It is getting worst‼️

jelayne

Ok, I never have gotten emails of posts - I didn’t want any.  Now some how I am getting mails of random posts that I don’t give a d—— about and can’t figure out how to stop them.

I can get to my Roll Calls, a  round about way but if I try to post something it picks some ramdon post to quote.  So I’m trying to post about a tour and it picks a post about someone’s cruise on an entirely different cruise line to quote.  Just can’t post to a Roll Call without the site selecting a post for me to quote.

a classic case of it wasn’t broke until they fixed it.😡

To disable email notifications click on the bell at the top right of the page. In the top right of the form that pops click Notification Settings. Selecting Do not send me notifications should stop the email. Click Save after making changes.

To add a post to a thread click the Reply to this topic at the top or bottom of the items.

Edited by broberts

Thanks for the help.  I click Reply to this topic which worked earlier but in the last 6-7 hours insists in finding some post to quote.  I don’t see anything that resembles a bell at the top right of the page.  This is what I see.

076AB0E6-CBAF-46A5-830D-EEC2F9AEF6EC.thumb.png.127a58b51cef4e11dd0ff2033a96011d.png

Thanks I found the bell,  went to notifications and the only thing checked was “ do not send me notifications.”  I unchecked it and rechecked it maybe that will work.

Hopefully they will fix some of the bugs or reinstate the old site until this one works.

Edited by jelayne
Typo

4 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Where are my subscribed threads?  ...

If you go to the menu, three short horizontal lines in the upper right of the screen, the drop down shows at the top a bell icon and a mail icon. Tap the bell icon, you’ll see a list of notifications about activity in threads you’ve participated in recently.

8 hours ago, broberts said:

If you scroll down below the save button there is another set of options in two columns. You could uncheck all settings in the email column. There is another save button below those settings.

Yes...you must scroll down to the second list to turn off ALL notifications, if that is what you want. Also make sure the Notifucation button on each of the posts is set to OFF

The program still re prints wierd random posts ( TMI syndrome),  but I just try to erase them..or ask that they be ignored..

Have to work around it all to get almost  back to how it was  before the changes but it is doable.

.some  helpful features gone..type size, color print..etc.

2 hours ago, joand452 said:

No more Back to Top button!  Never realized how much I used that feature until it was gone. 

I really miss the CC app. I can’t figure out how to save threads.  Hope all the bugs get worked out soon. 

On Android, double tap of the menu button right side of the CC banner should scroll the page to the top.

I can’t see anything with this white background. They took what was an easy to navigate app & made a nightmare. If you’re trying to acces in a mobile device watch out for HUGE data charges. I really think they took the rejects from Royal/Celebrity IT

Bring back the easy to use app & get rid of this awful white background!

Edited by awhfy

40 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

If you are on an iPad or like device touch at the top of the screen and it scrolls back to the top of the page.

Phil

Thanks for the hint!  And it works!

Miss the ease of the app, as I prefer to use my iPad. 

The Celebrity Board is probably not the correct place to post your bugs and glitches as they will probably not be seen by the administrator or developers.

They have created a separate board to report bugs and glitches -  A number that I have posted there have been fixed.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/861-report-bugs-glitches/

9 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

This is what I am missing most.  I found that a really useful feature.

I actually started a thread about the "back to top" button.  The suggestion was made that you can get to the top of a page on an iPhone by double tapping above the search bar.  It does work but is not part of Cruise Critic.  And also told to use the Home button on a computer.  These are work-arounds that substitute for the omission on the Cruise Critic website.  Definitely less frustrating than scrolling back to the top on a regular basis but can't help wondering why the button disappeared in the redo of

the site.

Edited by cruisin lady ca

1 hour ago, cruisin lady ca said:

I actually started a thread about the "back to top" button.  The suggestion was made that you can get to the top of a page on an iPhone by double tapping above the search bar.  It does work but is not part of Cruise Critic.  And also told to use the Home button on a computer.  These are work-arounds that substitute for the omission on the Cruise Critic website.  Definitely less frustrating than scrolling back to the top on a regular basis but can't help wondering why the button disappeared in the redo of

the site.

There's a lot on the new site I don't care for, but maybe the reason those features were omitted is the browser's native features work fine and didn't need to be programmed into the site? At least for this problem.

8 hours ago, joand452 said:

No more Back to Top button!  Never realized how much I used that feature until it was gone. 

I really miss the CC app. I can’t figure out how to save threads.  Hope all the bugs get worked out soon. 

I also miss the app.  The website does not function well on an android phone.