Fantastica drink vouchers

disneykins

Just as an interesting point...I am sailing Meraviglia April 16 and my tickets when originally issued had the Fantastica 12 vouchers note on the "What's Included" section of the ticket. 

Out of the blue last night I received a Ticket Re-Issued email from MSC.  The ONLY change on my 30 pages of tickets is that the  drink voucher note is gone. 

I had already gone ahead and purchased the drink package way back when it was AIRB so it doesn't much matter to me, but I know folks were interested in how this is being handled.

On 4/2/2019 at 3:59 AM, diesel1973 said:

From my experience on the Seaside, you will get what they decide to give you, right or wrong, and that will be final!!!

Yes, but then you complain and complain and complain and in the end they rectify.

I once had where they didnt rectify, then I told them to remove the automatic tip/gratities from my cabin.

I didn't knew you could even do that, it was another cruiser that asked it just before me, so i did the same, no more tip 9 euro per day from me. Thats what they get doing so difficult. In the end their staff will start to complain, that will hopefellly change their current course 

Constantly standing in line waiting to complain to GS is not my idea of a vacation, which is what I did on the Seaside to no avail. I can stay home and do that!  Their resolution to my  erroneous charges was to remove the tips which I did. Evidently they have no respect for their employees and their patrons.

DaveNetman - Hope you can post about your experience with the drink vouchers once you return from your cruise.   We are sailing at the end of April and I would like to know if they honored your vouchers or what you had to do to try and get them.   Thanks.

On 4/5/2019 at 8:17 AM, deliver42 said:

As usual with MSC, handled badly.

Totally agree with this. We'll be on the Magnifica in July for our first MSC cruise and were told that we'd find out what they were replacing the vouchers in April. Our TA was now told "you receive continental breakfast in your room and room service throughout the day/evening.  They are still not adding any beverage vouchers to any bookings".  Not a good first impression, but there was some good that came out of this. Ended up trading our 2 balcony cabins to a suite with the Aurea experience so now we're saving close to $1000 CAD and we get the Easy drink package and a couple of massages.  

On 10/21/2018 at 8:58 PM, riclop said:

The 12 drinks coupon is no longer offered.

On 4/4/2019 at 1:40 PM, saxkid said:

Keep us posted!

We had the 12 drink package on the Armonia March 25th sailing. There was a table set up to go to when you boarded if you were supposed to get the tickets. I signed for our 12 tickets each and we had no problem using them. They did not add any drink gratuities to our final bill either. This was our first MSC cruise and we were pleased overall with our experience. We only had a couple of hiccups the entire eight days. I think MSC is taking note of the negative posts and making a good effort to try to please new customers. We would sail again for the right itinerary and price!

I just got our documents from our TA today and the Fantastica drink vouchers are on the tickets.  It has 3 stars or asterisks right next to where it says "Fastastica Drink Package" under "What's included."  And when you look at the 3 starts down below it says "12 drink vouchers."  I am waiting for someone to post getting off the Seaside in April, telling us their experience.  And you can be sure I will let everyone know when we sail on 4/27, if we get them or not.  

Any update to this? I booked our trip (April 13 Seaside) last January (2018) before there was any mention of canceling the 12 drink vouchers. I received our tickets March 14 which indicated the 12 drink vouchers would be awarded. Then the tickets were reissued last week (received via email) which did no include the vouchers. This is classic bait and switch. I love having to start a vacation with GS and arguing. When we booked, they offered the drinks on us and we could have changed but we would have lost OBC and given we have kids with us so we wont be consuming a ton, the 12 vouchers made sense. 

3 hours ago, PACrew said:

Any update to this? I booked our trip (April 13 Seaside) last January (2018) before there was any mention of canceling the 12 drink vouchers. I received our tickets March 14 which indicated the 12 drink vouchers would be awarded. Then the tickets were reissued last week (received via email) which did no include the vouchers. This is classic bait and switch. I love having to start a vacation with GS and arguing. When we booked, they offered the drinks on us and we could have changed but we would have lost OBC and given we have kids with us so we wont be consuming a ton, the 12 vouchers made sense. 

Our e tickets were also re issued this morning without the drink vouchers.  (The ones I printed out a couple of weeks ago included the vouchers) 

I phoned customer service and after going through 3 different reps I was given a $75 pp on board credit “for the inconvenience”

So we’re happy with that considering the Fantastica experience was about $90 pp we received almost all of that back in OBC. I’ll use that for drinks or towards the service charge. 

