Fantastica drink vouchers

disneykins

We are on Seaside, Feb. 16, 2019 in an inside Fantastica cabin.  We do not have the unlimited beverage package but took the Fantastica cabin just to get the 12 drink coupons (don't drink too much so that suited us better than the package). Looking at my booking on the MSC website, I see that it says Fantastica but when it lists the benefits it says, "Bella benefits plus... free room service, preferred dining time, ideal stateroom location". Nowhere does it mention the free drink coupons? Is this normal or should it be written somewhere? I know they are doing away with the coupons but that is not until sometime in March.  When I do a mock booking on the website, it lists the same perks but when you click on details it says "free 12 drink vouchers". Another question, is it 12 vouchers per person or per cabin?

Thanks,

Tony

We are also on Seaside Feb. 16 in an inside Fantastica cabin.  We did not book the "drinks on  us" package, and we are fully expecting to get our 12 drink vouchers per person.  Our understanding is that this is still good until March, 2019.

9 hours ago, disneykins said:

We are on Seaside, Feb. 16, 2019 in an inside Fantastica cabin.  We do not have the unlimited beverage package but took the Fantastica cabin just to get the 12 drink coupons (don't drink too much so that suited us better than the package). Looking at my booking on the MSC website, I see that it says Fantastica but when it lists the benefits it says, "Bella benefits plus... free room service, preferred dining time, ideal stateroom location". Nowhere does it mention the free drink coupons? Is this normal or should it be written somewhere? I know they are doing away with the coupons but that is not until sometime in March.  When I do a mock booking on the website, it lists the same perks but when you click on details it says "free 12 drink vouchers". Another question, is it 12 vouchers per person or per cabin?

Thanks,

Tony

The 12 drinks coupon is no longer offered.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:12 AM, disneykins said:

Thanks,

Tony

Hi Tony,

Today I called MSC and asked if we still get the 12 drink vouchers per person since we have the Fantastica experience and do not have any other drink package or promotion with our booking.  The agent said yes we will get it, even though it will not appear on our MSC booking per se, she told me to look at the Fantastic perks (the same place you looked when you did a mock booking).  I printed this out and plan to take it with me.  Feel free to call MSC and let me know if you get the same answer!

Barbara

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:39 PM, relaxatsea said:

Hi Tony,

Today I called MSC and asked if we still get the 12 drink vouchers per person since we have the Fantastica experience and do not have any other drink package or promotion with our booking.  The agent said yes we will get it, even though it will not appear on our MSC booking per se, she told me to look at the Fantastic perks (the same place you looked when you did a mock booking).  I printed this out and plan to take it with me.  Feel free to call MSC and let me know if you get the same answer!

Barbara

Thanks Barbara, I'm sure that's what will happen. I haven't been able to get through to MSC by phone, 40 minutes on hold. I'll print it out and take it with me too.

Tony

Would appreciate any insights.  We booked a Fantasica balcony, from Ireland just recently for a few weeks time  Its a med cruise, dont see any mention of either a drinks package or vouchers included.  Does anyone know?  We will need to book something if we dont have anything included.  Many thanks.

1 hour ago, oreilln said:

We booked a Fantasica balcony, from Ireland just recently for a few weeks time  Its a med cruise, dont see any mention of either a drinks package or vouchers included.  Does anyone know?

MSC dos not offer any alcoholic drinks package with Fantastica cabins booked on the Ireland site.  That means no alcoholic Drinks On Us nor drink voucher booklets.  All cabins will get "Hot drinks and water" included.

1 hour ago, Até said:

... All cabins will get "Hot drinks and water" included.

I meant to specify that "Hot drinks and water" will be included for cabins on oreilln's Med cruise booked from Ireland.  Caribbean and some other sailings booked from Ireland do not get this.  Unfortunately this is not always very clear and causes confusion since this board has international users.

And I'll go ahead and correct my correction before someone calls me on it.  It seems Caribbean sailings booked from Ireland do get "Hot drinks and water", MSC just uses different symbols for the European sailings.  You can't see it's included on the Caribbean sailings until you actually go into the booking area.

• 4 months later...

So here is what happened to us on the 3/25/19 sailing of Armonia.  We had the Fantastica drinks package listed on our paperwork.  I printed it ahead of time.

Nothing was in our cabin, so I went to Guest Services and asked if I ‘needed to pick these up or if they would be delivered...’

The person there made a phone call in front of me and I basically heard this:

’We have another person with vouchers.  What should I tell them?’

What we were told is that they would be delivered to our cabin... and they were.  But my take is don’t count on this happening much longer and if your paperwork has the package listed now... I would print them and bring them before it is changed in their system.

i could be wrong... but I bet not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, manmachine said:

So here is what happened to us on the 3/25/19 sailing of Armonia.  We had the Fantastica drinks package listed on our paperwork.  I printed it ahead of time.

Nothing was in our cabin, so I went to Guest Services and asked if I ‘needed to pick these up or if they would be delivered...’

The person there made a phone call in front of me and I basically heard this:

’We have another person with vouchers.  What should I tell them?’

What we were told is that they would be delivered to our cabin... and they were.  But my take is don’t count on this happening much longer and if your paperwork has the package listed now... I would print them and bring them before it is changed in their system.

i could be wrong... but I bet not.

On her in July so looking forward to your review of your trip.

We sail on Divina in a Fantastica experience room on April 28th.  Our original reservation confirmation and our e-tickets both state we have the 12 vouchers because we booked prior to the announcement that they would no longer be offered.

We’ve printed everything out and will bring it with us, but I’m not expecting to receive what we contracted for.  😞. We shall see.  

Thanks for the update!

• Like 1

We are on the Armonia cruise to Havana on April 29th and just got our e-tickets and they state we have the 12 drink vouchers.    I am not sure of what date that MSC announced the change so I don't know if they will honor the vouchers for us.   Do you remember the date of that announcement?   Perhaps we will get the drinks after all - I am hoping!  We have the Fantastica  experience as well.

53 minutes ago, mexico8 said:

We are on the Armonia cruise to Havana on April 29th and just got our e-tickets and they state we have the 12 drink vouchers.    I am not sure of what date that MSC announced the change so I don't know if they will honor the vouchers for us.   Do you remember the date of that announcement?   Perhaps we will get the drinks after all - I am hoping!  We have the Fantastica  experience as well.

I believe it was posted on their website in June of 2018. We booked in July and already knew we wouldn't receive the vouchers this coming May (although they are still on our e-tickets!).

The whole thing definitely appears to be a mystery. We don't drink enough to make a drink package worth our while, but drink vouchers would have been nice. Regardless, we booked for the itinerary, not the drink vouchers. If they appear, then bonus.

I'm following this thread because we have a similar situation. We are booked on the MSC Armonia for next week (first time on MSC). When we booked a few months ago, they were still advertising the 12 free drink vouchers. We booked over the phone directly with MSC, and they said they were ending the free drink voucher program at the end of March, so we would not be getting them, since our cruise was in April. So again, when we booked they were still being offered, but because we weren't sailing until April, she said we wouldn't get them. But on our boarding documents, it does say we will get them. I guess we won't know until we board next week.