baltimore port info

buzz2400

Just back from the Baltimore Port.  Just wanted to give some info if you are leaving your car at the port.  The port is right off exit 55 off I-95.  When you get there, they formed about six lines.  They were all going to the same place but they would only let a few cars at a time to drop off the luggage (probably for security reasons).  Once you drop off your luggage, you get to where you pay for the parking.  The guy asked if we were paying cash or credit and directed us to the correct line.  After you pay you just drop off your car.  It is an open parking lot.  There is plenty of parking.  I believe I paid about $95 for sunday through sunday.  Very easy to do.  But please be aware that it did take a little bit of time to do the whole process since they were only letting a few cars at a time.  I believe we got there around 11 a.m.  

Thanks for the info. we are cruising for the first time out of Baltimore on November 4th.  Once you got in line, how long did it take to park and and get inside the terminal.

We are staying in the inner harbor area the night before and have a 1200-1230 boarding time but we are also platinum so we can board whenever.  What time do you or anyone recommend we leave for the port.

Thanks

The OP's post sounds very much like what I experienced a few years ago when I arrived at Port Baltimore for my Carnival Pride cruise.  I thought it was very organized.  Traveling Northbound on I-95 and arriving at the exit ramp for the Port, watch your speed.  There was, and I imagine still is, a very steep drop in speed limits on the ramp and street level.  A Baltimore Police Car was parked next to the end of the ramp monitoring the traffic coming off Northbound I-95.

I can't really say how much time it took.  We had a 130 boarding time and we were checked in at the terminal well before that.  No one said anything so we just went on board.  It really didn't take too much time when we were in the six lanes.  It just seemed a long time because of the excitement and anticipation of going on the cruise.  I would say it took more time going in the terminal going through security and then checking in than it did to drop off luggage and park. 

The line for parking backs up and is slow going if you arrive before the parking lot has cleared from the previous cruise..   You can't park if it is still full of cars that haven't left yet.   Get there a little later.

If the ship is late in returning as things get backed up because arriving passengers are not let in while a large number of passengers are leaving.  The security folks at the entrance can't tell the difference between folks just getting dropped off and those waiting for the parking lot to clear.  Earlier this year we were waiting for an uber to take us home and the driver was stuck in the line and couldn't get into the port.  Had to run for the last taxi in the area.