Opinions on this cruise with a 10 year old boy

Kingseat

We are considering a 9 night from New York to Canada and New England early October 2019. 

I Understand longer cruises, colder cruises and cruises out with some holidays will be quieter with fewer children. October is our local schools holidays in Scotland for 2 weeks. Could I have some opinions as to whether or not you would with a child?    I presume cruises to warmer climates are likely to have more children. Thanks. 

I think any holiday is what you make of it, my 10 year old has loved any cruise we've been on, they just need to make one friend and they're set! And to be honest if that didn't work he'd have a blast hanging out with us instead. I'd take some cards/board games for if it was too cold to be out by the pool and we always travel with his ipad for if he needs some downtime. I'm not sure which ship you're looking at but we went on Anthem on a colder cruise and he absolutely loved the table tennis, dodgems and video game area.

Sorry, matj2000.  We were on the Anthem on Sept. 6 for the New England/Canada cruise and there were plenty of younger people aboard.  We had our 11 yr old granddaughter and while there were not very many kids on board there is enough to keep her busy.  She did the ifly, bumper cars (more than once), roller skating, trapazee, North Star, Escape Room, whatever was available for the day.  It was an awesome time and we will be on the Anthem again March 30.  Can't wait!!

10 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

That is not a popular school break time for most schools, and there won’t be a lot of kids on 9 day cruises, but I bet there will be some families that home school onboard. 

Yes, we'll be taking our two homeschooled girls on that same 9 day New England cruise in October 2019.

We cruised from Boston to Fort Lauderdale last October and as it overlapped our uk half term we took our kids. They were 11 and 8 at the time. They were 2 of only about 10 kids onboard but they absolutely loved it! Every activity they wanted to do was quiet so they had all the staff at their beckon call! They would’ve been happy to stay on the ship everyday! 

On 10/21/2018 at 6:43 AM, Kingseat said:

We are considering a 9 night from New York to Canada and New England early October 2019. 

I Understand longer cruises, colder cruises and cruises out with some holidays will be quieter with fewer children. October is our local schools holidays in Scotland for 2 weeks. Could I have some opinions as to whether or not you would with a child?    I presume cruises to warmer climates are likely to have more children. Thanks. 

It sounds like you want to take a cruise for your son to enjoy...  

I would recommend you look at a Disney to the Caribbean...

My wife and I did a 7 day New England a couple years ago (No Children, Did not see many either), we enjoyed it so much we are booked on a 9 Day out of Baltimore in October 2019..

Dennis & Sue