Fax number for CCL shareholder obc

royal65

Send your fax to World Cruise Reservations at (206) 270-6080.  The regular voice number is (800) 522-3399.  If you want email confirmation that the OBC has been applied, specifically request confirmation and give your email address.

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2018 at 11:06 AM, wyobean said:

I always email mine.

CCL instructions are "fax or snail mail".  If email works...great.  

Many here use a free fax service like faxzero.com which takes a couple of mouse clicks more than email.

Edited by thinfool

On 12/1/2018 at 11:06 AM, wyobean said:

I always email mine.

Just curious, when you choose to e-mail your shareholder OBC request (and thus not follow HAL's instructions to FAX or snail mail it), do you expect that HAL should/will accept your request the same as those from people who do follow the instructions? 

On 12/1/2018 at 8:10 AM, VermeulT said:

Can I email it in?

You certainly "can" e-mail it in but that begs the question of why you think HAL's FAX or-snail mail instructions should not or do not apply to you. Again, just curious.

I have always emailed mine (about 5 yrs) based on a post here on cruise critic. I have honestly never read the ‘instructions“. There was a post about buying the stock and the person posted an email address that they use. That is how I have done it since we bought the stock. I have cruised every year and never had a problem. I also email the request when I am cruising on CCL. Both answer me within a day. Not trying to defy the rules as you are indicating.

20 minutes ago, wyobean said:

I have always emailed mine (about 5 yrs) based on a post here on cruise critic. I have honestly never read the ‘instructions“. There was a post about buying the stock and the person posted an email address that they use. That is how I have done it since we bought the stock. I have cruised every year and never had a problem. I also email the request when I am cruising on CCL. Both answer me within a day. Not trying to defy the rules as you are indicating.

For a while all Carnival Lines did accept emails for requesting Stock Credit. Then a couple of years ago several viruses appeared attached to PDF files, the common format people used to apply for the credit. At that point it was requested that all requests be made by fax or snail mail. I don't think any of the lines fully implemented the ban, but it is in the documentation about requesting the credit.

Please provide by fax or by mail your complete legal name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your brokerage account number blacked out) no later than 3 weeks prior to your sail date to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected below.

Edited by richwmn

2 hours ago, wyobean said:

... I have honestly never read the ‘instructions“... Not trying to defy the rules as you are indicating.

Attached is a copy of the Carnival Corporation "instructions" for requesting the shareholder OBC.  (NB first sentence of the third paragraph.) If you are aware of the "instructions" but choose not to follow them, by definition you are defying the rules!

2018-19 CCL Shareholder Benefit.pdf

On 12/4/2018 at 10:44 AM, avian777 said:

Just curious, when you choose to e-mail your shareholder OBC request (and thus not follow HAL's instructions to FAX or snail mail it), do you expect that HAL should/will accept your request the same as those from people who do follow the instructions? 

You certainly "can" e-mail it in but that begs the question of why you think HAL's FAX or-snail mail instructions should not or do not apply to you. Again, just curious.

not all of us have access to a fax.  And booked by cruise 10 days ago (the cruise is in 30 days) so I wouldn't trust snail mail to get there and processed in time.

FYI - I emailed it to guest relations @ hal and got a reply in less than 24 hours that my OBC was applied.

On 12/4/2018 at 7:09 PM, wyobean said:

Omg....then I guess I don’t follow the rules. If they didn’t want me to email then I am sure they would not accept my request. So put me in Time-out...good grief...I was just answering a question. 

It’s okay @wyobean, I’m a rebel too. I assumed that the World Cruise Reservations document had old information, considering today’s high-speed connected pace, so I emailed my first-ever Shareholder OBC submission just last week. 

Took less than 10 min. to send & receive reply. No harm, no foul. 

My bad. I guess I’m in timeout with you. 😉 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, 4everOrcruiser said:

I recently reserved a cruise for Feb. 2, 2020. Can I request the shareholder benefit now or should I wait? 

We generally send it in a month or so out. I think the statement has to be fairly recent, maybe within the quarter since you are providing proof you still own the stock.

We let it slip up on us this year and sent it in yesterday for cruise in less than 2 weeks. It was applied by this am when I checked. That's fast service!!

Edited by fatcat04

3 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

We generally send it in a month or so out. I think the statement has to be fairly recent, maybe within the quarter since you are providing proof you still own the stock.

We let it slip up on us this year and sent it in yesterday for cruise in less than 2 weeks. It was applied by this am when I checked. That's fast service!!

Officially, they want it in (fax or mail) no later than 3 weeks before your departure

On 12/5/2018 at 10:18 PM, avian777 said:

Everyone who has access to the internet has access to FAX capability.  Suggest you research the topic before posting such drivel in the future.

Which service do you pay for ?

If I HAVE to use a fax I drive down to the UPS Store. Nobody I know even owns a fax machine anymore.  Haven't sent a fax in four years.  Gone the way of the land line. But, I bought and sold my house by emails.

"For a while all Carnival Lines did accept emails for requesting Stock Credit. Then a couple of years ago several viruses appeared attached to PDF files, the common format people used to apply for the credit. "

Don't they have software to check for that ? Maybe they could pull a couple of techies off their web site design ?

Yes, I am a rule breaker. Last three cruises I have sent my CCL info by email. But, I do not exceed the speed limit and stop for red lights.