Serenade of the “C’s” I Mean “I’s” – Ice Bergs, Iceland, Ice Caps and Ice Cream

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:27 AM, A&L_Ont said:

SailorJack, you had me laughing at the pool. The people around me are wondering what I have, and if it’s contagious. As always well done, and I am look forward to seeing the pics. 

Starting to post the pictures...hope you enjoy them.

Jack

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:18 PM, Yorkvillain said:

Bravo SJ. You are in your own league when it comes to reviews on this forum. Amazing. And perhaps your greatest closing line ever.  

Thanks.  I  gave a lot of thought about writing that last line, but it was just too good to pass up. Where else can you work a Wonderbra into a cruise review!:classic_biggrin:

Jack

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:46 PM, molsonschooner said:

I have been on Cruise critic for a few years now. Even though I have read from many people that your reviews are awesome, I had never read one. Until now. I should have listened to these people. This was very informative yet still very funny. Nice job

You should have tried the poutine. 

Thanks for those kind words. I actually regret not at least trying it when I was in Halifax, and will remedy that oversight on my next visit home!:classic_biggrin:

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:42 AM, h20skibum said:

Great read SJ.   We encountered one of the Spotted Dick Restaurants in Toronto.  Evidently they did not get the memo to change it to Richard.  I would post a photo, but don't want to break your photo sequence.

Carry on.

Glad you enjoyed it. I had no idea there was actually a restaurant named Spotted Dick!  Feel free to post your photo - there are probably a lot of people who have not heard of spotted dick.

1 hour ago, SailorJack said:

Glad you enjoyed it. I had no idea there was actually a restaurant named Spotted Dick!  Feel free to post your photo - there are probably a lot of people who have not heard of spotted dick.

You never know where you will find The Spotted Dick.

DSCN1181.JPG

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:20 PM, wassup4565 said:

Thank you for a great read.  Such an intinerary!  Our TA on Brilliance a few years ago stopped at Reykjavik for two days (one night) and we were so enthralled with that country we’ve since travelled back there twice.  Flew over Greenland on one return trip, and I was so happy to read your account of actually visiting there.  

Glad you enjoyed it.  There is so much to see there, we are looking forward to a return trip.

Jack

We have finally docked in Stravenger and have pulled up next to the Viking Star.  Ironically, this was the ship that we had tried to book but lost out as it was fully booked. The same itinerary as the Serenade,  but no regrets - the Serenade was a great ship!

45006996394_34cdd5ff9f_o.jpg

We are ashore and are greeted with a very colorful introduction to the city.

31860373678_b9da7c7d2a_o.jpg

The ship is docked right downtown and there was a very nice promenade as we disembarked.

31860388318_08f3d51b4e_o.jpg

On 10/20/2018 at 10:49 AM, SailorJack said:

Photos coming as soon as I can edit them. Sorry for the long review.  I edited out quite a bit, but still wound up with about three type written pages more than I usually use, but there was so much to see and do on this cruise!

When it is a Sailor Jack review, the longer the better!  This was great!  Thank you for sharing with the rest of us!

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:14 PM, bobmacliberty said:

Finally getting a chance to read this.  Fantastic read!  Keel Bill?  Really??

Very interesting itinerary.  This one goes on my cruises in retirement list.

One of my favorite movies - especially Volume 1!:classic_biggrin:

It is a great itinerary - why wait for retirement? :classic_biggrin:

Jack

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:05 PM, jagsfan said:

I’m so very happy to be able to read one of your reviews again. 

I want to tell you I have taught a multitude of people how to walk like an Egyptian even though I get the very unsophisticated giggles every time. 

Glad you enjoyed it. That was a fun trip and I was really not exaggerating (much) when I described how you had to walk inside a pyramid - especially if you are well over 6 feet tall!:classic_biggrin: