Fantastica drink vouchers

disneykins

1 hour ago, ssmea03 said:

We were also told August back in November, but were hearing MSC are claiming now it was earlier. I have an April 2018 brochure and it isnt in it.

Our friends booked a cruise this past January 2019 for November 2019 and their reservation states that the 12 drink vouchers are included.

I don’t understand how a large company like MSC couldn’t get their IT department to fix that.  It’s really amateurish.  

4 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Our friends booked a cruise this past January 2019 for November 2019 and their reservation states that the 12 drink vouchers are included.

I don’t understand how a large company like MSC couldn’t get their IT department to fix that.  It’s really amateurish.  

Our December 2020 cruise booking also lists vouchers 🤯

21 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Just to clarify, the April 2018 brochure does not mention that the vouchers will be discontinued after the last winter sailing.

54 minutes ago, ssmea03 said:

Just to clarify, the April 2018 brochure does not mention that the vouchers will be discontinued after the last winter sailing.

Right, I understood what you meant, I noticed that also in the last mailing I received they were still advertising the 12 drink vouchers. 

I’ve also heard that they may be bringing them back (the first agent I spoke to from MSC said “off the record we’re hearing they will reinstate the vouchers”. 

I guess well have to wait wait and see. 

25 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Right, I understood what you meant, I noticed that also in the last mailing I received they were still advertising the 12 drink vouchers. 

I’ve also heard that they may be bringing them back (the first agent I spoke to from MSC said “off the record we’re hearing they will reinstate the vouchers”. 

I guess well have to wait wait and see. 

They are actually continuing as a promotion for Armonia only for the summer. What I'd really like them to bring back, even electronically are the "more for less" vouchers.

• Like 1

I am quite frustrated with MSC.   We booked an Armonia cruise for April 29th with the Fantastica experience in the fall of 2018.   I was told about the vouchers by the MSC rep.   I got an e-mail from MSC (8 pages long with boarding instructions and luggage tags etc. on March 29, 2019) and at the bottom of page 5 it lists the 12 drink vouchers under "What is included" and gives the details about what it covers.

I called MSC today (waited for a live person for 55 minutes) and got Robert B.  He was the rudest person I think I have ever spoken to.    He asked me if I had proof about what I told about  having the vouchers.   I e-mailed him  the proof and he got the e-mail and put me on hold for about 5 minutes.   He then came back and told me I would NOT be getting the free drinks.   I asked why not when I had the e-mail dated March 29, 2019 stating I would have them.    We argued and when I told him people on Cruise Critic were getting OBC he said that was not true and that they were all lying!!   Imagine.   

I asked to speak to a supervisor and he told me I would have to wait probably an hour and I said "no problem".   He then hung up on me.   How professional.

I will call back tomorrow and try to get a supervisor.   I will keep you posted on the outcome.  This is my second (and perhaps last MSC cruise).   We have black status but I don't like being treated this way and there are too many other cruise lines that treat me fairly.

4 hours ago, mexico8 said:

I am quite frustrated with MSC.   We booked an Armonia cruise for April 29th with the Fantastica experience in the fall of 2018.   I was told about the vouchers by the MSC rep.   I got an e-mail from MSC (8 pages long with boarding instructions and luggage tags etc. on March 29, 2019) and at the bottom of page 5 it lists the 12 drink vouchers under "What is included" and gives the details about what it covers.

I called MSC today (waited for a live person for 55 minutes) and got Robert B.  He was the rudest person I think I have ever spoken to.    He asked me if I had proof about what I told about  having the vouchers.   I e-mailed him  the proof and he got the e-mail and put me on hold for about 5 minutes.   He then came back and told me I would NOT be getting the free drinks.   I asked why not when I had the e-mail dated March 29, 2019 stating I would have them.    We argued and when I told him people on Cruise Critic were getting OBC he said that was not true and that they were all lying!!   Imagine.   

I asked to speak to a supervisor and he told me I would have to wait probably an hour and I said "no problem".   He then hung up on me.   How professional.

I will call back tomorrow and try to get a supervisor.   I will keep you posted on the outcome.  This is my second (and perhaps last MSC cruise).   We have black status but I don't like being treated this way and there are too many other cruise lines that treat me fairly.

Sorry to hear that.  The only thing I can think of is maybe you booked the cruise after the announcement was made that vouchers would not be honored after March 25th ( the announcement was made in August 2018)

What date did you book the cruise?

Nonetheless, they don’t have to be rude to you. 

Some other members have received the same notification as you that the vouchers were included even though they aren’t.   

Good luck tomorrow....keep us posted!

4 hours ago, mexico8 said:

We argued and when I told him people on Cruise Critic were getting OBC he said that was not true and that they were all lying!!   Imagine.   

Here's a screen shot of our credit for the next time they accuse you of lying.

Screenshot_20190415-195024_MSC for Me.jpg

We were on Seaside in Feb. With Fantastica and got 2 envelopes delivered to our cabin. Each contained 24 coupons. Cruise Next advised this was a mistake and they would charge me after we used our 24 that we were entitled to. Guest Services said it was their mistakes just use them. After using a few of the extra coupons we checked our account and there were no extra charges so we kept using them.

Now it gets interesting. When we got off we still had 16 left. Since we were on Divina TA on Mar. 14 we thought we'd use them there. It worked most of the time. The few times it didn't we didn't say anything and it went on our bill. I forgot to use them by the end of March but had no problem using them on April 2& 3.

