Virgin Voyages Cruise Ship Will Have Tattoo Studio

cmac cruiser

• 4 months later...

I'm always puzzled and somewhat amused by those who have a derogatory view of people who have or want tattoos and/or piercings. Where do they live and what are they afraid of? Do they really equate character with body art/adornment? I'm in my 50s and have an ear conch piercing, so I guess I'm a bad element lol. If I condemned everyone I know and interact with who has tattoos, piercings or both, I'd be losing out on knowing so many amazing people. And some of the most self-righteous, narcissistic people I've known are tattoo- and piercing-free. If I meet someone on our cruise who has visited the tattoo/piercing parlor, I'll be interested in seeing the results. I've been wanting a new ear piercing for awhile and might splurge while onboard, and I love seeing cool tattoo art. Guess I'm riff raff. Beware, fellow passengers ...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, crazycatlady11 said:

I'm always puzzled and somewhat amused by those who have a derogatory view of people who have or want tattoos and/or piercings. Where do they live and what are they afraid of? Do they really equate character with body art/adornment? I'm in my 50s and have an ear conch piercing, so I guess I'm a bad element lol. If I condemned everyone I know and interact with who has tattoos, piercings or both, I'd be losing out on knowing so many amazing people. And some of the most self-righteous, narcissistic people I've known are tattoo- and piercing-free. If I meet someone on our cruise who has visited the tattoo/piercing parlor, I'll be interested in seeing the results. I've been wanting a new ear piercing for awhile and might splurge while onboard, and I love seeing cool tattoo art. Guess I'm riff raff. Beware, fellow passengers ...

Just looked up 'ear conch piercing', and all I can say is "OUCH"! 😱 I can tell you, it took ALL of the courage I could muster, just to add a second hole to each earlobe, decades ago! Nope -- no judgements here. Although, I do sometimes look at heavily inked young people and think that time and gravity are NOT going to be kind to them -- nor, to the rest of us, LOL!

However, there are some things that I simply would not have done on a cruise ship: teeth whitening and acupuncture, to name a couple. Heck, I've heard/seen too many horror stories to even let the on-board salon cut my hair, or do anything semi-permanent to my nails. So, even if I were into body-art (which I'm obviously not) -- I would think twice about letting a stranger on a cruise ship -- who's credentials I know nothing about, and whom I'll never see again -- make ANY sort of permanent alterations to something as precious as my skin.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, crazycatlady11 said:

If I meet someone on our cruise who has visited the tattoo/piercing parlor, I'll be interested in seeing the results. I've been wanting a new ear piercing for awhile and might splurge while onboard, and I love seeing cool tattoo art. Guess I'm riff raff. Beware, fellow passengers ...

Hi riff raff (crazycatlady)   Well said!

Hopefully our paths will cross someday and we can compare "holes and ink".

dave

• Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 6:54 PM, slugg said:

My crystal ball tells me that Virgin Voyages will be priced too high for millennials with new jobs, no wealth, and a mountain of student debt. So you may run into the rich ones, perhaps? But not your typical snowflakes.

You realize the oldest millenials are in their late thirties right? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:41 PM, SC_GAY_Cruiser said:

I guess I just don't understand the issues with a tattoo studio on the ship.   Yes I am biased.   I am a 64 year old man with multiple piercings and quite a lot of ink.    Would I consider getting more ink from an artist I don't know?   Probably not.   And for those who are not inked, the artist is the most important aspect of a tattoo.

For those who have cancelled their deposit, I guess you use and visit literally every venue on a cruise ship from the buffet to steak house  and everything in between.  From the water slides to the putt putt to every bar and restaurant and entertainment venue.    

So one small space that caters to something your not interested in, your willing to miss out on the experience of a new cruise ship and line?    

Well said, SC! I'm not interested in the tattoo parlor, but from the design of the ship, to the cabins, the fitness center(s), the chic-looking restaurants and the emphasis on wellness, there are 1,000 reasons to cruise this ship. 😊 I like Branson's out-of-the-box thinking and think it's refreshing. 

• Like 2

I love tattoos I am getting my next one soon (as soon as the artist and I have space in our schedule).

The last thing I would do is get a tattoo on a cruise. They hurt, I don't relish being in pain. Also you have to take care of a fresh tattoo, regular bathing, applying cream, keeping it clean.

The first couple of days the tattoo is pretty gooey, a cruise ship is not ideal. Also you have to keep it out of the sun, no swimming, not too much alcohol. Pretty much everything you go on holiday to do.

Also when I get a piece done, my tattoo artist and I communicate back and forth for a couple of weeks before the actual tattoo getting the design right.

the tattoo might take 5 to 7 hours I can't imagine the tattoo artists on board are going to give this service. so what's left is flash, nothing wrong with it, but imagine the number of people who will end up having the exact same tattoo, sounds bit conveyor belt to me.

• Like 2