Unlimited Arcade

mdsgu

I read somewhere about this unlimited arcade package.  If you attempt to purchase it online, the NCL site forces you to buy it for all passengers in a cabin.  However, some have had luck with calling NCL and being able to purchase it just for some of the passengers in a cabin.  I went the second route and bought it on the phone for my kids -- my wife and I could really care less about playing arcade games.  Now, my TA tells me that my wife and I will most likely get charged for the arcade package once we are onboard.

Has anyone bought the arcade package?  For just some of the people in your cabin?  Were you then charged onboard for the others?  Trying to decide whether to keep it or not.  $112 for the 2 kids is ok, but I'm not spending $224 for all 4 of us.  There's no way my kids will spend that much in the arcade!  They are 9 and 8, and they only get to go to the arcade when we take them.

So you bought and paid for it on your phone?  Did the total price show up before finalizing the transaction? 

Best bet is to call NCL and get it straightened out.  Multiple people have reported buying it just for certain people in their cabin by calling.

I purchased for just one in the stateroom online.  System allowed me to choose passengers for bliss Alaska sailing.  Might have made a difference that only two adults total in room?  I was not charged anything for extra person who didn’t have the pkg.  They had very few green swipe games available. Was a waste of $ for husband but could be a great deal for kids as long as they adhere to green swipe games.  

4 hours ago, littlelulu01 said:

I purchased for just one in the stateroom online.  System allowed me to choose passengers for bliss Alaska sailing.  Might have made a difference that only two adults total in room?  I was not charged anything for extra person who didn’t have the pkg.  They had very few green swipe games available. Was a waste of $ for husband but could be a great deal for kids as long as they adhere to green swipe games.  

Do you happen to remember how many games/which ones were available?  It seemed from past discussions there were quite a few games, but perhaps that has changed now that the unlimited package is available.

We purchased it last week on the getaway. We all had to get it. But there were a lot of games that was included, like the darts and pool in O Sheehan's. Any skill game isn't included. Or any game you win tickets. But my crew had a blast with it. Hope this info helps.

I'm hoping to purchase this for my two kids on our upcoming 15 day in March. When I called CS they said I could purchase it on the ship for whoever we chose and not required for all to buy. I don't know who's right or telling the truth or even who is properly informed at NCL on this. It would be like almost $300 for my kids and It would be a cold day in helllllll if they think my wife and I want it or would pay for it ...... 

7 minutes ago, kalebnoah said:

We purchased it last week on the getaway. We all had to get it. But there were a lot of games that was included, like the darts and pool in O Sheehan's. Any skill game isn't included. Or any game you win tickets. But my crew had a blast with it. Hope this info helps.

Thank you!  It does help.  I think I will get it for our family even if we all have to pay.  We rarely go to arcades, so it will be a fun way to spend time on a rainy day, or late at night when there aren't a lot of other activities.

46 minutes ago, rwf1 said:

Do you happen to remember how many games/which ones were available?  It seemed from past discussions there were quite a few games, but perhaps that has changed now that the unlimited package is available.

Included green swipe that i can think of on the Bliss: Mario game in the Local.  In the arcade I think it’s air hockey, a pirate video game, motorcycle game, basketball, and a virtual game where you wear goggles and sit in a chair. 

My understanding is the arcade game pkg is similar to a soda pkg.  you don’t share and can lose privileges if abused but each cabin mate can purchase separately.  Husband’s card had arcade and mine had soda printed on cards upon checking in at the port (with pre purchase.)If the system won’t let you pre purchase I’d just call and purchase individually.  Everything onboard has a tendency to go up in price compared to pre purchase.  At $56 even a couple visits and it’s paid for.  The pirate game can take in hundreds an hour.  The game starts a count down every few minutes of play requiring another swipe to continue on.  I think it’s about $3 or more a swipe so a kid could really do some damage without a pkg on that one.  

4 minutes ago, littlelulu01 said:

Included green swipe that i can think of on the Bliss: Mario game in the Local.  In the arcade I think it’s air hockey, a pirate video game, motorcycle game, basketball, and a virtual game where you wear goggles and sit in a chair. 

