Athens, Santorini and Mykanos Tour Operators

kuddles14

We will be doing a Greek Isles cruises. We are starting to look into private tour operators.  Looking for tour operators in Athens, Santorini and Mykonos.

I heard that we can do Mykonos on our own. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Kathy

Mykonos and possibility Santorini, can be done on your own. If you want a tour in Santorini, I would recommend visiting the Village of Oia https://www.greeka.com/cyclades/santorini/santorini-villages/santorini-oia.htm.

One of the absolute best tour companies in Athens is PKTravel by www.pktravelgreece.com. I have used them numerous times in Greece.  Email Potoula at PK pktravel_greece@hotmail.com (place an underscore between pktravel and greece).

Here is a video of the Athens tour!

Ron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch93SAWTYqk&t=52s

• Like 2

Lots of posts on this board about doing Santorini on your own.  There are two competing companies just down form where your tender will drop you off that, for 15 Euros each, will transport you via boat to the other end of the island and shuttle you to Fira.  Tour Fira on your own (great views! :classic_cool:) then catch the included bus from Fira to Oia - tour Oia on your own and then either walk down the steps (takes about 30 min), ride the donkeys (yuck!) or pay another 6 Euros for the cable car. All three options will get you back to where you catch your tender boat to your ship.

Have a great cruise! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cruzer Two said:

Mykonos and possibility Santorini, can be done on your own. If you want a tour in Santorini, I would recommend visiting the Village of Oia https://www.greeka.com/cyclades/santorini/santorini-villages/santorini-oia.htm.

One of the absolute best tour companies in Athens is PKTravel by www.pktravelgreece.com. I have used them numerous times in Greece.  Email Potoula at PK pktravel_greece@hotmail.com (place an underscore between pktravel and greece).

Here is a video of the Athens tour!

Ron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch93SAWTYqk&t=52s

Viewed your video. That looked amazing. Did you book with them for just  you or did you post on your roll call?

5 hours ago, kuddles14 said:

Viewed your video. That looked amazing. Did you book with them for just  you or did you post on your roll call?

We did this tour in February with a group of 16 of our friends on the same cruise. My wife took the same exact tour several months later with just our daughter-in-law and 3 granddaughters, so they only had 5 people in the group.  PKTravel has all sorts of different vehicles and can accommodate any size group.

Ron 

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:58 AM, JohninDC said:

Lots of posts on this board about doing Santorini on your own.  There are two competing companies just down form where your tender will drop you off that, for 15 Euros each, will transport you via boat to the other end of the island and shuttle you to Fira.  Tour Fira on your own (great views! :classic_cool:) then catch the included bus from Fira to Oia - tour Oia on your own and then either walk down the steps (takes about 30 min), ride the donkeys (yuck!) or pay another 6 Euros for the cable car. All three options will get you back to where you catch your tender boat to your ship.

This is what we are planning to do in April. But I think you got the names of the towns reversed? Tender drops below Fira, boat to Oia, then bus to Fira and cable car down to tender. Is that right or am I getting confused? lol.

Tony

We just got back from our cruise last week.

I agree with PK Travel for Athens. They were amazing to deal with - so professional. And our guide Michael was incredible. It actually turned out to be one of the best days of the cruise because of him - which we didn't expect! We had both a driver and a guide.

We used privatesantorinitours (dot) com for our Santorini tour and we were happy with them as well. We only had a driver and he did some "guiding" but not as much. We found in general with all the tours we did (which were all small group, privately arranged with other cruise critic members) when we got a driver, they didn't really say much. It was hit and miss. I think it would have been better to have a dedicated guide as well as the driver.

We did Mykonos on our own. We just explored the town and then took a public bus out to Platys Gialis beach - that was a bit rushed though because we left it a bit late. We still had an hour to sit by the beach though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, disneykins said:

This is what we are planning to do in April. But I think you got the names of the towns reversed? Tender drops below Fira, boat to Oia, then bus to Fira and cable car down to tender. Is that right or am I getting confused? lol.

Tony

Tony - good catch!  You are correct and I promise to not post again until after my second cup of coffee

• Haha 1

Daughter & I are seriously looking into visiting Greece for the first time and looking at Oct of 2020 following our Southern Caribbean cruise. We both are more into the history and culture then spending time on the beach. If these stops are still offered I am undecided which one of these two itineraries we might like over the other one.

Cruise # 1  ( Cruise 2 switches out Crete & Rhodes for Sciliy & Valletta all the rest are the same stops. ) Thank you.

Rome

Sicily

Valletta

Mykonos

Santorini

Athens

Naples

Rome

• 2 months later...
On 11/4/2018 at 10:30 AM, Desert Cruizers said:

Daughter & I are seriously looking into visiting Greece for the first time and looking at Oct of 2020 following our Southern Caribbean cruise. We both are more into the history and culture then spending time on the beach. If these stops are still offered I am undecided which one of these two itineraries we might like over the other one.

Cruise # 1  ( Cruise 2 switches out Crete & Rhodes for Sciliy & Valletta all the rest are the same stops. ) Thank you.

Rome

Sicily

Valletta

Mykonos

Santorini

Athens

Naples

Rome

Will be doing an 11 day cruise in May through Norwegian that includes all of Cruise #1 AND Crete and Rhodes.  In case you are interested in not having to decide.

• 2 months later...
On 10/19/2018 at 5:58 AM, JohninDC said:

Do you happen to remember the name of those 2 companies? 

I would like to see if we are still on time to make a reservation for our upcoming June cruise.

15 hours ago, NayaSantaFe said:

Do you happen to remember the name of those 2 companies? 

I would like to see if we are still on time to make a reservation for our upcoming June cruise.

Hi,

Yes, I would like to know the names of the companies as well for April 2020!

Thanks.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:17 AM, aberthelot said:

Hi,

Yes, I would like to know the names of the companies as well for April 2020!

Thanks.

I booked PK Travel for Athens in July - So thank you for that tip!

As far as Santorini - One of the companies is Aegean Traveller Santorini - I am looking at booking them for Boat/bus/Winery for 30 Euro each - If you want Boat/bus transfers..it is 15 Euro each.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 8:40 PM, dreamcz said:

I booked PK Travel for Athens in July - So thank you for that tip!

As far as Santorini - One of the companies is Aegean Traveller Santorini - I am looking at booking them for Boat/bus/Winery for 30 Euro each - If you want Boat/bus transfers..it is 15 Euro each.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:58 AM, JohninDC said:

Do we need to prebook this or will we be able to get it on the spot?  Thank you!

2 hours ago, jvz said:

Do we need to prebook this or will we be able to get it on the spot?  Thank you!

Nope.  Show up, see which one looks like will have a boat leaving next, and buy your tickets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2018 at 9:58 PM, JohninDC said:

Great info thank you.