QM2 Fitness Center question

ddgarner1

Do QM2 passengers wear their workout clothing to the fitness center?   I've seen a reference to lockers in the spa area and am curious is there are lockers available in the fitness area.   

7 hours ago, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

Do we need to bring gym shoes to be permitted to use the fitness center?

Out of respect for fellow users of the Fitness Centre, correct attire should be worn, 

You would not be allowed to use  your own gym in street shoes,  so why do you think the fitness centre on the ship should be any different.

General:  

Please note that proper gym attire should be worn to utilise the gym.

You may find the following questions useful:  Can I jog or run on board?  How many times around the PromenadeWhat activities are available on board? and Are there swimming pools on board and what are the opening times?

Edited by Pennbank

10 hours ago, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

Do we need to bring gym shoes to be permitted to use the fitness center?

I just walk to the fitness center in my trainers.You don't have to change that way.

16 hours ago, deck chair said:

HI

I have spend considerable time in the fitness center which is forward on deck 7.  You will observe all sorts of dress so don't worry about it.   Wear what is comfortable.  There are no lockers in the fitness center itself.

Deck Chair

Thanks, DC. I appreciate the cogent reply.  The potential of a locker was really at the heart of my question -- should I bring an extra small bag to carry my rather worn and ratty, yet incredibly comfy workout gear to and from the fitness center.

It has been my observation that most passengers wear their workout gear from their cabin to the workout facility.  They have towels and water coolers with cups.  There really isn't anywhere to change or to put any additional items.  Plan on changing in your cabin.

Towels are provided too. I've seen lots of different dress codes too, I am just always glad to see people exercising. They may not have planned to do this and therefore not had the right clothes with them. But they are still taking the opportunity to use the great facilities and keep those cruise pounds at bay. 

I go to the Fitness Center everyday while on board.  I wear my workout clothes from my stateroom and walk the corridor however far that is between the 2 locations with no withering looks from my fellow passengers, even when I  return all sweaty.  Don't worry about wearing your workout clothes around the ship.  No lockers at the fitness center.  Passengers wear all sorts of athletic shoes at the Center with no issues from either passengers or staff.  Note that the presence of staff in the Fitness Center is rather sketchy;  you are on your own.

4 hours ago, DaddyWarbucks said:

No problem wearing your workout clothing from your cabin to the gym and back.

Just as long as one doesn't decide to  pop into the main dining room  for a quick  breakfast, en-route back to the cabin. 

Couldn't help observing a couple of guys ( in their gym gear ) standing in line in front of me at breakfast ( Britannia Restaurant the other month,  September 2018) Turned away. ........Just saying.    :classic_wink: