Odd Times Traditional Dining Royal Princess?

kruisey

I was confirmed  early 5.30 on wait list for 6PM.

Looking at my booking on Princess web site it states confirmed 4.45  on wait list   for 5 PM in 9th position.

Miles to early for dinner.What is going on?

Has anyone else experienced these odd times with Princess?

Edited by kruisey
Editing

Princess has changed the standard times listed in the Personalizer. I do not think this reflects any actual changes to times when you are on the ship, just what is listed in the Personalizer.

If the previous times were the same as the times when you were on the ship, it was a coincidence. I suspect the same is true for the new times listed.

12 minutes ago, caribill said:

Princess has changed the standard times listed in the Personalizer. I do not think this reflects any actual changes to times when you are on the ship, just what is listed in the Personalizer.

If the previous times were the same as the times when you were on the ship, it was a coincidence. I suspect the same is true for the new times listed.

Does it mean that they have actually changed to these times?I will change to late maybe they have changed to 7?

Just been back to Princess site and changed my time to late which is 7.15 not too late at all and it is confirmed.I wonder if others will also now want to change from early.

Edited by kruisey
Additional Information

No one has reported back since the changes were made to all sailings in the Personalizer. Princess said the Personalizer times were changed to more accurately reflect the actual times. Although I could be wrong, I do not think the actual times have been changed (I cannot imagine a big demand for 4:45 PM traditional fixed seating).

As you are no doubt aware, the times listed in the past have rarely been accurate and there is no reason to think that all ships now have changed dining times to be what is now in the Personizer.

6 hours ago, kruisey said:

Looking at my booking on Princess web site it states confirmed 4.45  on wait list   for 5 PM in 9th position.

I am watching my future sailing carefully because I have read that the dining times are changing. Something is probably going to change soon because I see confirmed 5:30 PM and wait list #1 for 6 PM.   I will also switch to the late dining option if it becomes 7 or 7:15.

On my recent Med cruise in September on the Crown the dining time was changed to 5:30 PM and I was late arriving.  I wasn't used to paying attention to this detail after my initial booking so I was surprised.    This earlier time felt rushed to me as I was often just getting back on board and couldn't watch sail away.....

Personally 4.45 and 5.00PM are too early for Trad. dinner.Princess has their Afternoon tea I think it is 3.30 to 4.30PM.

Those folks that prefer late dining 8.00PM might now find 7.15PM a tad early for them.

Then taking all day excursions  on early Trad will end up having to go up to HC for their dinner.

Edited by kruisey
Addition

1 hour ago, kruisey said:

Personally 4.45 and 5.00PM are too early for Trad. dinner.Princess has their Afternoon tea I think it is 3.30 to 4.30PM.

Those folks that prefer late dining 8.00PM might now find 7.15PM a tad early for them.

Then taking all day excursions  on early Trad will end up having to go up to HC for their dinner.

Such a deal, go for tea - stay for dinner.

9 hours ago, kruisey said:

They are not odd they are the future.   🙄

9 hours ago, kruisey said:

There's a long very active discussion of this thsts been going on since the changes were first noticed/made earlier this week - may provide some insight: 

5 minutes ago, riclop said:

Just go to the buffet.

Although we often go to the buffet for breakfast or lunch it’s not our idea of a nice, relaxing dinner.  Our next two cruises have been changed from 8:15 to 7:15.  Although we prefer a little later it will work for us.  So happy that we’re not early diners.

We were on the the Ruby in late September and dinner times were definitely earlier than previous cruises. The AT dining room opened at 5pm and people were lining up at 4:30pm. I thought they must be offering a senior special! Our dinner time was 5:15pm though we would show up about 5:30pm.

Well I thought when I saw 4.45Pm that because I have a disability cabin they had put me with some of the families with young children thinking I would nitey nite by 7 00PM.Then I decided to do an' Agatha Christie' which actually has worked out in my favor because I now share a table with a friends that like late dining .

I was confirmed for 6pm on the Royal in June but it was 5:30 when I boarded. They stated 6pm no longer existed .... all 6pm was moved to 5:30. Confirmed with PCC that 6pm has been shifted for most routes to 5pm. It is still a valid time for Australia / New Zealand 

Formal Tea was still 3:30-4:30 on that step up section of the atrium plaza so yes, from tea to dinner. Think of it as a form of cocktails without the booze

Edited by Ombud

We were just changed to 4:45, I called Princess and spoke to customer service and was told that many  people requested earlier dinner and there is no way that they could change my dining time even though I am elite with Princess.  Not a happy sailor!!!

25 minutes ago, jojov said:

We were just changed to 4:45, I called Princess and spoke to customer service and was told that many  people requested earlier dinner and there is no way that they could change my dining time even though I am elite with Princess.  Not a happy sailor!!!

Go online into your cruise personalizer and change it to another time. You might be wait listed but the worst you can get is what you have now or ATD

Edited by Ombud