Chops or Giovannis on Allure

Flyby

6 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Giovanni’s - better value and a better filet. 

Hey, nice new avatar!  That change would not have anything to do with the current state of the baseball playoffs?

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Giovanni's.  Chops is no longer worth the cost to us.

Unless it's on sale.:classic_rolleyes:  To the Op, you may want to take advantage of the 1st 2 night package, if offered.  It gives you 2 restaurants for the price of 1 to be used only on the 1st 2 nights.  I booked this promo on upcoming Symphony for $40 per and hoping to use it for Chops & Hooked Seafood.

• 2 months later...

We always have been disappointed with Chops, as a result our last two cruises on the Oasis last year we did not go to and won't go back.  Giovanni's is what I recommend out of the two restaurants, and you will get a better steak there too.  I highly recommend my favorite place is 150 Central Park, the tenderloin is always the best.

I would go with Giovanni's.  We chose Giovanni's over Chops because we were told the filet in Giovanni's was better than Chops.  The filet in Giovanni's did not disappoint it was very good, in addition to the other options.  We had a great waiter and experience at Giovanni's.  I would also suggest 150 Central Park...Tuna Tatar was fantastic.  We went March 2018.  Have fun.

Up until our last cruise on Allure in June, I would have said Chops as I thought Giovanni's was just ok.  We had dinner in both two nights each and decided we liked the filet in Giovanni's better than that in Chops.

We had great service in both places and I do have to say our waiter in Chops could not have been any better or more pleasant.  I mentioned I missed the onion soup that was on the menu years ago and he told me he would have it for the table on the 2nd formal night.  He also asked us about lobster tails.  I told him I was the only one that ate them and he said on the 2nd formal night they would be there for me.  I decided I would have a small filet along with a lobster tail for dinner that night.

Lo and behold, after the onion soup, out came my plate with three lobster tails and a small filet.  OMG, no way could I eat all that.  Of course I had to eat the lobster tails and left the steak.  He was also always filling my wine glass, so much so that I had to stop him.  He even gave me a glass to go!

We will be going on Allure again in June and hopefully the waiter will still be there and we will again go to Giovanni's and Samba.  We love the specialty dining on Allure.