California Coast return from Vancouver

Dreamer115

I have found one cruise in 2019 Vancouver, California, Vancouver.  But I didn't see one for 2018.  I'm asking all the regular Princess cruisers if it is normal to have one every year and 2018 was abnormal, or is it the other way around and it is abnormal to have that cruise.  If it is normal is it usually that late in the season (late October)?

We are hoping to do it in 2020 so I really hope it is normal.  If not I guess we will have to do the Seattle return trip.  

Connie

10 minutes ago, adoris said:

There was a 10 day Vancouver LA return in the Spring and another one on the Emerald end of September into October.

I don't see either of those at all.  There is only 1 cruise that comes up when I put in California Coastal 9 - 15 days and that is the one Oct 22, 2019.  Could you be more specific please so I can find those ones.

Thanks

Connie

I just went on the 10-day California Coastal on the Emerald. It was from Sept 24 - Oct 4, round trip from Vancouver.

We had stops in L.A. (San Pedro), San Diego, Santa Barbara and an overnight in San Francisco.

It's weird that it's not showing up in your searches...

1 minute ago, Deesquared said:

I just went on the 10-day California Coastal on the Emerald. It was from Sept 24 - Oct 4, round trip from Vancouver.

We had stops in L.A. (San Pedro), San Diego, Santa Barbara and an overnight in San Francisco.

It's weird that it's not showing up in your searches...

Once a cruise is done where is it going to show up?  They are gone!

• Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 10:49 PM, adoris said:

If you could get a 2018 brochure from a travel agency you would be able to see them listed.

Anybody can go to the Princess site and request cruise brochures or even the full Cruise Atlas. Princess will mail them to you or you can get them electronically. There is no requirement to be Platinum or Elite. Literally anybody can get these publications simply by asking.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/brochureList.page?selectedBrochures=

Edited by Thrak

25 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Anybody can go to the Princess site and request cruise brochures or even the full Cruise Atlas. Princess will mail them to you or you can get them electronically. There is no requirement to be Platinum or Elite. Literally anybody can get these publications simply by asking.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/brochureList.page?selectedBrochures=

What is a cruise atlas?  Thanks for the info, ordered one.

Edited by Dreamer115
info added

The Cruise Atlas shows all of the ships and all of their (scheduled) voyages for the entire upcoming year. It's "free" to Platinum and Elite folks (it's mailed as a hard copy "catalog") but is also free to everybody by simply requesting it online. They will not only give you the downloadable version but will actually mail you a real hard copy upon request. Really. I did this two years in a row before I was Platinum.

On 10/20/2018 at 10:21 PM, Dreamer115 said:

I have found one cruise in 2019 Vancouver, California, Vancouver.  But I didn't see one for 2018.  I'm asking all the regular Princess cruisers if it is normal to have one every year and 2018 was abnormal, or is it the other way around and it is abnormal to have that cruise.  If it is normal is it usually that late in the season (late October)?

We are hoping to do it in 2020 so I really hope it is normal.  If not I guess we will have to do the Seattle return trip.  

Connie

Ordering the Atlas won't help because it just shows the Oct 22, 2019 sailing.

The way to find out is look through the roll calls.  There was one this year in April 2018 on the Star Princess.    Not sure if there was one in October on that ship or another one but you search through to see.  I don't see a Spring 2020 one but there could be one in the fall.

On 10/21/2018 at 3:24 AM, Dreamer115 said:

Thanks at least I know they had one.  Did you enjoy it and how was the ship?  Did it have a covered pool by chance?  Haven't checked out the Emerald.

I enjoyed it, but it was a different crowd from a LA - Mexico cruise we did with the family last year. Nearly everyone was from Vancouver, and there were some large groups travelling together. This caused crowding in some areas like the International Cafe.

I loved the overnight stop in San Francisco. San Diego was nice too.

I like the Emerald. She is in good shape. Just needs a bit of refreshing maybe. We ate dinner in the MDR each night (anytime dining) and always enjoyed the selection of entrees. The MDR is quite loud, but that's just the way it is. We had one dinner in Share, which was awesome. So delicious, and also nice and quiet!

There is not an indoor pool on the Emerald. There are two main pools on Deck 15, along with hot tubs. There is an adult only pool on deck 14 aft (Terrace Pool), which I really liked. Close to the buffet/Cafe Caribe and a bar. There is also a small adult only pool underneath the Sancturary. Nice and quiet, with softer chairs.

Emerald does not have Sabatini's like some of the other ships. She does have Crown Grill and Share.