Which Terminal in Port Everglades?

Kartgv

It's been many years since we cruised to Florida and our first cruise on Holland America will be from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale in April.   Which terminal does Holland America usually use?  

Also, we're looking at hotels to stay one night after the cruise for an early flight home the next day.    The Hilton Marina looks good, but their website says nothing about any shuttles to/from the piers or the airport.    Are they available or is it necessary to take a cab or Uber?     

The Hilton Marina has a port shuttle, bur I think you need to take a a taxi or Uber to FLL. Figure on about $20 with tip to the airport. From Port Everglades to the hotel is less than $12. Well worth it, IMO. 

You won't have any problem getting a taxi, regardless of the pier.  Make certain you agree on the price prior to getting into the taxi, though.  Sadly, some taxi drivers last year were cheating passengers over the fare to the airport.  It was reported on CC.

As for what hotels offer shuttle service from the pier to the hotel, do a search online or call the hotel directly.  Some hotels require prior notification of pick-up which can be arranged when you make the reservation.

7 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

You won't have any problem getting a taxi, regardless of the pier.  Make certain you agree on the price prior to getting into the taxi, though.  Sadly, some taxi drivers last year were cheating passengers over the fare to the airport.  It was reported on CC.

As for what hotels offer shuttle service from the pier to the hotel, do a search online or call the hotel directly.  Some hotels require prior notification of pick-up which can be arranged when you make the reservation.

You don't agree on a price. You make sure the meter is on. There are many signs around the port saying "No flat rate fares".

Yes, it does say that; there are signs everywhere; however, last year, maybe year before that, many passengers going from the pier to the airport were charged an additional $18 fee from some unscrupulous cab drivers.  Certainly the fee can't be negotiated, but a taxi driver should have a good idea of an approximate cost from the pier to the airport, such as $24.  If it runs a little lower or higher because of lack of traffic or lots of traffic, then okay.  To add to that charge is dishonest.  Unfortunately, some passengers were taken advantage of, usually ones that didn't have the time to haggle or to call a cop because of rushing to catch a flight.  FLL taxi drivers received a bad reputation because of it.  Some posters on these boards complained about the practice.  

I see where the Nieuw Amsterdam is docking at Pier 26.  So is the Zuiderdam. https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

We will be sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam in December.  Once we disembark, we will embark on the Celebrity Edge.  The ship berths at Terminal 25.  Does anyone know if we can easily walk from  Terminal 26 to T-25, or is it too far to walk with luggage?

21 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

I see where the Nieuw Amsterdam is docking at Pier 26.  So is the Zuiderdam. https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

We will be sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam in December.  Once we disembark, we will embark on the Celebrity Edge.  The ship berths at Terminal 25.  Does anyone know if we can easily walk from  Terminal 26 to T-25, or is it too far to walk with luggage?

The terminal is currently being rebuilt to handle the Edge T25 access may change but I didn't think it was too far to walk in the past (depending in part on how much luggage). I used T25 in 2012 for Celebrity Solstice and at the time there was wifi in the terminal.  A couple of years later I was boarding a HAL ship at T26 and walked to 25 and back in search of wifi (unsuccessfully, the wifi may have been turned off or taken out)

Roy

In January, I will depart RCL Harmony, I expect from Pier 18 and will then embark on the

Koningsdam.  It seems to me that it is possible for us to walk from either pier 21 or 26.

From the picture shown, there is an RCL ship berthed at a pier which I assume it is Pier 18.

21 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

The ship berths at Terminal 25.  Does anyone know if we can easily walk from  Terminal 26 to T-25, or is it too far to walk with luggage?

It's about 750 feet, or 200 feet less than the length of the N.A.  :classic_smile:

4 hours ago, STANCPA44 said:

In January, I will depart RCL Harmony, I expect from Pier 18 and will then embark on the

Koningsdam.  It seems to me that it is possible for us to walk from either pier 21 or 26.

From the picture shown, there is an RCL ship berthed at a pier which I assume it is Pier 18.

That's actually a Celebrity S class ship at Pier 18 in the pic.  EM

5 hours ago, STANCPA44 said:

I would not personally (and I enjoy walking) try and walk from pier 18 to either 21 or 26 - narrow to non existent sidewalks, snaking roadways with heavy traffic/semis/ industrial vehicles and overall not designed to be pedestrian/baggage friendly.  I would instead try and hire an Uber/Lyft or grab a taxi - worth the small amount of $ and ease of movement.