Blue Bay Beach

OCruisers

16 minutes ago, ridgerunner51 said:

Was it loud?  We went to a Mambo Beach at another island and it was so loud I really disliked it.  We were with a ship excursion and needed to stay in the area.  I am afraid this one will be loud too.

I don't remember it being loud even though these pics were taken at the busier end. However, if you walk farther along it becomes less busy and is probably quieter.

16 minutes ago, MJK Cruiser said:

Is this Mambo Beach in Curacao?  Did you do an excursion to get there or go on your own?  Was also wondering just how far it is from the ship to the tour buses.  Thx

Yes, it is. I believe it's also known as Seaquarium Beach.

We went on an independent excursion with Irie Tours, that did a city tour, followed by a stop at the distillery and then on to the beach for a couple of hours.

The buses are right by the ship if you park at the main pier and a couple of hundred yards away if you park at the secondary one. In the picture below, which is taken from the pool deck of Navigator, parked at the main pier, you can see where the tour buses are lined up. The secondary pier is to your left as you are looking at the picture.

If you prefer do go it alone, you can simply get a taxi from the white tent marked with a red arrow. Taxi prices are for the vehicle for up to 4 people.

20181128_191542.jpg

20181128_2254681754810803.jpeg

Edited by FionaMG

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2018 at 9:44 AM, bup1224 said:

I have not been on a cruise excursion as I live here but the snorkeling was pretty good there a few weeks ago and has been consistently good IMO in the past 10 months.  You can also take a taxi there, current rates for taxis are in the picture

taxi rates.jpeg

As a local I hope you can help.  We want to go back to Shete Boka.  It truly is one of my favorite places anywhere.  Can you suggest the best way to get there?  Last time we were in Curacao we had a private driver who took us to most of the amazing island.  I really want to go to Shete Boka and then some beach.   Ideas?

Thank you so much!

7 hours ago, Sea-Bos said:

As a local I hope you can help.  We want to go back to Shete Boka.  It truly is one of my favorite places anywhere.  Can you suggest the best way to get there?  Last time we were in Curacao we had a private driver who took us to most of the amazing island.  I really want to go to Shete Boka and then some beach.   Ideas?

Thank you so much!

Take a look at Irie Tours, I believe one of there tours goes there.

On 9/7/2019 at 2:37 AM, Sea-Bos said:

Thank you so much!

My Wife and I just did a tour  in Curacao and we went with Gone Caribe, it's a private tour  so you can go at your own pace. You can customize for a half day trip and all the entrances of the activities are included in the price. 

• Like 1