Blue Bay Beach

OCruisers

Have any of you been to Blue Bay Beach recently?

Especially interested in those who booked with their cruise line ... no matter which cruise line since most contract with the same operator.  

It's been decades (really over 20 years) since we've been to that side of the island so would very much appreciate your help!  

I have not been on a cruise excursion as I live here but the snorkeling was pretty good there a few weeks ago and has been consistently good IMO in the past 10 months.  You can also take a taxi there, current rates for taxis are in the picture

taxi rates.jpeg

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, OCruisers said:

Thanks so very much for replying and for the helpful info.  

Is there a bar with "deep shade" overlooking the water?  

There is a bar there right on the beach with shade - depending on how the sun is of course!

5 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Thanks!  Sounds like a great bar for us!  :classic_cool:

Happy to help - sorry I don't have a picture of it but there are some on their website.  It's a fun place and not a "man made" sandy bottom beach.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:44 AM, bup1224 said:

I have not been on a cruise excursion as I live here but the snorkeling was pretty good there a few weeks ago and has been consistently good IMO in the past 10 months.  You can also take a taxi there, current rates for taxis are in the picture

taxi rates.jpeg

It's hard to see the sign. Does it say $30 to Blue Bay?

We are very  seriously considering an afternon excursion (12:45 - 4:15)   with Princess to Blue Bay for $59.95 pp.  on our upcoming cruise in January on Caribbean Princess.  

We're aren't so much concerned about  a less expensive way as we are about easy & convenient so seems the best choice for us.  

LuLu 

12 hours ago, OCruisers said:

We are very  seriously considering an afternon excursion (12:45 - 4:15)   with Princess to Blue Bay for $59.95 pp.  on our upcoming cruise in January on Caribbean Princess.  

We're aren't so much concerned about  a less expensive way as we are about easy & convenient so seems the best choice for us.  

LuLu 

Wow, that seems expensive! We are doing RCI's Blue Bay Beach Break next month, also for the ease and convenience, for the euro equivalent of $33 pp. Admittedly we got that price during a sale but even so the "normal" price is $39 pp. Our times are 9.15 - 1.15 and the price includes a lounger and a bottle of water. Maybe yours includes some food, for that price?

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2018 at 10:49 AM, FionaMG said:

Wow, that seems expensive! We are doing RCI's Blue Bay Beach Break next month, also for the ease and convenience, for the euro equivalent of $33 pp. Admittedly we got that price during a sale but even so the "normal" price is $39 pp. Our times are 9.15 - 1.15 and the price includes a lounger and a bottle of water. Maybe yours includes some food, for that price?

I am also going to blue bay with RC cruise in Dec for $33pp....  

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:44 PM, bup1224 said:

taxi rates.jpeg

Thank you for the info on Blue Bay Beach. I believe you've sold us on a visit there in February.

• 2 weeks later...

Blue Bay looks like a great option.  Is it a public beach or part of the nearby resort?  What is the cost for sunbeds/umbrellas if you do not use a cruise line excursion?  We typically prefer to arrange our own transportation for flexibility (and often cost savings).  Thanks.

17 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Blue Bay looks like a great option.  Is it a public beach or part of the nearby resort?  What is the cost for sunbeds/umbrellas if you do not use a cruise line excursion?  We typically prefer to arrange our own transportation for flexibility (and often cost savings).  Thanks.

Got this email reply when I sent that exact question to the resort............

image.thumb.png.d449fe943f8a797ee8ba48dcd2a3bf45.png

Hope that helps! (that $8 USD is per person)

Edited by NateUpNorth