Msc seaside captain

mutuelmanager1

For a while I really didn't think it mattered.  After sailing the same ship, Seaside, with Scala, Massa and Di Palma I understand more; three different experiences.  I'd say hope for Massa but I read that's pretty much not going to happen.  Sorry I can't remember when Di Palma said he was leaving, I hope it is before your cruise.  He seemed nice enough but after having he other two earlier I was not impressed, never saw him out and about the ship outside of scheduled events.  Massa, and to a lesser extent Scala, was very visible all around the ship talking with passengers and interested in their experience.

I agree on Massa!  He was excellent when we were on last March.  I know he won't be back on Seaside soon, since he is leading the wordl cruise.  I'd read on another thread that Scala was coming back to Seaside.  If so, that would be very nice.

That's funny, I read it as world so I guess I can't read this morning either.  I see that Captain Scala has just been assigned to the Armonia doing the Cuba run, don't know for how long.   Any idea on the Captain of the Divina these days?

5 hours ago, CTBob said:

That's funny, I read it as world so I guess I can't read this morning either.  I see that Captain Scala has just been assigned to the Armonia doing the Cuba run, don't know for how long.   Any idea on the Captain of the Divina these days?

The Captain of Divina is Stefano Batinelli.  I don't think I've sailed with him before but will meet him October 28th. One of the head butlers on Divina said he is leaving the ship before it gets back to Miami because he doesn't have a US visa. That is the case with several butlers we have gotten to know over the years on Divina.  Now they are on other ships overseas.

Captain Scala joined Armonia a short while ago, I did ask him via Facebook messenger if there was any chance of him being on Divina at Xmas, he did say no, but last week gave a slightly different indication.

Would be good if he is as we were on Seaside last Xmas with him and Marco Massa in April.

6 hours ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

The Captain of Divina is Stefano Batinelli.  I don't think I've sailed with him before but will meet him October 28th. One of the head butlers on Divina said he is leaving the ship before it gets back to Miami because he doesn't have a US visa. That is the case with several butlers we have gotten to know over the years on Divina.  Now they are on other ships overseas.

Hi Mary Ann, let me know what you think of him.  If you get a chance please check out the Menu at the Galaxy Restaurant.  I hope it's not just Sushi!  Bob