AMA Final Cruise Documentd

katz

This will be our first AMA river cruise, which starts in about a month.  Will we be receiving information, including luggage tags?   If so, when can we expect them?

Thank you for your help.

1 hour ago, katz said:

This will be our first AMA river cruise, which starts in about a month.  Will we be receiving information, including luggage tags?   If so, when can we expect them?

Thank you for your help.

You will be receiving a booklet giving you information about your cruise and shore excursions plus your luggage tags. This arrives in a nice wallet that's big enough to hold your documents. There is also a travel book on the area you will be travelling to. You'll get this about 3 or so weeks before your cruise. Enjoy your cruise!

If you are used to ocean cruises, let me reassure you that on a river cruise the documents and luggage tags are much less necessary.  When you arrive at the rivership, they will know your name and your cabin.  Someone(s) will grab all your bags on the wharf and whisk them to the ship, where they will appear in your cabin in much less time than on an ocean ship.

• Like 1

Totally agree with the answers you've gotten so far.... just back from AMA cruise on the Seine... terrific.

Their greatest feature was their flexibility..... arrival.... they say 3 p.m..... we got there at 11, they took our bags, we munched on some lovely foods, used the restroom, regrouped, and went out to visit the nearby area... returned at 1, room already prepared for us....    Departure.... same flexibility..... we were staying on, but not with AMA..... couldn't be nicer.... they fed us, let us stay in the lounge and on the sundeck until traffic died down at 10 a.m.   Nothing but praise for them....

You will enjoy your trip....

www.parisandnormandy.wordpress.com

I posted photos and notes of our trip.... feel free to check it out...

4 hours ago, wildcatginny said:

Totally agree with the answers you've gotten so far.... just back from AMA cruise on the Seine... terrific.

Their greatest feature was their flexibility..... arrival.... they say 3 p.m..... we got there at 11, they took our bags, we munched on some lovely foods, used the restroom, regrouped, and went out to visit the nearby area... returned at 1, room already prepared for us....    Departure.... same flexibility..... we were staying on, but not with AMA..... couldn't be nicer.... they fed us, let us stay in the lounge and on the sundeck until traffic died down at 10 a.m.   Nothing but praise for them....

You will enjoy your trip....

www.parisandnormandy.wordpress.com

I posted photos and notes of our trip.... feel free to check it out...

We are looking at AMA for our first river cruise and have loved the customer service thus far!  I love to hear about the flexibility but wonder if this will be true in busy season? (June)  Any idea? 

1 hour ago, wildcatginny said:

Don't really know, but it seemed to be a completely full cruise, so I don't think the flexibility would be impacted by whether it is busy season or not....

Very good point- I didn't think of it that way!  Thank you! 

Thanks, everyone, for your responses. This will be our fourth river cruise. The others were with Viking.  AMA had the best itinerary, IMO, for my bucket list Christmas Market Cruise.