Escape Questions

nillis

Hi - going on the Escape soon and have some questions that I've not been able to find any answers for:

1. I understand that some specialty restaurants have themed cocktails (for example Teppanyaki). If you're not eating there are you still able to get a drink there - for example are there  bar areas in the restaurants  like  Margaritaville?  
  2. I know that getting a sun lounger can be a competitive sport! I'm not too fussed about sitting near the pool - but would like to sit in the shade. Are there many sun loungers that have shade and is it hard to get these?
  3. I've not booked any specialty restaurants in advance and I'm not planning on doing so until we get on the ship. There's only two of us going and are quite flexible around what time we can eat -  do you think it will be difficult for us to get bookings at specialty restaurants? Don't have our hearts set on any particular restaurants so this isn't a big deal.
  4. how difficult is it to get signed up for the District Brewhouse league table? Should we head there as soon as we board and sign up? I understand that places are limited so would be happy to do so (but also want to book some comedy shows)
  5. Are you able to book comedy shows using the touchscreens on the ship when you board - or do you have to go to Headliners (I'm sure this has been answered but I just want to double check!)?

Any info is greatly appreciated - thanks!

3 - you can book the specialty restaurants onboard the ship. popular dinning times fill out fast. so it best to make a reservation asap. you can make a reservation using the touchscreens on the ship, visiting the restaurant reservation desk near guest services or by using the phone in your room

5 - comedy shows can be booked using the touchscreens or by visiting the box office next to the theater

9 minutes ago, nillis said:

Hi - going on the Escape soon and have some questions that I've not been able to find any answers for:

1. I understand that some specialty restaurants have themed cocktails (for example Teppanyaki). If you're not eating there are you still able to get a drink there - for example are there  bar areas in the restaurants  like  Margaritaville?  I honestly don't remember seeing a bar area at Teppenyaki, but the area by Cagney's and Moderno does have a bar.  
  2. I know that getting a sun lounger can be a competitive sport! I'm not too fussed about sitting near the pool - but would like to sit in the shade. Are there many sun loungers that have shade and is it hard to get these? Ones farther from the pool are usually easier to get, but even those on Sea Days are difficult. If you go one deck up from the pool, you can usually find something. 
  3. I've not booked any specialty restaurants in advance and I'm not planning on doing so until we get on the ship. There's only two of us going and are quite flexible around what time we can eat -  do you think it will be difficult for us to get bookings at specialty restaurants? Don't have our hearts set on any particular restaurants so this isn't a big deal. You can book when you get on the ship, but I'd suggest you go straightaway to reserve or you'll be eating at 9 pm
  4. how difficult is it to get signed up for the District Brewhouse league table? Should we head there as soon as we board and sign up? I understand that places are limited so would be happy to do so (but also want to book some comedy shows)
  5. Are you able to book comedy shows using the touchscreens on the ship when you board - or do you have to go to Headliners (I'm sure this has been answered but I just want to double check!)?

10 hours ago, nillis said:

1. I understand that some specialty restaurants have themed cocktails (for example Teppanyaki). If you're not eating there are you still able to get a drink there - for example are there  bar areas in the restaurants  like  Margaritaville?  No bar in Teppanyaki nor many specialty restaurants. Margaritaville bar is open to all (even if you are not dining there), but it has limited hours. 
  2. I know that getting a sun lounger can be a competitive sport! I'm not too fussed about sitting near the pool - but would like to sit in the shade. Are there many sun loungers that have shade and is it hard to get these? Around the pool, there are shaded loungers. Harder to find in other areas. 
  3. I've not booked any specialty restaurants in advance and I'm not planning on doing so until we get on the ship. There's only two of us going and are quite flexible around what time we can eat -  do you think it will be difficult for us to get bookings at specialty restaurants? Don't have our hearts set on any particular restaurants so this isn't a big deal. NCL holds tables for on-board booking. BUT, prime time dining will sell out quickly in all restaurants. You can book dinners at Headliners (Deck 6, Mid) on embarkation day or on any touch screen kiosk in public areas (near elevators) and the atrium. 
  5. Are you able to book comedy shows using the touchscreens on the ship when you board - or do you have to go to Headliners (I'm sure this has been answered but I just want to double check!)? Comedy shows can be booked on any touch screen kiosk. It is a small venue (Headliners), so they will sell out quickly. Alternately, you need to go to the box office to book shows, the Escape Room, and Canvas by U painting. The box office is located Deck 7, forward, starboard. 

Have a wonderful cruise. The Escape, like big ships on any cruise line, work better with reservations.

Our favorite eating place is Pincho Tapas bar for lunch. We use one of our SDP credits plus a $7 upcharge and keep ordering tapas until they throw us out. 

22 hours ago, nillis said:

I know that getting a sun lounger can be a competitive sport! I'm not too fussed about sitting near the pool - but would like to sit in the shade. Are there many sun loungers that have shade and is it hard to get these?

Spice H20 has loungers in the shade, you might have to relocate as the sun moves overhead

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 1