Price of 7 day internet package? Pre cruise discount offer email

Cruise Gopher

I got an email from Celebrity offering up to 20% off internet packages and other stuff like shore excursions specialty restaurants etc. 

My question is, how do you know how much of a discount you are getting when you look at these in the pre cruise planner? I assume the prices shown are the discounted prices but how do I know what the original prices are?

Usually the price on the Internet is the normal price and the discount is applied at checkout.   Another consideration might be your CC status - You get discounts that are only obtained if you call in to Captain's Club to book in Advance  or book on board - 

Select  -  25%
Elite   -    30%
Elite Plus -  35%

• Like 1

My experience has also been, if there is a sale, the Captain’s Club discount does not apply. The internet price with the 10% discount for booking in advance plus the Captain’s Club discount is usually cheaper.

I called today about the email - I'm on the 5 Nov 18 sailing of Equinox.  I particularly called about the shore excursion discounts and was told that the discount did not apply to any November 2018 sailings.   She found October and December sailings it applied to but none in November.  Oh well.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Usually the price on the Internet is the normal price and the discount is applied at checkout.   Another consideration might be your CC status - You get discounts that are only obtained if you call in to Captain's Club to book in Advance  or book on board - 

Select  -  25%
Elite   -    30%
Elite Plus -  35%

Are these CC discounts only for internet or can they be applied to Shore Excursions?

54 minutes ago, Cruzinram said:

Are these CC discounts only for internet or can they be applied to Shore Excursions?

These discounts are only available for Internet.   Elite Plus also receive a 10% discount on Drink Packages but you can usually do better by booking on-line if they have  promotion.   

You can check comparison of benefits by CC Level at:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

44 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

What’s the onboard 7 day internet price? Just trying to get an idea of what the price is supposed to be. I wish they made this all more transparent. 

Just off of Millennium and the prices were shown at $36 per day (for the entire cruise length) or $252 for a 7 day cruise.  It was later discounted mid-cruise to add for 36x 3 days.   This pricing may be an attempt to think it cost less.  

I just checked my Nov 1 cruise which is a 14 day cruise and the price is showing as $341 which doesn't calculate to the same cost per day as shown below.  

Suggest do a mock booking of the internet price and go to the point of putting in credit card to see how it calculates. 

25749831_InternetPricing.jpg.36288b974e72673b8ac3baac6d887ec9.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain

On 10/18/2018 at 9:35 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Select  -  25%
Elite   -    30%
Elite Plus -  35%

Wow, thanks Jim. As I understand it, that's 30% Elite + 10% early booking, but I have to call Captain's Club?

Another thing to take into consideration is if you need one internet pkg. or two.  My husband doesn't do anything online and I was happy to be able to book a single pkg. and use OBC.  With discounts, (30% for Elite and the online sale price) it came out to $137 for a 7 nt. cruise.  More than one person can use the single internet pkg., but can only be online one at a time.  

On 10/19/2018 at 2:35 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Select  -  25%
Elite   -    30%
Elite Plus -  35%

When I called to pay for the internet for our Transpacific cruise I was able to use our Select CC level to get 25% off but they would not include another 10% for booking in advance.  I was under the impression that some people have gotten both but they were insistent that was not the case.  

• Like 1

Thank you Dianne & Jim.

Montekat, I was curious about this exact issue-- it looks like the package is for 1 device or two devices, etc.  Does it not track individual devices, but only how many you can have connected at one time?  Both my husband and I will need to check our work emails on occasion but part of the reason we originally started cruising is because we were forced to be less connected...

21 hours ago, Dimarie40 said:

When I called to pay for the internet for our Transpacific cruise I was able to use our Select CC level to get 25% off but they would not include another 10% for booking in advance.  I was under the impression that some people have gotten both but they were insistent that was not the case.  

I thought or hoped the same but was happy with the 35% Elite+.   Unless we get free internet as a perk we only get one package and share.   

20 hours ago, JennAngel9 said:

Thank you Dianne & Jim.

Montekat, I was curious about this exact issue-- it looks like the package is for 1 device or two devices, etc.  Does it not track individual devices, but only how many you can have connected at one time?  Both my husband and I will need to check our work emails on occasion but part of the reason we originally started cruising is because we were forced to be less connected...

With one internet pkg, only one device can be online at a time.  Since you would have only one sign-on, you could sign off one device and then sign on with the other one, using the same log on.  No, they don't keep track of the devices as far as I know, I have switched back and forth between my Chromebook and my smartphone, just log off one and log on with the other one.

• Like 1

I have also switched between devices on one account with no problem, phone, kindle, tablet, laptop. Also, if you are elite you get a choice of 90 free minutes each (be sure to log out after you're done or the minutes will continue running) or the 30% discount. You don't both have to choose the same. We use one of our 90 minutes and then after seeing how much we need we either use the second 90 minutes or buy the unlimited 1 device option on board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luvcrusn said:

I have also switched between devices on one account with no problem, phone, kindle, tablet, laptop. Also, if you are elite you get a choice of 90 free minutes each (be sure to log out after you're done or the minutes will continue running) or the 30% discount. You don't both have to choose the same. We use one of our 90 minutes and then after seeing how much we need we either use the second 90 minutes or buy the unlimited 1 device option on board.

Thanks everyone.  That's really smart Luvcrusn.  Still not sure if we'll have one or two perks.  I became Elite under the old system and haven't sailed Celebrity since 2013...DH has been on exactly 1 cruise with Celebrity in 2013 and appears to also have Elite status on his online account for the past 2 months (again, first time we've looked since 2013) and so I'm trying to figure out if he somehow also got grandfathered in linked to me or if his status will disappear when we board...either way, I like the idea of using the perk and deciding what we actually need (or at least saving a few days worth of per day package) before committing... if we can each keep under 10m a weekday, 90m should get us almost a week.

19 minutes ago, JennAngel9 said:

Thanks everyone.  That's really smart Luvcrusn.  Still not sure if we'll have one or two perks.  I became Elite under the old system and haven't sailed Celebrity since 2013...DH has been on exactly 1 cruise with Celebrity in 2013 and appears to also have Elite status on his online account for the past 2 months (again, first time we've looked since 2013) and so I'm trying to figure out if he somehow also got grandfathered in linked to me or if his status will disappear when we board...either way, I like the idea of using the perk and deciding what we actually need (or at least saving a few days worth of per day package) before committing... if we can each keep under 10m a weekday, 90m should get us almost a week.

His Elite status is a result of being married to you and will remain. Make sure you remind him of the good fortune you've brought his way. :classic_wink:  So you'll each have the choice of the 90 free minutes or the 30% discount. 

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1

You can always use the one device plan, (for a phone) then use the phone as a 'HOTSPOT". Then you can link your other device, laptop, pad, whatever, and share the connection. The limitation is only for the number of devices connected to the internet via WIfi.

11 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

His Elite status is a result of being married to you and will remain. Make sure you remind him of the good fortune you've brought his way. :classic_wink:  So you'll each have the choice of the 90 free minutes or the 30% discount. 

Wow, that's awesome, thanks for letting me know. I'm going to go do a happy dance and celebrate our second free bag of laundry while contemplating if we can make it 14 days with only 180m of internet between us...

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:13 PM, LaDave said:

I called today about the email - I'm on the 5 Nov 18 sailing of Equinox.  I particularly called about the shore excursion discounts and was told that the discount did not apply to any November 2018 sailings.   She found October and December sailings it applied to but none in November.  Oh well.

Called tonight for unlimited wifi one device same cruise and its 202 taxes incl as select member