What is cruise Night Coupon Books

geocruiser

You usually get them when your TA has $100 booking specials. They are (one of two) of the same old coupon books - one coupon is the first night buy one get one free at speciality dining. The others are less desirable.

Edited by Coral

22 minutes ago, Coral said:

You usually get them when your TA has $100 booking specials. They are (one of two) of the same old coupon books - one coupon is the first night buy one get one free at speciality dining. The others are less desirable.

That buy one get one free at specialty dining sounds nice! I'd do that.  🙂  

3 hours ago, Coral said:

What is the $100. booking special?

4 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

What is the $100. booking special?

My TA will periodically have $100 deposit specials. It seems to be around that same time that they offer coupon books. I think they go hand and hand but could be wrong. Even if you don't take advantage of the $100 deposits, and use a FCD, you still get the coupon books. Or maybe they are a group amenity. I seem to get them often. 

1 minute ago, Coral said:

My TA will periodically have $100 deposit specials. It seems to be around that same time that they offer coupon books. I think they go hand and hand but could be wrong. Even if you don't take advantage of the $100 deposits, and use a FCD, you still get the coupon books. Or maybe they are a group amenity. I seem to get them often. 

Thank you and every one else for your answers.  I have received a coupon book before, but this is the first time that I have seen it listed as  a" Cruise Night Coupon Books" next to the water package that I brought.

2 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

Thank you and every one else for your answers.  I have received a coupon book before, but this is the first time that I have seen it listed as  a" Cruise Night Coupon Books" next to the water package that I brought.

A cruise night usually refers to the $100 deposit time period. I think it may go back to the old days when a travel agency used to host a Princess event at their brick and mortar store and invite people with the incentive of a $100 deposit and an incentive of a cruise book.

We still have local travel agents who hold Alaska nights and feature one specific cruise line, etc... My agent just uses it as a specific time period  when people can book with $100 deposits.

Am I missing something?  I don't see any benefit to the $100 deposits if you always have extra FCC's.   I always have at least 6 extra ones.     For the first time ever, we have a couple of these books listed under special services on our travel summary.    We usually have dinner in the specialty restaurants a couple times a week.   So, if that coupon book gives you a 2 for 1 dinner on the first night, what happens if you already have a free first night from being in a suite.   And what if you both have an offer,   can you do multiple nights ?   Do they allow you to do it another night?    We also get a free on from our AMEX card and the past few years, have had a battle with some of them to allow us to get both.

41 minutes ago, compozer said:

also Am I missing something?  I don't see any benefit to the $100 deposits if you always have extra FCC's.   I always have at least 6 extra ones.     For the first time ever, we have a couple of these books listed under special services on our travel summary.    We usually have dinner in the specialty restaurants a couple times a week.   So, if that coupon book gives you a 2 for 1 dinner on the first night, what happens if you already have a free first night from being in a suite.   And what if you both have an offer,   can you do multiple nights ?   Do they allow you to do it another night?    We also get a free on from our AMEX card and the past few years, have had a battle with some of them to allow us to get both.

From what you say here , the CN Coupon Book is little value to you and not everyone has an FCC ,  but that 2 for 1 on 1st night coupon will be appreciated by those , not in a suite . No it is not transferable to another night . 

There will be a coupon for a free bottle of water at a Specialty restaurant most any night .

Edited by MCC retired

4 minutes ago, compozer said:

It is listed under cruise summary but can't see what is in it.             

Are we allowed to give the 2 for 1 dinners to other people?

If you can figure out a search, there are plenty of threads about these coupons and what they offer.

Yes, you can give the coupon away. I gave it to a friend who was on a different sailing/ship as it said it expired at the end of the year.

Edited by Coral

6 hours ago, MCC retired said:

From what you say here , the CN Coupon Book is little value to you and not everyone has an FCC ,  but that 2 for 1 on 1st night coupon will be appreciated by those , not in a suite . No it is not transferable to another night . 

There will be a coupon for a free bottle of water at a Specialty restaurant most any night .

I use checked and I did not use a FCC to book this cruise.  I booked four cruise for the winter and only had three FCC.  Will buy more once on baord!!

On 10/19/2018 at 8:27 PM, geocruiser said:

I think they are referring to events travel agents hold where they have representatives from one or more cruise companies present to promote cruising. They hold this on some evening and thus refer to it as a "Cruise Night" event and booking a cruise at that event can result in getting this coupon book when you embark the ship.

8 hours ago, caribill said:

I think they are referring to events travel agents hold where they have representatives from one or more cruise companies present to promote cruising. They hold this on some evening and thus refer to it as a "Cruise Night" event and booking a cruise at that event can result in getting this coupon book when you embark the ship.

I never thought of that.  But I did not attend anything at the travel agency.  But when I booked this cruise I was 1.000 miles away from her agency,  maybe I booked the same day she was holding a special.

25 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

I never thought of that.  But I did not attend anything at the travel agency.  But when I booked this cruise I was 1.000 miles away from her agency,  maybe I booked the same day she was holding a special.

My agent is across the country also. Though I think that is where the term "cruise night" comes from. People would attend an event, go home and talk about it and call the agent a few days later and book with a reduced deposit.

My TA can request $100 booking deposit specials several times a  year and she seems to get the coupons added to bookings around the same time (I think). 

Edited by Coral