My understanding is the arcade game pkg is similar to a soda pkg.  you don’t share and can lose privileges if abused but each cabin mate can purchase separately.  Husband’s card had arcade and mine had soda printed on cards upon checking in at the port (with pre purchase.)If the system won’t let you pre purchase I’d just call and purchase individually.  Everything onboard has a tendency to go up in price compared to pre purchase.  At $56 even a couple visits and it’s paid for.  The pirate game can take in hundreds an hour.  The game starts a count down every few minutes of play requiring another swipe to continue on.  I think it’s about $3 or more a swipe so a kid could really do some damage without a pkg on that one.  

Thanks for the info.  You are right--that is not a lot of games.  It seems as if the Escape and Getaway have more green swipe games.  Not sure if the Bliss is different, or if they will make changes on all of the ships.  Our cruise isn't until June, so I have plenty of time to figure out what we want to do.

8 hours ago, Mike_DeA said:

So you bought and paid for it on your phone?  Did the total price show up before finalizing the transaction? 

Best bet is to call NCL and get it straightened out.  Multiple people have reported buying it just for certain people in their cabin by calling.

It was all done over the phone with a live operator.  But my CC was charged $112 ($56 x2).  I requested an amenity statement from NCL (through my TA), and it shows just the children with the package.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Noelly said:

I just purchased the arcade package (today is our 60 days out!!!😀) for two people. It gave me the option to add and I selected the kids.  Charge was $112 ($56x2).  

Thanks for the update Noelly!  Maybe you will be able to give us a review after your cruise.

Noelly,

Did you do this online or with a person, and are you in the same room as your kids?

I'm on NCL.com right now, and it will only let me add per room.  I can't just let the kids get it.

On 10/19/2018 at 5:10 PM, rwf1 said:

We had it on the Escape two weeks ago. In O'sheehan's the Mario Kart, darts, pool, air hockey, and basketball were included. In the arcade, everything that did not aware tickets/prizes were included, so shooting games, racing games, guitar hero, basketball, air hockey, etc. were all included. The notable exclusion is skee ball, since it awards tickets. Really wish they would include skee ball and just not award tickets if you are using the pass.

• Like 4

JamieLogical:  Thanks for the update.  I didn't realize skee ball gave tickets.  Now I understand why it is not included.  I wish there was a way to make skee ball work with the card too.  Oh well, I guess that is what OBC is for.

I am pretty certain we will get the unlimited games, unless the package changes before our cruise in June.

27 minutes ago, rwf1 said:

JamieLogical:  Thanks for the update.  I didn't realize skee ball gave tickets.  Now I understand why it is not included.  I wish there was a way to make skee ball work with the card too.  Oh well, I guess that is what OBC is for.

I am pretty certain we will get the unlimited games, unless the package changes before our cruise in June.

Our local laser tag place has a big arcade area and they use a swipe card system that looks exactly like those on the machines on NCL ships. I know for a fact that they have the means to disable ticket rewards based on certain conditions. Like when you purchase a game of laser tag, you get 15 minutes of free arcade, but during that 15 minutes, you can't receive tickets from games that award them. Maybe NCL will be able to figure out how to program skeeball to do the same thing. Just not award tickets if you are using the unlimited arcade pass.

• Like 1

That's interesting.  Maybe it would be possible.

By the way, did it seem like many people had the unlimited package?  Just curious if it is catching on.  Of course, your cruise probably had fewer kids, so maybe not the best example.

On 10/30/2018 at 2:03 PM, kpjb said:

Noelly,

Did you do this online or with a person, and are you in the same room as your kids?

I'm on NCL.com right now, and it will only let me add per room.  I can't just let the kids get it.

I was able to add it for just my girls, we are all in the same cabin. I used the NCL app at 60 days out. I just checked our edocs and it shows it for them. 

When I clicked on the arcade package it showed all four of our names. I selected to add it to each kid and submit. My credit card was charged $52 in 2 separate transactions. It was similar to adding the soda package for my younger daughter. 

• Like 1

We have 2 cabins, one for the adults, one for the kids side by side, however, we had to book 1 adult in each cabin.  Do you think they would allow us to only purchase the package for our two kids, 1 in each room and not each adult?  Also, a poster mentioned doing this on the NCL app.  Does anyone know if there is a app in the apple app store if they are referring to the website?

thanks