Miami Hotel help please

Ms Jo UK

We have been to Miami several times and usually stay in South beach this time we are thinking we would like to stay in the downtown side.  I wondered which of these 3 hotels are considered the nicest as in facilities, ambience and service (I have listed them in the prices I am seeing, with the cheapest first.  

1.  Epic

2.  Marriott

4 Embassy Grand

TIA

Is choice number two the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown/Brickell or the Marriott Biscayne Bay? Either way if the Epic is less expensive it would win out, Kimpton hotels generally being a good step up in ambiance and furnishing.

ETA: just realized could be comparing the JW Marriott Miami (on Brickell Ave) as well; a good deal more luxurious than the other two Marriott properties. Will have to wait for one of this board's Brickell denizens to confirm whether it outranks Kimpton Epic.

And your third choice has be baffled: Embassy Grand is not a brand name used in the USA; I see many in Canada and elsewhere in the world but could find no definitive answer as to its parent company in order to narrow it down to a specific property in Downtown Miami. Perhaps you could give us the street address.

Edited by fishywood

5 hours ago, Ms Jo UK said:

We have been to Miami several times and usually stay in South beach this time we are thinking we would like to stay in the downtown side.  I wondered which of these 3 hotels are considered the nicest as in facilities, ambience and service (I have listed them in the prices I am seeing, with the cheapest first.  

1.  Epic

2.  Marriott

4 Embassy Grand

TIA

So sorry for posting before my first cup of coffee of the morning.  I meant

1.  Epic

2. Marriott Biscayne

3.Doubletree Grand Biscayne

It would be for 3 nights post cruise.

Thanks

This is a writeup i have done on this board for downtown Miami Hotels.  Thought it might be helpful and provide additional options for you.

Keith

We spend about one week in Miami each year before a cruise.

Not knowing your price point that you want to spend on a room I will give you several selections; some of which have been mentioned.

They are all within about one mile of each other.

Close to the Port:

Intercontinental

Marriott Marquis (about six years old)

Epic Hotel (priciest of the ones I am mentioning).  Avoid a room on a lower floor as you may hear quite a bit of noise from a nearby bridge.

Holiday Inn (some like it but I would recommend the other two)

Hyatt (I like the location better of the first three even though it is close by)

These hotels are about five minutes from the port.  Near restaurants and CVS Pharmacy which is good to pick up last minute items and near a Whole Foods.  

Just a couple of minutes further from the port

Mandarin Oriental (priciest of the ones mentioned).  Private man made beach.

About 10 minutes from the port or maybe 15 depending on traffic but relatively close so no worries.

JW Marriott

Conrad Hilton

East Miami (relative new hotel so doesn't get mentioned much and is near the new Brickell Centre.  More on Brickell in a moment.)

And then just another few minutes away 

Four Seasons (like Mandarin a bit pricier then most I've listed) but in a very quiet location.

Hampton Inn (a lot of value here.  It is not a full service hotel but it is a nice Hampton and includes breakfast)

The last group of hotels I have mentioned starting with Mandarin Oriental and ending with Hampton Inn are near lots of restaurants.

There is Mary Brickell Village and right near there are lots of restaurants (for Italian I like Perricone's) and also near two CVS Pharmacies (JW Marriott right next to a 24 hour one) and near Publix (there are two in the area) where you can pick up lots of last minute items.

Then there is the new Brickell Centre which opened last in 2016.  Lots of stores and restaurants.

I have stayed at some of these hotels and have been inside each and everyone.

Again, they represent a wide range of price points.

Keith

BTW, they are having a sale...not sure if the dates work for you, join their loyalty program and you will get 30% off selected hotels (MIami was one of them) for travel until end of February.....PM if you want me to send the link (I am in their loyalty program)

Thanks everyone our stay date is end of April 2019 so I have held a refundable at the Epic and will see if the sale rates cover my dates as the time gets nearer.

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Here is the loyalty program for the Epic.

https://www.ihg.com/kimptonhotels/content/us/en/kimpton-karma

Thank you for this

• Like 1