Is Princess also changing the evening show and activities times?

Wishing on a star

With the changing dining times.. I wonder what current cruisers are seeing with the evening shows.

I wonder when the late shows are scheduled?

One reason I wanted the very earliest Traditional Seating was to not have to rush if we wanted to make a show or activity.  We prefer to eat first...  Need time for supper to settle before bed!!!

We just got off the Grand Princess on Sunday, and when we boarded, we were surprised to learn our 6pm MDR dining time was changed to 5:15pm.  When I spoke with the asst. M'd, she said that the dining times were adjusted to 5:15pm and 7:15pm.  The showtimes were also changed to accommodate the new dining times so that no one would miss a show.  The show times were now 6:30pm and 8:30pm. We ended up changing our time to 7:15 because the 5:15 was just too early, especially on port days or formal nights, we'd be getting dressed at 3:30pm if we wanted cocktails before dinner..... We saw a couple shows at 6:30, but by the time we got out of the show, it was 7:30 before we could get to our dinner table.  The only thing bad about that was not being able to have a relaxing drink before dinner.  We liked going to the show after dinner on the old schedule, but now were able to go to other activities, like music or dancing after dinner since we had already seen the show.  It does make for an early start to your evening, but the asst. M'd said it was in response to Princess passengers' high demand for more early dining times.  Very few people were going to the 8:15/8:30 late seatings, so the 5:15 and 7:15 times have proved very popular and the pressure has lessened on the Anytime dining demand because people can now have traditional dining at the popular time of 7:15pm.  

Edited by CruisinCindy

The worst of both worlds...Late diners always get the short end of the stick.  We enjoy eating late {anytime dining arrival 7:30-8:00} followed by the late show in the Princess Theatre.  Now, if we want to see the show in the Princess Theatre, we have to get showered and dressed at 5:30ish in order to get seats.  Let's say the show lets out by 7:15 and then it's still too early for dinner. 

The new times sounds horrible to me. We like late traditional dining. We realize that we're giving up some evening activities--the game shows and trivias--when we do that. If we get assigned 7:15 for traditional dining, we may end up changing to anytime so we can go after 8.

Seems to me that you have a greater chance of missing both shows as a result of the new dining times. You will either arrive late for eating or have to rush your meal to make the later show. Not ideal. 

Giving serious consideration to changing to Anytime Dining.