Tapatalk Forum

1. Logged out of cc and tapatalk
2. Cleared cache on tapatalk
3. Logged into CC, then tapatalk
Hope this helps[emoji57]
*not sure about iphone; both my devices are android[emoji6]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the heads up. I did what you said and it is working great. So glad to have this back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

Thank you for the heads up. I did what you said and it is working great. So glad to have this back.

Glad it worked and hopefully it stays working![emoji41][emoji57]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

Well bad news it crashed again working so well and then stopped been trying for a bit but no luck. 
[emoji26] So far, my android devices are still working.[emoji850] Hope it stays that way and hope you get back up and running.[emoji1696] I'll post if/when any issues return on my side.[emoji32]

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I emailed Tapa Talk see if they have any more info. It worked for a day and it was great you sure don't know how much you miss it when you don't have it.  The funny thing is i get the notifications but when i go to respond it crashes very weird 
Good idea and good luck.[emoji1696] Please keep us posted.[emoji3]

On 8/12/2019 at 1:14 PM, CC Help Jenn said:

We are still working on updating the plug in.  It is taking more work than we anticipated on both our and tapatalk's side as well

I will update when I have more info

Hi Jen

just wondering is there any word on getting this plugin fixed so we can use Tapa talk 

Hello everyone still have not heard back from Jen or tapa talk. I have got the app to work for a bit then crashes have to delete app and re install usually once a day. I sure hope they get this figured out this is over 6 months of issues.

2 hours ago, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

Hello everyone still have not heard back from Jen or tapa talk. I have got the app to work for a bit then crashes have to delete app and re install usually once a day. I sure hope they get this figured out this is over 6 months of issues.

Why don't you just use your browser? It works fine for most of us.

13 hours ago, kbklcamp said:

I appreciate all your answers.  I don't understand why the mobile app isn't a priority.  Thank you for your responses and I am glad I'm not alone wishing I could still enjoy the app.

9 hours ago, broberts said:

Since full functionality is available using one's browser I fail to see why the comparatively few users that refuse to use a browser should have priority.

I’m with broberts. I’m posting right now on my iPad via Safari, and regularly do the same on my iPhone. What advantages would an app bring?  I regularly access other sites via Safari on both of my mobile devices, not via apps. What would an app do? 

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I’m with broberts. I’m posting right now on my iPad via Safari, and regularly do the same on my iPhone. What advantages would an app bring?  I regularly access other sites via Safari on both of my mobile devices, not via apps. What would an app do? 

We don’t refuse to use a browser. We like the app better. I prefer the way it works for forums. I am using my browser on an iPad now. Browser or app on an iPad is somewhat of a tossup for me. But on my smartphone I prefer an app. An app works better on a smaller screen. I use Safari a lot on my iPad. On my iPhone I definitely don’t use Safari that much. Mostly  I use apps, they work better on small screens. That is why there are mobile apps for phones. Even on phablets mobile apps are preferable to web browsers because of the screen size. 

I think the app is so much easier. I was looking back and am surprised that the app has take so long to be fixed.  I emailed a few people at cc about it and nothing same with tapa talk weird. 

Originally the was no plan for the current CC site to work with TT.  

Personally, I think TT has a user friendly interface and it's still up and running since the last TT app update.[emoji16] Hope things continue, and hope the iPhone app gets back up and running soon![emoji1696][emoji6][emoji106]

Why don't you just use your browser? It works fine for most of us.
I don't like the way things are laid out on the website. Never have. Even before the switchover to the current software. With Tapatalk, I can see all of the boards I've joined, all presented in the same way. I can customize which forums and threads I see, and how. Just the ones I subscribed to. Or just the ones I've participated in. Or whatever.

It's fast, intuitive, and consistent.

I could count on one hand, the number of times I've accessed CC from my desktop this year.

Is it perfect? No.

No idea why CC is having so much trouble getting the plugins for Tapatalk working correctly. The biggest drawback at the moment, is it will only pull the 20 most recent threads in any particular forum. It's annoying, but I've learned to live with it for now. They say they're working on it, so I figure it'll get fixed eventually.
  • Like 2

I just heard from
Tapa talk they are still working with cruise critic to be the issue resolved no time line

Take that with a grain of salt. I posted about the same response (in this thread) back in June. I believe others have posted similar responses for most of the past year.

Take that with a grain of salt. I posted about the same response (in this thread) back in June. I believe others have posted similar responses for most of the past year.

I know it is a joke really how long this has gone on I mean I think cc should get this fixed as a lot of people use the app.

I know it is a joke really how long this has gone on I mean I think cc should get this fixed as a lot of people use the app.