Confusing

Tony

Just off the April 13 sailing of Bellissima.  We booked a fantastica inside cabin in 2018. After checking with customer service and showing our old e-ticket which includes 12 drinking vouchers, they gave us 12 vouchers per person.  No problem at all and no question asked. 

In addition,  1 L bottle of water was also provided for free in main dining room if you are American customers.  However, you have to ask your waiter in the first night though. After first night, our waiter brought us a bottle of water without asking again. Just FYI. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 2:23 AM, Match Game 72 said:

Just off the April 6, 2019 sailing of Sinfonia in a fantastica suite booked in October 2017. Vouchers were waiting in the cabin. Water was not provided for free in main dining room.  

If you were a North American res you were to receive comp water at lunch and dinner. We did but had to use card with code 401 on Sinfonia (Same sailing). Our Fantasica drink vouchers awaited us in our cabin. 3 days later we embark Fantasia no drink vouchers (say they don’t do it any more and will have to email head office about our water!). Maurer d says yes we should have it with code 601 on our card this time.  Nothing definite in drink vouchers but website did. It work fir ius at home and the counties times we have tried in the months since our status match. Cud not see res details or link bookings to profile.   TA and I have have spent ridiculous amount of time trying to resolve this and many other things.  We are mid in the midst if our rip wasting more time.  The ship is beautiful!:)

On 4/21/2019 at 3:31 AM, lizinvan said:

If you were a North American res you were to receive comp water at lunch and dinner. We did but had to use card with code 401 on Sinfonia (Same sailing). Our Fantasica drink vouchers awaited us in our cabin. 3 days later we embark Fantasia no drink vouchers (say they don’t do it any more and will have to email head office about our water!). Maurer d says yes we should have it with code 601 on our card this time.  Nothing definite in drink vouchers but website did. It work fir ius at home and the counties times we have tried in the months since our status match. Cud not see res details or link bookings to profile.   TA and I have have spent ridiculous amount of time trying to resolve this and many other things.  We are mid in the midst if our rip wasting more time.  The ship is beautiful!:)

At this point why waste your time?  You’re on a cruise enjoy yourself.

In my opinion it’s not worth wasting time on vacation arguing with MSC  for less than a couple of hundred dollars worth of drinks. Deal with it when you get back...maybe they’ll issue you a credit. 

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

On 4/21/2019 at 2:27 AM, cruiserRay55 said:

Just off the April 13 sailing of Bellissima.  We booked a fantastica inside cabin in 2018. After checking with customer service and showing our old e-ticket which includes 12 drinking vouchers, they gave us 12 vouchers per person.  No problem at all and no question asked. 

In addition,  1 L bottle of water was also provided for free in main dining room if you are American customers.  However, you have to ask your waiter in the first night though. After first night, our waiter brought us a bottle of water without asking again. Just FYI. 

I’m glad it worked out for you with the vouchers. 

Could you explain the free bottle of water in the mdr please?  We sale this Sunday on Divina, first time on MSc for us. 

Thanks!

Edited by styles27

2 hours ago, styles27 said:

I’m glad it worked out for you with the vouchers. 

Could you explain the free bottle of water in the mdr please?  We sale this Sunday on Divina, first time on MSc for us. 

Thanks!

It is very simple.  They will try to sell you bottle of water.   Simple say no and tell your waiter that you are US resident.  That's it.

42 minutes ago, cruiserRay55 said:

It is very simple.  They will try to sell you bottle of water.   Simple say no and tell your waiter that you are US resident.  That's it.

Thx.

So they don’t serve tap water?  Has to be bottled?

We are on Fantasia and we can use the fantastica drink coupons of last year's cruise! Then we had an All Inclusive drink package and we didn't need the coupons, but now with the Easy Package (with fewer choice) we use the coupons for Frozen Pina Colada and also for Gelato! 

Now I don't know if this is how it should be....The personnel really do not now what to do with it...But they do not care....Hahaha

Just like on any subject...They Really do not care....

Two nights ago 70% of the ship lost the flush capacity of the toilets....Public and cabins! This was from 23 hr to 7 in the morning. We had a rough sea that night...So you can imagine what the cleaning personnel had to do....

Styles27: only my second MSC cruise and both European and no tap water served at meals. Get your own from buffet machines 24 hours 

Korpo024 That explains some of the odour and why toilet flushed on it’s own!:). You posting from the cocktail party? Your fruit basket show up and invitation to Voyager club cocktail reception?  Any experience with MSC andCC in Europe?  Hardly anyone posted or was interested in private tours. Enjoy the trip. Are there English speakers at your dinner table?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruiserRay55 said:

Do they serve bottled water to all on sailings from Miami or only US recidents? 

1 hour ago, lizinvan said:

Styles27: only my second MSC cruise and both European and no tap water served at meals. Get your own from buffet machines 24 hours 

Korpo024 That explains some of the odour and why toilet flushed on it’s own!:). You posting from the cocktail party? Your fruit basket show up and invitation to Voyager club cocktail reception?  Any experience with MSC andCC in Europe?  Hardly anyone posted or was interested in private tours. Enjoy the trip. Are there English speakers at your dinner table?

They try English...But a Chinese waiter is just like Manuel from Fawlty Towers....He understands nothing....Sigh...But we have a good holiday....It is still what you pay for at MSC....And we did not pay a lot....Lol

And there are great waiters! Especially at the Sports bar!