I would call them today....you have more leverage to get this squared away now before boarding. 

We sail 04/28

Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

Our e tickets were also re issued this morning without the drink vouchers.  (The ones I printed out a couple of weeks ago included the vouchers) 

I phoned customer service and after going through 3 different reps I was given a $75 pp on board credit “for the inconvenience”

So we’re happy with that considering the Fantastica experience was about $90 pp we received almost all of that back in OBC. I’ll use that for drinks or towards the service charge. 

I would call them today....you have more leverage to get this squared away now before boarding. 

We sail 04/28

Good luck!

Thanks for the update. I will call them today as well. 

• Like 1

t least they did something. MSC usually does nothing. By the way, I'm not anti MSC. Been on them twice, and am booked on the Meraviglia for Dec, 2020 with, at this time, no drink pkg in Fantastica. But that is MSC, take it or leave it. I still love the product and the pricing.

• Like 1

Just an update, I called today and it was relatively painless. Because I booked before the change in policy (booked march 2018), they awarded me $80PP OBC for the drink vouchers. I was ready for a pro-longed battle and it only took 15 minutes. Kudos to MSC. 

Edited by PACrew
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, PACrew said:

Just an update, I called today and it was relatively painless. Because I booked before the change in policy (booked march 2018), they awarded me $80PP OBC for the drink vouchers. I was ready for a pro-longed battle and it only took 15 minutes. Kudos to MSC. 

I’m glad it worked out for you too!  

I think it’s wise for folks in our situation to phone customer service prior to their departure date because from what I’ve read on these boards the folks on board aren’t as willing or as able to rectify problems.  

On the other hand, wouldn’t it be nice for MSC to just credit everyone in our situation without us having to call?  A lot of people are not on Cruise Critic and will never see this.

21 minutes ago, styles27 said:

I’m glad it worked out for you too!  

I think it’s wise for folks in our situation to phone customer service prior to their departure date because from what I’ve read on these boards the folks on board aren’t as willing or as able to rectify problems.  

On the other hand, wouldn’t it be nice for MSC to just credit everyone in our situation without us having to call?  A lot of people are not on Cruise Critic and will never see this.

I agree. It saves a great deal of head ache for passengers and crew. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PACrew said:

Thanks to you and to "styles27", I was able to call today and get $80PP OBC. I have a Fantastica reservation on the Seaview in June 2019 and I booked in April 2018. I was put on hold to so that the agent check with her supervisor and then she came back and said the credit has been added to my booking.

I can see the OBC credit online under the price breakdown tab.

Edited by AlexTheman

42 minutes ago, AlexTheman said:

Thanks to you and to "styles27", I was able to call today and get $80PP OBC. I have a Fantastica reservation on the Seaview in June 2019 and I booked in April 2018. I was put on hold to so that the agent check with her supervisor and then she came back and said the credit has been added to my booking.

Hopefully MSC has their act together on this. 

On 4/6/2019 at 9:59 PM, mimi7ccr said:

I just got our documents from our TA today and the Fantastica drink vouchers are on the tickets.  It has 3 stars or asterisks right next to where it says "Fastastica Drink Package" under "What's included."  And when you look at the 3 starts down below it says "12 drink vouchers."  I am waiting for someone to post getting off the Seaside in April, telling us their experience.  And you can be sure I will let everyone know when we sail on 4/27, if we get them or not.  

Classic bait and switch or just plain deceptive business practices😖 That is what we are trying to decide.  After a little conference call this afternoon between our TA and MSC we learned that effective March 25, 2019 MSC will not honor the 12 drink vouchers for customers sailing after that date.  Period.  They also are choosing "not to grandfather-in"  customers who purchased, for example, the Fantastica experience which specifically included the 12 drink vouchers.  

We also have in our EDocs under "what is included" the 3 asterisks, then below in the fine print it explains that the 3 asterisks denotes that you will receive 12 drink vouchers.  MSC stated this afternoon, as well as our TA, that the CURRENT Edocs that they look at do NOT show these drink vouchers under what is included. In other words, MSC has in fact removed them from Edocs for people sailing after 3/25/2019.  

We were told by our TA, off the conference call, to take our printed Edocs which show "in black and white" that we have 12 drink vouchers, to the concierge on board.  Out TA said not to use a highlighter in case it looks like we messed around with the document. We politely asked about a possible credit while on the phone with MSC in lieu of the now non-existent drink vouchers.  We were told that no credits were being or have been given out.  

