Norway (Geirangerfjord)

Cruzer Two

You have me wondering what would happen to the CC site if somebody like Terry (a very frequent poster and great photographer) was to start posting 25,000 posts...each with one of his travel photos :).  Just saying.

Hank

12 hours ago, Hlitner said:

You have me wondering what would happen to the CC site if somebody like Terry (a very frequent poster and great photographer) was to start posting 25,000 posts...each with one of his travel photos :).  Just saying.

Hank

Hank, I'm sorry you think I'm abusing CC. I thought the purpose of the website was sharing travel information. Like you, my only purpose in posting is to provide information that will help people plan their shore excursions. It appears that you have posted over 31,000 messages on CC compared to my 3,895 posts. Just saying! I've gotten lots of nice comments and questions about these videos. Yours is the first negative comment I've received.

Edited by Cruzer Two

2 hours ago, Cruzer Two said:

Hank, I'm sorry you think I'm abusing CC. I thought the purpose of the website was sharing travel information. Like you, my only purpose in posting is to provide information that will help people plan their shore excursions. It appears that you have posted over 31,000 messages on CC compared to my 3,895 posts. Just saying! I've gotten lots of nice comments and questions about these videos. Yours is the first negative comment I've received.

You are putting words into my mouth (or post).  I never used the word "abusing" but simply raised the issue of what would happen if lots of folks (or even one terrific photographer) filled these boards with thousands of posts...each with a single photo.   I have not figured out all the options on the new boards, but you might have noticed there is a tab near the top labeled "gallery" which appears to be an attempt by CC to provide a space for photos and even extensive photo albums.  I look forward to seeing lots of photos in that section (perhaps including yours).  

Hank

48 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

You are putting words into my mouth (or post).  I never used the word "abusing" but simply raised the issue of what would happen if lots of folks (or even one terrific photographer) filled these boards with thousands of posts...each with a single photo.   I have not figured out all the options on the new boards, but you might have noticed there is a tab near the top labeled "gallery" which appears to be an attempt by CC to provide a space for photos and even extensive photo albums.  I look forward to seeing lots of photos in that section (perhaps including yours).  

Hank

There is also a section labeled cruise videos! I guess it is up to the administrator to determine if the videos I'm posting violate CC policy.  Speaking of thousands of posts....I'll look forward to your next 30,000 posts regardless of the section you choose post under! Cheers!

4 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

As someone who is going on cruise to Norway for the first time next year,  I’d like to say thanks to you Cruzer Two for your 6 videos - they’ve really whet my appetite!

Thanks for your kind comment. Norway is beautiful. You will have a great time.

Ron

As someone who cruised to Norway this year, I have to say it was difficult to find many posts on CC about Norway. And Norway is amazing.  There were some excursions that I could not find anything on.

So I welcome the posts. I think those traveling in the future will benefit from them.

Edited by Coral

37 minutes ago, Coral said:

As someone who cruised to Norway this year, I have to say it was difficult to find many posts on CC about Norway. And Norway is amazing.  There were some excursions that I could not find anything on.

So I welcome the posts. I think those traveling in the future will benefit from them.

Thanks for the nice comments. The reasons you have listed is exactly why I decided to post some of my travel videos. I'm glad you enjoyed Norway.  It was wonderful!

BTY: In case anyone is interested, all six of my Norway videos combined have been viewed a total of 242,800 times on YouTube. :)

Edited by Cruzer Two

6 hours ago, Cruzer Two said:

in case anyone is interested, all six of my Norway videos combined have been viewed a total of 242,800 times on YouTube. 🙂

I’m guessing that Janteloven is one aspect of Norway that you weren’t terribly fond of! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate you dividing the videos into individual ports, as not every reader is interested in all 6 ports.

Plus, it is easier to read ( or view ) one topic at a time. 

Thanks for your good work, it is really helpful in my decision to go on a Norwegian fjord cruise, and to choose an itinerary that cover most of these ports.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, Tak said:

I appreciate you dividing the videos into individual ports, as not every reader is interested in all 6 ports.

Plus, it is easier to read ( or view ) one topic at a time. 

Thanks for your good work, it is really helpful in my decision to go on a Norwegian fjord cruise, and to choose an itinerary that cover most of these ports.

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm glad to know the video helped you make some decisions. This is exactly the reason I started making and sharing them. Several years ago I was looking for information on a port and all I could find was written reviews with lots of personal opinions. I started playing around with several programs and found one that is easy to use and offers lots of flexibility. I now have over 200 of these travel videos on YouTube that have been viewed by over a million and a quarter people. I don't make any money off the videos, but I really enjoy sharing the information. You thanks is enough compensation. Enjoy your cruise to the fjords.

Ron 

Edited by Cruzer Two

Thanks we are going in May 2019. What month did you go that there was still snow on the mountains? We are going to rent those electric cars for a few hours and I was wondering what time I should pick.  We arrive at 8am tendering in.  Would like to try and best the cruise buses heading to the same area.  Do you recall what time how early the tour buses leave?

6 hours ago, gogiantsfan29 said:

Thanks we are going in May 2019. What month did you go that there was still snow on the mountains? We are going to rent those electric cars for a few hours and I was wondering what time I should pick.  We arrive at 8am tendering in.  Would like to try and best the cruise buses heading to the same area.  Do you recall what time how early the tour buses leave?

We were there during the third week of June. We didn't take any tours in this port. Some of our fellow passengers disembarked at Hellesylt and took the bus excursion across the mountain to Geirange. The roads were clear, so they didn’t have a problem with snow.  It was mainly just the top of the peaks that were still covered. From Geirranger we hiked up the mountain to the Flydalsjuvet Overlook.  The scenery was just too beautiful to describe.  I’m sure you will love the cruise. Hope this helps!