Lahaina Luau, Maui

brnsofia

• 3 weeks later...

@CruiserBruce or anyone familiar with the tender dock to Old Lahaina Luau walking route.  Is the area one would walk through safe to walk around at night?

For some reason my travel agent really tried to convince us that we needed to taxi.  The show ends at 8:15 p.m. and the ship stops tender operations around 10:30 p.m.  Even if we mosey and saunter along, it would not take us two hours to walk a bit more than a mile.

I tried a search, but none of the posts talked about night time or safety. Which makes me think it is a non issue. But just to be safe, I wanted to ask the specific question.

Thank you for any info you provide.

Ann

Edited by cat shepard
Misspellings

@cat shepard it is safe to walk there. You would be going through a residential area, then through downtown Lahaina, all on Front Street, until you get to the harbor. I believe there is sidewalk the entire way...maybe a little dirt walking area near the Luau. By Google maps, it is 1.2 miles. 

2 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

@cat shepard it is safe to walk there. You would be going through a residential area, then through downtown Lahaina, all on Front Street, until you get to the harbor. I believe there is sidewalk the entire way...maybe a little dirt walking area near the Luau. By Google maps, it is 1.2 miles. 

Thank you so much @CruiserBruce!

I suspect we will not be the only ones doing this walk after the luau. And it will be a perfect way to end a magical evening - weather permitting.