People, we are not big drinkers, just like to chill, have a couple of drinks over the week, and that's it.  But this has touched a nerve.  We are glad that we are not among those who had Black loyalty given, then taken away.

We are also involved in a pursuit of the 5% discount which is a perk for those awarded  Classic, Silver, Gold  and Black levels in Voyager Club.  Our TA said this 5% is taken out of the TA's commission.  Our TA has been kind enough to say they will be sending us a check for the missing amount 4- 6 weeks post cruise.  (This after our rep spoke with a TA supervisor.)

Following is a cut of the email we received this afternoon after starting to look in to the drink voucher question.

As for the drink vouchers, MSC stopped this service on March 25th. The agent I spoke with reviewed your edocs and didn’t see any vouchers. If you have it in black and white, you will have to take it up with Guest Relations onboard.

Lastly, MSC sent out an email blast to Travel Agents regarding this bait and switch or deception, but this was not passed on to us.

We really hope MSC is reading these forums and knowing that we already have a really bad taste in our mouths.

Edited by boneatnik
poorly edited first time

1 hour ago, AlexTheman said:

Another example of their completely random biz practices.  Today we were told in no uncertain terms that no credits were being given.

18 hours ago, boneatnik said:

Classic bait and switch or just plain deceptive business practices😖 That is what we are trying to decide.  After a little conference call this afternoon between our TA and MSC we learned that effective March 25, 2019 MSC will not honor the 12 drink vouchers for customers sailing after that date.  Period.  They also are choosing "not to grandfather-in"  customers who purchased, for example, the Fantastica experience which specifically included the 12 drink vouchers.  

We also have in our EDocs under "what is included" the 3 asterisks, then below in the fine print it explains that the 3 asterisks denotes that you will receive 12 drink vouchers.  MSC stated this afternoon, as well as our TA, that the CURRENT Edocs that they look at do NOT show these drink vouchers under what is included. In other words, MSC has in fact removed them from Edocs for people sailing after 3/25/2019.  

We were told by our TA, off the conference call, to take our printed Edocs which show "in black and white" that we have 12 drink vouchers, to the concierge on board.  Out TA said not to use a highlighter in case it looks like we messed around with the document. We politely asked about a possible credit while on the phone with MSC in lieu of the now non-existent drink vouchers.  We were told that no credits were being or have been given out.  

People, we are not big drinkers, just like to chill, have a couple of drinks over the week, and that's it.  But this has touched a nerve.  We are glad that we are not among those who had Black loyalty given, then taken away.

We are also involved in a pursuit of the 5% discount which is a perk for those awarded  Classic, Silver, Gold  and Black levels in Voyager Club.  Our TA said this 5% is taken out of the TA's commission.  Our TA has been kind enough to say they will be sending us a check for the missing amount 4- 6 weeks post cruise.  (This after our rep spoke with a TA supervisor.)

Following is a cut of the email we received this afternoon after starting to look in to the drink voucher question.

As for the drink vouchers, MSC stopped this service on March 25th. The agent I spoke with reviewed your edocs and didn’t see any vouchers. If you have it in black and white, you will have to take it up with Guest Relations onboard.

Lastly, MSC sent out an email blast to Travel Agents regarding this bait and switch or deception, but this was not passed on to us.

We really hope MSC is reading these forums and knowing that we already have a really bad taste in our mouths.

This is is a classic example of why I won’t use a TA. Nobody will go to bat for me like I can. 

Call MSC yourself. It took 15 min phone call and I had the OBC. 

19 hours ago, AlexTheman said:

I’m happy it worked out for you too!  They really were very accommodating to us. It’s good to have it squared away before we board that’s for sure. 

54 minutes ago, styles27 said:

This is is a classic example of why I won’t use a TA. Nobody will go to bat for me like I can. 

Call MSC yourself. It took 15 min phone call and I had the OBC. 

Will hop on this, thanks.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 1:01 PM, styles27 said:

We sail 04/28

Good luck!

thanks, will do!

• Like 1

Just talking to MSC now, they had a meeting about it this morning, and they "know people are unhappy."  Unnh, yes.

She is contacting a supervisor.  She also let me know that because I booked through a TA, all changes have to be made through a TA.  Tried that yesterday. Waiting