Just noticed your signature. Are you up and running with TT at least temporarily?[emoji1696]

I’m posting this comment from the Tapatalk app. Don’t see any crashing yet and haven’t on the rare occasions I actually use the app.

I don’t get on CC from my phone much. When I do, I just use the browser. If I do use the app, I don’t even log in to my Tapatalk account. I just log in to my CC account through the Tapatalk app. Maybe that’s why I’m not experiencing any crashing, I don’t know.

CC was supposed to get the developer of their stand-alone CC app updated to work with the new forum format, but it’s been a long time since that was mentioned.

Some of us don’t want to use facebook. Besides, I find the Cruise Critic forums to be a much more valuable source of cruising information.

Edited by Organized Chaos

50 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

CC was supposed to get the developer of their stand-alone CC app updated to work with the new forum format, but it’s been a long time since that was mentioned.

The original intention with the new site was NOT to update the CC app. They felt that the mobile experience on a browser was the way to go. It was only when a lot of people complained that CC even contemplated updating (or replacing) the app. I don't know how wedded they are to that, which might have something to do with where it seems to be on their priority list.

The original intention with the new site was NOT to update the CC app. They felt that the mobile experience on a browser was the way to go. It was only when a lot of people complained that CC even contemplated updating (or replacing) the app. I don't know how wedded they are to that, which might have something to do with where it seems to be on their priority list.

I find when using the browser and looking at your notifications a bit messy on an I phone

4 hours ago, gnome12 said:

The original intention was misguided in my opinion but they should have stuck to it with the CC app and Tapatalk  instead of saying things about supporting the CC app and Tapatalk they don’t intend to carry out. Both the CC app and Tapatalk could run with little effort. I am a member of other forums using the Invision software and their custom app and also Tapatalk work. One of them switched to Invision in the same time period as CC. They were down for a few hours.  And those communities don’t have the 20 threads issue! It seems like CC wants to wait it out until users who the apps give up. Probably most have given up who remain on CC. Most people who like you that don’t care were never app or Tapatalk or CC app users so you don’t understand why we like Tapatalk or the CC app. Maybe CC was right in their original intentions but priorities have nothing to do with it. The apps could work. They made a decision. It is their business and they have that right. We will make do if we stay on CC as there is no alternative unless CC changes it’s mind. They should stop making promises they don’t mean to keep. If they wanted to they could have the apps working in a day or two. 

The original intention was misguided in my opinion but they should have stuck to it with the CC app and Tapatalk  instead of saying things about supporting the CC app and Tapatalk they don’t intend to carry out. Both the CC app and Tapatalk could run with little effort. I am a member of other forums using the Invision software and their custom app and also Tapatalk work. One of them switched to Invision in the same time period as CC. They were down for a few hours.  And those communities don’t have the 20 threads issue! It seems like CC wants to wait it out until users who the apps give up. Probably most have given up who remain on CC. Most people who like you that don’t care were never app or Tapatalk or CC app users so you don’t understand why we like Tapatalk or the CC app. Maybe CC was right in their original intentions but priorities have nothing to do with it. The apps could work. They made a decision. It is their business and they have that right. We will make do if we stay on CC as there is no alternative unless CC changes it’s mind. They should stop making promises they don’t mean to keep. If they wanted to they could have the apps working in a day or two. 

I agree I think if this was priority it would have been done by now.

• Like 1

Well, it APPEARS that I may finally have Tapatalk working with CC again, and I have no idea how or why.
The last time it was working was 8/22, and it had been working fine for me for many many months. Only occasionally would I become randomly logged out, but logging back in was not difficult.
That is, until around post #79 of this thread, when it was reported that a new version of Tapatalk was out, and it made CC "work". I eagerly updated Tapatalk, and I haven't been able to post to CC since then. Logging in just stopped working. Ironically, Tapatalk would send me notifications for threads I've been subscribed to, including marking them read after I'd done so, but when viewing the thread, I was not logged in. The "Quote" button was there (and the reply arrow), but I was not allowed to post. Most obviously, the "Like" button was missing. And going into sub-forums, no blue highlights indicating th threads with unread posts. Just not logged in as far as CC was concerned.
Logging out and back in didn't work. As the last step of logging in, I previously had to click the "Done" button at the top right to finish the login process, but with the app update, that page with the Done button just slides away, and I would be logged in as far as Tapatalk was concerned, but not as far as CC was concerned.
I tried everything. Multiple times. Clearing caches. Uninstalling and reinstalling. Logging completely out of Tapatalk (combined with all of the above). Nothing worked. Many times on many days.
I just decided to try one more time, and low and behold, I appear to be actually logged into CC.
Fingers crossed it will stay logged in, and if I ever get logged out again by CC, I'll be able to get back in under two weeks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk