Carnival Western Excursions

southwardbound

We are a party of 7 and are first time cruisers. We would like more information on a couple of excursions. Because we are traveling in April(crowds) and are first timers we felt more comfortable staying with Carnival excursions (althought we did thinks about shark ray alley with Coral Breeze). These are the questions:

Costa Maya: Carnival's camtamaran and snorkel excursion....where does it go to? Is this a fun excursion?

Belize: Carnival's excursion to Goff's Caye or Horsehoe reef and Stingray village(is tha the same as shark/ray alley?) We have not heard of Horseshoe reef and we were wondering what other's experience was with snorkeling in Belize. There is another snorkel trip that Carnival offers in Belize as well.

Thanks for your help.:)

Thanks for your imput. I tried posting at the ports of call thread before posting to request information here, and to date no one has responded. We are looking forward to our cruise!:)

Except MEEEEE!!! :D I responded on Belize...UNFORTUNATLY....I have not experienced it yet!!

It is true....I did a bunch of searches and there is very little info on the Carnival tours over there. I did find a couple however so if you have not seen them let me know and I will try to re-find them and link them to you.

Another note....I DID go to other cruiseline message boards and read the reviews posted there by people who were on ships to these ports and was able to get some info that way. This does not specifically pertain to Carnival but it seems to me that since Belize Paradise (for the Horshoe Reef/Shark Alley tour) lists the cruiselines and will not take reservations but rather tells you to book via the cruiseline....well they must be doing all the cruiselines tours.

Did that last bit make sense? :rolleyes:

We sailed the Glory (western) last April and had a stop in Belize. We did the Goff's Caye excursion and it was good but to be honest, the snorkeling at Chanakaab Park in Cozumel was a million times better. The convenience of Goff's Caye is that you are picked up right at the ship and brought back. The times have probably changed but we did the early am tour and it was perfect for us. The boat (for the tour) was full and the snorkeling was okay. I was concerned in that many people chose to snorkel from the beach instead of the boat and it was pretty physically challenging. Many folks turned back and it was difficult to hear our guide in the water. The island is very, very tiny but it was fun. I couldn't believe my husband actually bought a chicken kabob from a local and it was very good. He's very particular about food, etc., but I didn't say a word! We were back on the ship by lunch...had lunch on the ship, cleaned up and then tendered into the village area which doesn't take long to see.

If I was going back to Belize, I would do the River Wallace and Altun Ha tour. We talked with several people who took this tour and loved it. Plus, it's gotten rave reviews on the port of call board.

I wouldn't do an independent tour on Belize (just my opinion of course) but many people do. I talked with two ladies that didn't have a tour and had to wait a couple of hours before getting a tender. Their plans for the day were nearly ruined because of it but they made the best of it.

I'm wondering about the Costa Maya Uvero Boat Blast and Beach snorkeling. Has anyone done it??

Archived