Dining Room Table Numbers

knippsel

Does anyone know if the table numbers stay the same or do they vary from cruise to cruise?  We had a table for 2 at late TD on the Grand last January that we really liked - the location was perfect and the noise level was quite OK.  I'd like to request it again for our upcoming cruise in December, but don't know if they shift the table numbers around (which would make it difficult to request the same one)!

Thanks!

Kathy 

I can't see them changing anything in a ship's dinning room setup. The service is choreographed like a stage production. Any change would result in confusion. That being said, making that type of reservation is usually made in person once on the ship AT the dinning room itself.

2 hours ago, knippsel said:

Does anyone know if the table numbers stay the same or do they vary from cruise to cruise?  We had a table for 2 at late TD on the Grand last January that we really liked - the location was perfect and the noise level was quite OK.  I'd like to request it again for our upcoming cruise in December, but don't know if they shift the table numbers around (which would make it difficult to request the same one)!

Thanks!

Kathy 

Yes the table #'s can change. As stated see the MD at the time/place listed in the Patter on embarkation day.

The table numbers can change.  I know, because we were once assigned to table #72.  On the first evening, my wife pointed to the table next to us (table #74) and said "I like that table better, can we get our assignment changed?"  The couple assigned to that other table had not arrived, so I simply switched the table numbers.  

Our servers knew what we had done, but it didn't matter to them!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

The table numbers can change.  I know, because we were once assigned to table #72.  On the first evening, my wife pointed to the table next to us (table #74) and said "I like that table better, can we get our assignment changed?"  The couple assigned to that other table had not arrived, so I simply switched the table numbers.  

Very clever!  Thanks for the info everyone.  We'll deal with it on board.

22 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

It didn’t bother you at all taking someone else’s table?

Edited by bemis12

1 hour ago, floridalover5623 said:

Why should it since if someone actually wanted that location it would still be there when they arrived but with a different number.

It would.  But Mike sitting at it.  But yes, it would still exist.

Edited by bemis12

On 10/19/2018 at 2:08 AM, Mike45LC said:

I don’t think it’s right to actually change the table number yourself, your wait staff may have smiled but they wouldn’t like you messing up the system 

We typically sit at the same table for an entire cruise (in Anytime Dining) and often see the table numbers switched around from night to night, and it often doesn't match the paper the guide has.  The plastic block on the table may also have the wrong waiters from the lunch seating.  And the dining room is often used for those $10 sales.  So it is a miracle they actually get the numbers back to the right table as often as they do.

• Like 1