MSC Website

grifflee

I was on an MSC cruise about 7 years ago to the Baltic.  Although the cruise was great, the website was in shambles, was down all the time, and it was difficult to get the needed information online for check-in.  I am now booked on another MSC cruise in January, booked about a month ago.  They are still having the same problems!  The website is constantly down and after 3 phone calls, I finally asked the representative if this was a constant problem.  She confirmed that yes it was, whenever they updated the website things never worked and it would take long periods of time to fix the bugs.  This is very frustrating and I'm not sure I will ever book another cruise with them.  If they can't even get this right, how can they run a ship efficiently?

I haven't been on an MSC cruise yet, but am getting concerned. Our discounts keep "falling off" our reservation. We both have black card status and this is becoming pretty frustrating.  Now, they claim to have lost my black card status and want me to resubmit.  The poor customer service folks must be so frazzled.

I have a cruise booked for next Oct.  I was really excited to book it, but I may cancel because of the website.  I transferred to a TA, and if I can't get any information, and the TA has to call them, well, based on hold times it won't be a happy TA.

There are a lot of other cruises/cruise lines out there....and there is no excuse for their awful website.

(The other reason is that it's to Canada....and Oct is just too cold to go north.)

The cruise side bears no resemblance to the land side! Thankfully. Until the power mongers in MSC release their hold on the reigns the website and landside offices will never improve. I read this weak on another forum from a cruiser booked for a 7 night cruise from Venice next year, they had received an email from MSC saying the cruise was now 3 nights and that was it! no offer of a refund if they wanted to cancel or anything. Organisation and Customer Service is not their forte. The owners and management have never read the book "how to win friends and influence people" meanwhile they continue to crow about how big their order book is and their new builds.

15 hours ago, grifflee said:

I was on an MSC cruise about 7 years ago to the Baltic.  Although the cruise was great, the website was in shambles, was down all the time, and it was difficult to get the needed information online for check-in.  I am now booked on another MSC cruise in January, booked about a month ago.  They are still having the same problems!  The website is constantly down and after 3 phone calls, I finally asked the representative if this was a constant problem.  She confirmed that yes it was, whenever they updated the website things never worked and it would take long periods of time to fix the bugs.  This is very frustrating and I'm not sure I will ever book another cruise with them.  If they can't even get this right, how can they run a ship efficiently?

I'm in agreement with you that their website seems to be wonky, I personally have had great luck with it but many others have not. Having said that, I don't think it's fair to assume that a bad website = an inept company. For one thing, the people managing the website are not the same ones piloting the ship, serving you drinks, preparing your food, performing the shows, etc. What I'd recommend is that you consider getting a travel agent. Mine does all of the work for me and he finds us great deals, as well. Travel should be fun, no need getting frustrated with inconsistent websites. :-)

I am having same problems, I have a cruise booked for Jan and have an account registered. However when I try to log in the website now says that there is no booking registered under my email address so I can't access the information or request a password reset. 

How do you pay your balance due when you can't access the booking information?

Hi-

News flash, internet, computers, technology, etc might/can be frustrating...1st world issues for sure.

MSC provides an awesome value, which I have experienced 3 times this year. I use their website with ios (iPad and Safari)...minimal issues and always successful, even if the UI and the logic behind it is less than typical for usa expectations.

Just like their usa call center in Fla; do not call at peak times...do not hold for more than 5 minutes before you speak to a human...just call back at another time...no issues and the csr’s are very friendly and helpful.

If you love a great value, awesome cruise experience, and diverse mix of passengers/cultures...MSC is a great choice.

Complain about traffic, weather, elevators, phone holds, and technology...if you wish...I’m choose to plan/book another cruise.

Cheers, enjoy the cruise of your choice!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, grifflee said:

Web is working perfectly fine . no one force you to book with MSC . 

37 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

Web is working perfectly fine . no one force you to book with MSC . 

