Tapatalk Forum

Well, it APPEARS that I may finally have Tapatalk working with CC again, and I have no idea how or why.
The last time it was working was 8/22, and it had been working fine for me for many many months. Only occasionally would I become randomly logged out, but logging back in was not difficult.
That is, until around post #79 of this thread, when it was reported that a new version of Tapatalk was out, and it made CC "work". I eagerly updated Tapatalk, and I haven't been able to post to CC since then. Logging in just stopped working. Ironically, Tapatalk would send me notifications for threads I've been subscribed to, including marking them read after I'd done so, but when viewing the thread, I was not logged in. The "Quote" button was there (and the reply arrow), but I was not allowed to post. Most obviously, the "Like" button was missing. And going into sub-forums, no blue highlights indicating th threads with unread posts. Just not logged in as far as CC was concerned.
Logging out and back in didn't work. As the last step of logging in, I previously had to click the "Done" button at the top right to finish the login process, but with the app update, that page with the Done button just slides away, and I would be logged in as far as Tapatalk was concerned, but not as far as CC was concerned.
I tried everything. Multiple times. Clearing caches. Uninstalling and reinstalling. Logging completely out of Tapatalk (combined with all of the above). Nothing worked. Many times on many days.
I just decided to try one more time, and low and behold, I appear to be actually logged into CC.
Fingers crossed it will stay logged in, and if I ever get logged out again by CC, I'll be able to get back in under two weeks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am super glad to see it’s working for you. It started working for me about a week ago but I still have a hard time where I have to login logout and I can’t get back in so I have to totally uninstall and reinstall Tapatalk. Or you should get a few more days out of it with no other issues. Just like you I would get the notifications however if I clicked on I couldn’t comment “or nothing on them very weird. Hopefully they’re starting to finally fix this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I have Pro, on Android. It updated to v8.5 two days ago. Had to clear cache, but otherwise no trouble with login.

New issue I quickly noticed is each forum is now only loading 10 threads. Previous version was loading 20. Obviously it's supposed to load them all. It's one of the ongoing issues with Tapatalk vs CC's implementation of Invision.

• Like 1

Still up and running with the new software on my tablet![emoji16] Will try my phone later.[emoji1696]   Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk  

Not working on phone[emoji19] 

Edit; up and running[emoji106][emoji111] 

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I have Pro, on Android. It updated to v8.5 two days ago. Had to clear cache, but otherwise no trouble with login.

New issue I quickly noticed is each forum is now only loading 10 threads. Previous version was loading 20. Obviously it's supposed to load them all. It's one of the ongoing issues with Tapatalk vs CC's implementation of Invision.
Yep. Only 10 threads now..
Obviously that's on Cruise Critic's side, because it doesn't do that with other forums.

Another new version. Same results. Works on tablet, not working on phone; yet?[emoji21]

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Since I finally (somehow) got the 8/22 version working, it's continued to work. After my last experience, I'm reluctant to take the latest.

25 minutes ago, hapster85 said:
2 hours ago, *Luv2Cruz* said:
Another new version. Same results. Works on tablet, not working on phone; yet?emoji21.png

Try clearing cache.

Tried and doesn't work. The issue is with my subscribed threads.

Capture+_2019-09-12-10-06-35.png

21 minutes ago, hapster85 said:
I was having the same issue after the most recent update. Clearing cache corrected it for me.

Finally got in. I was logging into TT with Facebook option. Cleared cache, logged into TT with TT credentials and walla.[emoji106]Thanks[emoji16] 

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Edited by *Luv2Cruz*
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Started working for me again. Dunno what I did. So strange.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I was having issues as well just re installed it and working good now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had the same issues today and back on; I hope[emoji1696][emoji6][emoji854]

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:41 AM, *Luv2Cruz* said:

Had the same issues today and back on; I hopeemoji1696.pngemoji6.pngemoji854.png

glad to see you are up and running again so far my apple phone has been good. However once a week I still need to delete the app and put it on again.  I would have thought that CC would have put more effort into getting this all fixed up 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

glad to see you are up and running again so far my apple phone has been good. However once a week I still need to delete the app and put it on again.  I would have thought that CC would have put more effort into getting this all fixed up 

Tapatalk is not owned or maintained by CC.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 4:53 AM, hapster85 said:

@CC Help Jenn @CC Help Michell

@Host Anne @Host Caroline 

@Host Carolyn @Host Cecilia

Any updates on the Tapatalk app showing more than 10 threads - or perhaps removing the stickies from the past until the app works correctly?

Edited by PhoenixCruiser

Unfortunately that is something that tapatalk would have to address, as they control the app and what is displayed.
Have you submitted a help question through their app?
Tapatalk only seems to do this with Cruise Critic forums.

1 hour ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Unfortunately that is something that tapatalk would have to address, as they control the app and what is displayed.

Have you submitted a help question through their app?

That  issue on Tapatalk is only is only with the Cruise Critic forums. I use Tapatalk on five other communities and they display an endless number of threads. I am also on the Tapatalk Support Group forum and none of the thousands of communities that use their app reports the issue. Some code on Cruise Criric is limiting what Tapatalk displays.

Edited by Charles4515