graduation. It's way beyond what our normal budget would be, but, as I say, this is a special occasion. I am certain we'll have a wonderful time and we are all raring to go. We booked our shore excursions on Sunday night - there are some great experiences in store there - and we've been drooling over the sample menus at the restaurants. An Alaska cruise is something we've wanted to do for a long time, so this will be a trip to savour. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

My husband saves toiletry bags from airlines too!

I have a few - the BA one is my main travel toiletries bag, while I have smaller ones for use at work, and for day/weekend trips. The good quality Business/First Class ones will last a long time. I also have a couple of Swiss Air commemorative tins, which are useful little storage boxes. They are all nice reminders of trips past. 

I was checking out of a hotel once and had a kiteboard, which is similar to a snowboard, in a flat bag that was made for the board. 

The hotel desk people gave the bag an odd look and I replied.... "Everyone else is stealing the shampoo and toilet paper...I've got the ironing board!"

:-P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skysurfr said:

I was checking out of a hotel once and had a kiteboard, which is similar to a snowboard, in a flat bag that was made for the board. 

The hotel desk people gave the bag an odd look and I replied.... "Everyone else is stealing the shampoo and toilet paper...I've got the ironing board!"

:-P

🤣 😁

If you want some "Regent swag" as a memento of your cruise, you may want to consider earning "Regent points" throughout the cruise which can be traded in at the end for Regent prizes, such as baseball hats, shirts, travel umbrella, mugs, etc. Sometimes they also have items which are limited and not normally available. One of my favorite items has been a tote bag which I use everyday, it is the perfect size, plenty of pockets and is comfortable to carry. It is made of a very heavy canvas, almost like an LL Bean bag. Also have a Regent suitcase strap which is very high quality.

You can earn points a number of different ways, such as playing trivia or participating in games on sea days.

The Regent pen that is available in the room (and from reception) is actually a very nice pen, it has a good weight and writes very smoothly - I am somewhat of a "pen snob" in that I am left handed and still do many things long hand so the comfort of the pen is as important as the ink flow.

On another note regarding airline amenities, BA first class now has Liberty of London amenity bags which are really nice and the perfect size - the pattern on the ladies kit changes every few month so some have become quite sought after. Kudos to the designer because it is one amenity kit I look forward to receiving because it is so nice.

gnomie :classic_smile:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gnomie1 said:

If you want some "Regent swag" as a memento of your cruise, you may want to consider earning "Regent points" throughout the cruise which can be traded in at the end for Regent prizes, such as baseball hats, shirts, travel umbrella, mugs, etc. Sometimes they also have items which are limited and not normally available. One of my favorite items has been a tote bag which I use everyday, it is the perfect size, plenty of pockets and is comfortable to carry. It is made of a very heavy canvas, almost like an LL Bean bag. Also have a Regent suitcase strap which is very high quality.

You can earn points a number of different ways, such as playing trivia or participating in games on sea days.

The Regent pen that is available in the room (and from reception) is actually a very nice pen, it has a good weight and writes very smoothly - I am somewhat of a "pen snob" in that I am left handed and still do many things long hand so the comfort of the pen is as important as the ink flow.

On another note regarding airline amenities, BA first class now has Liberty of London amenity bags which are really nice and the perfect size - the pattern on the ladies kit changes every few month so some have become quite sought after. Kudos to the designer because it is one amenity kit I look forward to receiving because it is so nice.

gnomie :classic_smile:

Regent Points have provided us with many items that we use frequently—hats, good long sleeve tees, travel umbrella that has gone with us to lots of interesting places, etc. Plus, it is really fun to earn them through various onboard games, like trivia, shuffleboard, golf putting, etc. Our Regent travel umbrella recently went to the Chihully exhibit at the Biltmore in Asheville, NC.

0BDF3BBD-4D82-4122-AD65-EFC28009FE9F.jpeg

• Like 1

When we flew back from BA to Switzerland after our Latin American cruise we were on Air France.  Their toiletry bag was very nice - so we saved them.   And lo!  Turned out to be the perfect size and shape to hold our GPS when we travel and plan to rent cars...  we are always grateful to Air France for the bags.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I was also going to mention the Regent points - we scored some cool goodies on our last cruise.

If I recall, there's a list of things in your room that have a dollar value assigned if you take them with you, such as the robes, bedding, etc. (seriously).  So I guess technically you can take pretty much anything you want but there'll be a cost for it!   :classic_biggrin:

We've collected some pens, personalized stationery, and one of the teddy bears, I think.  Frankly I have enough clutter in my house that the less I bring home, the better.  That's what happens after a few rounds of downsizing.