Maybe fine for you, but not for me.  I tried on multiple devices.  Anyway, I just called MSC and go thru within a minute.  The rep said "there are known errors when they updated last week for those using TAs."  She passed on my info and said it would be updated within a week.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sfaaa said:

I keep waiting for my outstanding unpaid balance to fall off my MSC account so I can get a free cruise. Hasn't happened yet but one can always hope.

I'd love this fault to occur on the website too :classic_biggrin:

Although I've experienced a few gliches with the website, I've generally found it no worse than others I use in general. One thing I noted from using the FloatAway Lounge last week, there are a lot of cruisers complaining about cruise company websites, it is certainly not something exclusive to MSC.

Hello NZ Friend-

You make a good point about generalizing.

Since it is ‘not working for you’, are you using the call center or a TA to book and or make changes?

Let’ s take a logical look at this website ‘reported issues’:

MSC is a business and like most businesses today, they understand the huge benefit to having customers selfserve online. MSC’s website, like all large e-commerce sites have tons of performance metrics/data that is collected from all interactions. Every success and failure is detailed, analyzed, reported, and addressed as the data deems is a business priority.

The ships are cruising at capacity or near capacity and 10,000’s of passengers are on MSC ships every second of everyday...so folks are booking successfully with the website, call centers, or TAs...use what works for you.

I have successfully used a combination of those 3 with MSC and enjoyed each cruise.

Cheers, enjoy the cruise of your choosing!

Yes, their website has been a hit or miss lately, more miss than hit.  For about 10 days I couldn't even login to view any details of my booking.  They have yet to add my OBC for each room for being voyager silver status and each time I call it is quite a wait time.  I am still very excited though.  49 days til we fly to Miami!

I have no trouble accessing or using the website. My problem is my discounts "falling off" my reservation (that is the phrase the MSC customer service agents use.) I have about eight different reservations with different prices for this one cruise and am told it needs to be resolved at corporate in Italy. The exasperated and kindly agents assure me that corporate will get it all worked out before my final payment. My issues appear to be a common occurrence. 

I may cancel another booking with MSC if this is not resolved. 

Hi we are sailing on Meraviglia in January and we luckily have had no problems, we have all our documents and printed everything that we need but I must admit taking our photos was hit and miss we just need to pack can’t wait to board, janice

25 minutes ago, Mrearl said:

Do you have to take your picture on the web site. Or can you do it at the dock   When are you suppose to take you picture 

Only once out of four times have I successfully uploaded a picture at online check in.  It doesn't seem to make any difference, I just skip it now.  It's done again at the pier check in anyway.

20 hours ago, NMsunset said:

Hello NZ Friend-

You make a good point about generalizing.

Since it is ‘not working for you’, are you using the call center or a TA to book and or make changes?

Let’ s take a logical look at this website ‘reported issues’:

MSC is a business and like most businesses today, they understand the huge benefit to having customers selfserve online. MSC’s website, like all large e-commerce sites have tons of performance metrics/data that is collected from all interactions. Every success and failure is detailed, analyzed, reported, and addressed as the data deems is a business priority.

The ships are cruising at capacity or near capacity and 10,000’s of passengers are on MSC ships every second of everyday...so folks are booking successfully with the website, call centers, or TAs...use what works for you.

I have successfully used a combination of those 3 with MSC and enjoyed each cruise.

Cheers, enjoy the cruise of your choosing!

Hi NMsunset, I booked our b2b cruises using a TA back in May. Our bookings duly appeared when I logged into MSC website, but for the last 2 months when I log in it tells me I have no upcoming cruises and doesn't recognise my booking numbers. Luckily my TA has been in touch with them and confirmed our bookings. MSC called me and admitted they are having website issues which will be resolved by the end of the month. I wouldn't book a cruise unless it was through a travel agent for peace of mind. I'm confident all will be fine when we travel. :classic_biggrin:

11 hours ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

what is not working? what you can not do? 

I cannot see my bookings when I log in, so can't book shore excursions or internet package, etc. MSC have admitted to me they are having issues with their website, though it obviously doesn't affect everyone.