Celebrity Infinity-any recent cruisers?

jargey3000

we're considering the 4-day cruise on Infinity in November. just wondering if anyone's been on her recently, and can offer any comments on the general condition of the ship ( she' s apparently Celebity's oldest), the food, any other aspects etc.?

Theres not a lot of current comments in the review sites...

1 hour ago, jargey3000 said:

we're considering the 4-day cruise on Infinity in November. just wondering if anyone's been on her recently, and can offer any comments on the general condition of the ship ( she' s apparently Celebity's oldest), the food, any other aspects etc.?

Theres not a lot of current comments in the review sites...

I will be on Next week. Wont expect much as is an old ship.

We are on her now.  She is older, yes, but still in relatively good shape.  The rooms need updating, but nothing is so bad that I would complain.  We are in a Sky Suite so we eat in Luminae.  Of course, food is subjective, but we feel the food has been fabulous, up to Celebrity standards. The crew, all of them, have been very warm and friendly.  Having  great time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

thanks for the comment Phazz. enjoy the cruise!

we're looking at booking down in 'steerage'! :) lol  Deck 3. Cabin in the 31xx range. I think these were cabins added when last refurbished? so...they may be a bit 'newer"..?

not sure what Luminae is ...prob. an upcharge restaurant?

Have you eaten in the MDR or buffet at all?

39 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

...jeez.... just reading about the "accident" Infinity had , docking up in Alaska, in 2016..

left a hole in the port side of the ship!!!

should I be concerned ? I can't swim!!!   🙂

No problem. You will be issued a life jacket. 

I am happy to hear that she is in good shape.  We will be on Nov.1 in Aqua Class for a 4 day cruise, can't wait.  My husband and I will be relaxing, eating and enjoying a couple of beers.  I will write a review when I am back. I am sure that we will have a great time.

4 hours ago, aquashores said:

Phxazz, hope you're enjoying your cruise!  I board on Wednesday, also Sky Suite.  can you please tell me who the M'D and Sommelier are in Luminae?  Also do you know who the Michael's Club concierge is?  Any info much appreciated! 

The MD is Bruno.  A very very nice man.  He has been great.  The Sommelier is Milo.  The Michael's Club Concierge is Shiela and she is wonderful.  Any more questions, feel free to ask and ENJOY your cruise

4 hours ago, jargey3000 said:

thanks for the comment Phazz. enjoy the cruise!

we're looking at booking down in 'steerage'! 🙂 lol  Deck 3. Cabin in the 31xx range. I think these were cabins added when last refurbished? so...they may be a bit 'newer"..?

not sure what Luminae is ...prob. an upcharge restaurant?

Have you eaten in the MDR or buffet at all?

Luminae is the restaurant for Suite Guests only.  We have not eaten in MDR, but have ordered food in Luminae off of the MDR menu.  It has been very very good.  Put on 10 pounds so far.......

4 hours ago, jargey3000 said:

...jeez.... just reading about the "accident" Infinity had , docking up in Alaska, in 2016..

left a hole in the port side of the ship!!!

should I be concerned ? I can't swim!!!   🙂

We were actually on that cruise.  The Captain did an amazing job.  We were in the Penthouse on that cruise and we came very close to hitting the ship that was already docked.  If we would have hit that ship instead of the pier it would have been much much worse.  The damage was minimal.  Nothing to be concerned about !!!

4 minutes ago, aquashores said:

Thanks for your reply! you disembarked today? Was Milo helpful? I always rely on the Sommelier to help me chose something suitable, I always find them super  helpful and they seem to know exactly what to serve me by Day 2!

no, we do not disembark until Wednesday morning  Honestly, Mia was good, but not one of the best sommeliers we have had.  enjoy your cruise

Edited by Phxazzcruisers

18 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Luminae is the restaurant for Suite Guests only.  We have not eaten in MDR, but have ordered food in Luminae off of the MDR menu.  It has been very very good.  Put on 10 pounds so far.......

lol....Phxazz, do you happen to have the name & email address for the Infinity's Cruise Director, or Guest Relations Mgr......or somebody in that type of position?

thanks.

1 minute ago, jargey3000 said:

lol....Phxazz, do you happen to have the name & email address for the Infinity's Cruise Director, or Guest Relations Mgr......or somebody in that type of position?

thanks.

The current Cruise Director is Luigi De La Cruz and the current Guest Relations Director is a lovely woman named Eunice Teixeira.  They do not, however, publish their email addresses.  Sorry

20 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

ahhh...ok

gee....i wonder why not???👶

edit: just noticed..."Luigi de la Cruz" what a great name for a cruise director!

you sure your not pullin' my leg 🙂

They would receive too many emails with too many questions.  not enough time in the day for them as it is.....   Luigi is his name, I am not pulling your leg. 🙂