Serenade of the “C’s” I Mean “I’s” – Ice Bergs, Iceland, Ice Caps and Ice Cream

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:15 PM, BigNance said:

When it is a Sailor Jack review, the longer the better!  This was great!  Thank you for sharing with the rest of us!

Thanks for your patience to read the whole thing!:classic_biggrin: Glad you enjoyed it.

Jack

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:28 AM, BigNance said:

HMmmm.  Does that last one pay the passengers??  For operating the bilge pumps??

That was sort of our thought.:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:  All of the other ships looked great so we wondered if they gave a discount!

Jack

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:46 AM, critterchick said:

Thanks for helping me relive the experience! We found a great little Thai place in Qaqortoq. Unfortunately they were too busy for me to ask why they chose that town to move to from Thailand.

I missed that restaurant!  Actually I am quite surprised that they even had  a restaurant there - we didn't see anything that even hinted at that.  You must have sharper eyes than us.

Jill fell in love with the little gnomes.  They were everywhere. We wondered it they had something to do with Norwegian folk lore, but didn't get around to asking anyone.  Anyway, here are some of the pictures Jill took.

44059633680_84b84b31fd_o.jpg

44059632550_b925339c5b_o.jpg

44059630320_38b1ce09e2_o.jpg

And just in case you wanted to take one home as a souvenir....

45876164001_fd1186542a_o.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 3:22 PM, SailorJack said:

Prices may steady up a bit.  This itinerary is becoming very popular and several cruise lines are doing it. With more competition, prices may hold or even come down. We tried to book this cruise on Viking, but they were booked solid when we tried - you may want to take a look at them. With all the perks they add, the total cost would have been  less than what we paid on RCL. Whatever you decide, I hope you can do it - the itinerary is fantastic!

Jack

Serenade will not be doing this itinerary in 2020 as she will be in Alaska that summer..  still waiting to find out what ship and itinerary will replace it.    Maybe Anthem with a modified itinerary (Southampton to Bayonne)?   They just posted her summer 2020 sailings from Southampton and the last one listed ends in late August .... hmmmm..   (I still like the Copenhagen to Boston version... hope they still do it)..

I guess I'll have to wait another 3 weeks till they release the European itineraries for summer 2020...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American friends !!!

Steve

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:16 AM, stevea36 said:

Serenade will not be doing this itinerary in 2020 as she will be in Alaska that summer..  still waiting to find out what ship and itinerary will replace it.    Maybe Anthem with a modified itinerary (Southampton to Bayonne)?   They just posted her summer 2020 sailings from Southampton and the last one listed ends in late August .... hmmmm..   (I still like the Copenhagen to Boston version... hope they still do it)..

I guess I'll have to wait another 3 weeks till they release the European itineraries for summer 2020...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American friends !!!

Steve

I hope they run it again for you. As I have posted before, several cruise lines are running a very similar itinerary - if you are not committed to RCI.

Jack

4 hours ago, flamingos said:

Thank you for the review!  We are waiting for this itinerary to open up for 2020, and we have to wait a few weeks.  I am looking forward to it even more!

We aren't big cruisers - maybe 20 or so - and if you have read any of my other reviews you can tell that we enjoyed them all.  That said, there was something special about this one.  The itinerary was outstanding and the only thing missing for us was not seeing the Northern Lights in Iceland. I know you are going to enjoy it also and hopefully you will see the Lights!:classic_biggrin:

Jack

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:33 PM, pacruise804 said:

The outline of the fort reminds me of the Citadel in Halifax.

You have a good eye!  It looks just like the Citadel.  Our last stop on this cruise was Halifax and visiting the citadel was one of the highlights of that port. I think the star design was in vogue back in those days.  Fort McHenry in Baltimore had a similar design.

Jack

• Thanks 1